Mother in law is coming in between

ZeeBae

My mother in law has crossed the line and called me out of my name bc my husband wouldn’t do what she wanted him to do.But recently she has taken it a step further and disrespected me again on top of harassing me.Being nosey in my hubbys phone I noticed they’ve been speaking everyday when I went out of town for a funeral.Am I wrong to feel betrayed on his part when he knows how bad she disrespected me and he keeps speaking to her like nothing is wrong??

She is his MOTHER. She gave birth to him. She raised him. Feeling betrayed because he talked to her is unreasonable and cruel. Having said that, it sounds like your husband is a pushover who went from one controlling woman (his mom) to another (you). Being nosy with his phone proves that when it comes to him, you are no better than her. You are both trying to control him. Asking for him to cut out his mother is just as unloving as his mother meddling on your marriage. His mom is awful but so is your own controlling behaviour towards your husband.

What did she do to you that warrants her son not speaking to her?

If she is awful to you, you don't have to have her in your life. But that doesn't mean he isn't going to have her in his life.

Ok so before we got married I had a 4 year old whose 7 and we have a 2month old together.She was getting my daughter until we found out I was pregnant again NOW she says my son can’t go to my daughters dad house when she goes so why does my daughter have to come over to her house with the baby.Basically bc my son is biologically related to her she only wants to get him.Well my daughter still asks to go so we told her your not going to treat them any diff. In that process is when I was called a hood rat,a sucking and ing ,whose take her sons youth,and a .When my mom stepped out of line I.PUT.HER.IN.CHECK. But his mom won’t take a hint!He’s 23 and I’m 27 btw

That is his Mother at the end of the day. You two may not get along but family you can't come between. If you try you will soon learn you will loose at that battle.

Lisa

Not trying to come in between just want her to understand that we’re a team and that she no longer holds weight as the First Lady in his life anymore.Shes going through a denial phase and its been 3 yrs already.He’s 23 and I’m 27 btw

She is his MOTHER. She gave birth to him. She raised him. Feeling betrayed because he talked to her is unreasonable and cruel. Having said that, it sounds like your husband is a pushover who went from one controlling woman (his mom) to another (you). Being nosy with his phone proves that when it comes to him, you are no better than her. You are both trying to control him. Asking for him to cut out his mother is just as unloving as his mother meddling on your marriage. His mom is awful but so is your own controlling behaviour towards your husband.

Ok so before we got married I had a 4 year old whose 7 and we have a 2month old together.She was getting my daughter until we found out I was pregnant again NOW she says my son can’t go to my daughters dad house when she goes so why does my daughter have to come over to her house with the baby.Basically bc my son is biologically related to her she only wants to get him.Well my daughter still asks to go so we told her your not going to treat them any diff. In that process is when I was called a hood rat,a sucking and ing ,whose take her sons youth,and a .When my mom stepped out of line I.PUT.HER.IN.CHECK. But his mom won’t take a hint!He’s 23 and I’m 27 btw

Your MIL is wrong to hurt your daughter. I'd be all feisty about it, too. But. What's the difference between his mom refusing to see your daughter, and you trying to stop your H from seeing his mom?

You're not getting what you want by trying to force a wedge between your H and his mom.

Think about what is best for your children. Then figure out the best way to try and get that to happen by working with your H and your MIL.

Archived