--> Advice I've accumulated from this website that has helped during my breakup

Hey,

I wanted to share some advice I've gained from this website and the forum that has helped me with my breakup. I can tell you for a fact if you use some of these pieces you will be in a much better place moving forward.

* Make a list on your phone of all the negative attributes about them - I did this in my notes section of my iPhone. Whenever I was missing her or felt like reaching out to her, I would look at the list. Over time you will add things to it that make you reconsider putting them on a pedestal.

* Distance yourself from them - One thing I learned from previous relationships is you can not chase after someone who does not want to be in a relationship with you. It only pushes them farther away. Have more self respect in yourself to walk away and never look back if they let you down like that. You deserve better, plus distance brings a lot of clarity when looking back on a relationship.

* No contact - the most amazing thing to happen to me was do no contact. They day she ended it and moved out, I unfollowed her from all social media, unfollowed her friends and family, and had my family unfollow her. You don't have to unfriend, just unfollow. I have totally purged her from my life and it feels great. You don't have to worry about her popping up on your newsfeed and ruining your day.

Remember, it will get better, you will feel more alive then you ever felt before after going thru something like you're going thru, and you will be a better person because of it.

*if and when you are ready.....

Exactly. If not you could look for a person who reminds you of the ex (at least in my case).

I always really forgot the ex (or the woman who rejected me) once I found a new, and totally different, interesting woman: so that the new qualities of her will please my heart and make it move from the past (its search for a clone of the ex) to the present. Does happens the same to you, people?

Archived