Ex split with me out of the blue

Ok so this may be a long post due to the fact im beyond heart broken.

So me and my ex had been together 9 months, id never experienced love like it. She told me how madly inlove with me she was, sent cute txts daily, told me she wanted me to propose etc we never argued n seemed pretty balanced.. she has just started uni training as a nurse which i understand is fairly intense, i decided a few years ago i wanted to foster adults with learning difficulties and work from home for a few years as a break from a previous stressful career in childcare..so obviously this is what i was doing when we met however.. I recently started to feel like i was doing everything on her terms, seeing her when she wasnt otherwise occupied with uni, family, friends or cricket which she plays at weekend and so brought this up..i got a txt back saying "we need to talk"

She left me in limbo for 24 hours, just explaining things need to change for us to work. Obviously my heart was in my mouth.

Next day she turns up at my house and says my situation with my job just isnt working..it is too restricting on the relationship and we need to go and find ourselves. On top of that her friends have told her she has changed and doesnt go out anymore etc etc.. i for one have never ever had an issue with her seeing her friends or with anything other than when everything became more important than me.

So we split.. my world has been torn apart..apart from this we have been the most loved up couple ud ever come across..i mean smitten. We had our cute little date nights, our routine when she stayed at my house, were inseperable txting n talking all day.

So now its been nearly 2 weeks, iv had very little contact from her other than asking when she can get her stuff. Her friend has been texting me asking how i am etc but its like she just doesnt care.. and to add salt to the wounds she came to my town today to see a puppy i took her to get for her mum and posted it on Snapchat.

I told her id give up my job if that would mean us working it out but she said she just needs to be herself for a while and who knows about the future. She told me she was still in love with me but had to find herself again. Am i being deceived. Should i just move on? This is so painful

My heart goes out to you, I'm in same position, nearly 2 weeks for me.

My only advice is just to talk as much as you can, friends and on here, but ultimately do what you feels right.

I still feel almost the same as the night when she dropped the bomb on me, I've been to some dark places let me tell you and probably will for the foreseeable.

Just keep yourself busy as possible.

Nothing anyone will say will help

Couldn't agree more. I was so happy and in love and next thing im in a miserable existence. I cant sleep and when i do i dream we are back together and wake up heartbroken again..i didnt eat for 7 days straight..its literally like grieving

Sounds like she's being selfish and trying to find an excuse for you to breakup

There's nothing you can do that will change her mind at this point.

She made it clear she needs to be with herself (in a woman's mind that can mean a lot of things).

Stay strong. Focus on yourself now. Know what you did wrong and remember what you did right. If you were the best you could be, don't try and blame it on yourself. Take it as a learning experience. Things like this happen all the time.

I know it's hard, but you can do it. Remember, in the end she's just another girl. There's no way in hell you won't find another one that will really really really love you and deserve the person you are.

Remember that.

That means a lot thankyou. I just want her to feel some of my pain. She lead me to believe i was her everything and then just left me. I was so happy and secure then within a day it was over..feel like im living a nightmare its so painful.

Archived