Best place to meet potential partners ?

Darksoul26

From everyone's experience, where have you found to be the best place to find potential long term partners ? My work is primarily females, none of my friends know any male friends they can set me up with and I'm not really the biggest fan of dating apps. I did join a coed sports team but everyone I met wasn't single. I'm not really sure where to look anymore ? Or maybe because I'm looking that's why I can't find anyone ? Any input would be good I just want to find other outlets besides online dating, or any tips on how to tackle the online dating world

You don't say your gender (I'm surmising hetero female) or age bracket. That affects the advice

I've found it does take conscious effort to find a soulmate. That's not to say you should be desperate. For example speed-dating or bars is a lot of fun and builds confidence, but is less likely to yield a life partner.

I've been to networking events (eg Professional Italians in London), or regular special-interest clubs (eg local Sunday morning cycling club), which I've found a better way of meeting like-minded people than formal "Meetup" events (but don't rule the latter out).

Online is increasingly popular. My view is it's an introduction service. Once you've met someone through it, the "onlineness" of it becomes irrelevant. It's now up to you to vet / handle that potential partner as you would any other time. I've recently discovered from people here and elsewhere that women's approach seems different from men's. They complete a profile, add photos and sit back. This will have a low success rate. You need to seek out the people who interest you not wait til hopefully one of the few who contact you is of interest. You're the boss.

Most of all, enjoy the process. It's not a chore!

Archived