What's going on????

GirlOnTheEdge

So I'm dating this very handsome older man 15 years my senior). When im around him, I get like a young school girl around my crush. Kind of shy to talk about anything other than the general stuff you would talk to anybody about. BUT when he isn't around me, I explode. I yern for his affection. Seriously, wth?!

It sounds like you're getting too caught up in this and somewhat obsessed.

Are you younger, like around 20's? Or older, like around 30's? I only ask because you sound a lot younger. It doesn't matter what his age is, he is only a human being like any other person. Why do you feel is he so great? Could you possibly have a daddy complex?

Either way, this does not sound healthy at all and you should consider backing off for now till you can get a hold of your feelings and be more realistic. Your infatuation is getting out of hand.

It sounds like you're getting too caught up in this and somewhat obsessed.

Are you younger, like around 20's? Or older, like around 30's? I only ask because you sound a lot younger. It doesn't matter what his age is, he is only a human being like any other person. Why do you feel is he so great? Could you possibly have a daddy complex?

Either way, this does not sound healthy at all and you should consider backing off for now till you can get a hold of your feelings and be more realistic. Your infatuation is getting out of hand.

I was actually speaking in terms of it being a new situation for me. He is quite the gentleman. No I do not have a daddy complex. Every relationship I had ever been in, I experienced physical and mental abuse. Taking things slow is something we had already agreed to. And im 35. I sound younger because I expressed how this man makes me feel???? At what age do you stop experiencing infatuation? And obsession is not hardly a description of my feelings towards this man. Maybe had i said "miss him" instead of "yern for him"?

I have read your past posts, you did admit that you do go overboard with your feelings and you do get overly attached to men very easily.

Many members on this site have already told you that you need to go slow, to stop being obsessive and to actually get to know these men first before you make it up in your mind that they are perfection and your dream man.

You have also admitted that you've made that mistake many times before and had men end up being bad to you and bad for you because you jumped in head first before.

So this man is 50, and you're "yearning" for his affection? How long have you even been dating? Is he interested in a serious relationship? How well do you know him? Have either of you been married before or have children?

You should be looking at the whole picture here and take things slow. How well do you know him at all? This sounds fairly new and you're rushing things.

I have read your past posts, you did admit that you do go overboard with your feelings and you do get overly attached to men very easily.

Many members on this site have already told you that you need to go slow, to stop being obsessive and to actually get to know these men first before you make it up in your mind that they are perfection and your dream man.

You have also admitted that you've made that mistake many times before and had men end up being bad to you and bad for you because you jumped in head first before.

So this man is 50, and you're "yearning" for his affection? How long have you even been dating? Is he interested in a serious relationship? How well do you know him? Have either of you been married before or have children?

You should be looking at the whole picture here and take things slow. How well do you know him at all? This sounds fairly new and you're rushing things.

SherrySher....youve read my posts before. Which I was hoping you brought that up. 😊 You are the judge of what you just asked me. Ifbive posted here BEFORE about my tendencies I've openly admitted to, then why would you assume I'm moving too fast. Feelings cannot be controlled, however, ACTING on those feelings are fully controllable. Offended? Hardly. I'm amused more than anything. My observation have proven my argument very well. A person speaks on how they feel, and they are automatically told to turn them off. How about this...next time you're at a funeral, don't cry. Does that sound simple? Or how about hit the lottery for $5.5 million? Clearly it was stated that when "I" am around "him", my feelings are under control. But when I'm not around him is when I "yearn". In previous posts I stated being guilty of falling too fast in past relationships. I have also stated having known this gentleman for almost a year. It seems people only focus on parts of what is said instead of fully focusing on the complete context. It's something I've observed in several forums here on "Not Alone". My question then is...how can one give advice or "commands" rather than support which is what the name of this app suggests? Think about it for a moment. If I am threatening to jump off a bridge without a life line, how can you (speaking in general) stand next to me making the same threat without a life line try to convince me not to? Why should I listen to someone who is just as misguided as I am? I mean...im about to jump off the bridge. And so are you. All to often, there are always kettles calling the pot black, if you would.

There is no 50 year old man. I'm not even yearning for anyone. However, I have been in past relationships where WE, as a couple of young adults, just moved too fast. It happens. Young, dumb, and full of can. There was a turning point for me that some women never reach due to a number of reasons. I didn't take the advice of any strangers. Or anyone for that matter. The choice was mine completely. The ball had always been in my court. I just had to make the decision to shoot or pass. I took a chance on being single and alone and learning that it didn't equate to being lonely. I took the time to learn about me. To love me. And learn exactly what it is that I wanted in a spouse. I had to take charge to ensure chivalry had a place in ny life. And things (sex, disrespect, abuse, etc) only happened if allowed them to. Only thing I hope for now is that there is a woman, young or mature, reading this thread, who can understand that she really isnt alone. Hope that she understands that she has the power to end her situation. I hope you understand when a person is actually offended and when they aren't. I hooe you learn to understand everyone doesn't think like you. I hope you learn to understand people do, indeed, have their own style of emphasis. And the way they choose to emphasize something through text, isn't a good indicater of their age group. There are several older generations who still do not know how to distinguish the difference between there, their, and they're; to and too. Woman and women. Know and no. Hopefully you get the picture. It was nice speaking with you concerning my phantom "knight in shining armor" and me losing control of my feelings. It's been 3 years for me that I've been single. I went on my last date about 8 months ago. My choice. No one has all the answers. But it never hurts to actually observe the entire picture. Not doing so allows one to miss some of the key factors. Have a good day/night.

SherrySher....youve read my posts before. Which I was hoping you brought that up. 😊 You are the judge of what you just asked me. Ifbive posted here BEFORE about my tendencies I've openly admitted to, then why would you assume I'm moving too fast. Feelings cannot be controlled, however, ACTING on those feelings are fully controllable. Offended? Hardly. I'm amused more than anything. My observation have proven my argument very well. A person speaks on how they feel, and they are automatically told to turn them off. How about this...next time you're at a funeral, don't cry. Does that sound simple? Or how about hit the lottery for $5.5 million? Clearly it was stated that when "I" am around "him", my feelings are under control. But when I'm not around him is when I "yearn". In previous posts I stated being guilty of falling too fast in past relationships. I have also stated having known this gentleman for almost a year. It seems people only focus on parts of what is said instead of fully focusing on the complete context. It's something I've observed in several forums here on "Not Alone". My question then is...how can one give advice or "commands" rather than support which is what the name of this app suggests? Think about it for a moment. If I am threatening to jump off a bridge without a life line, how can you (speaking in general) stand next to me making the same threat without a life line try to convince me not to? Why should I listen to someone who is just as misguided as I am? I mean...im about to jump off the bridge. And so are you. All to often, there are always kettles calling the pot black, if you would.

There is no 50 year old man. I'm not even yearning for anyone. However, I have been in past relationships where WE, as a couple of young adults, just moved too fast. It happens. Young, dumb, and full of can. There was a turning point for me that some women never reach due to a number of reasons. I didn't take the advice of any strangers. Or anyone for that matter. The choice was mine completely. The ball had always been in my court. I just had to make the decision to shoot or pass. I took a chance on being single and alone and learning that it didn't equate to being lonely. I took the time to learn about me. To love me. And learn exactly what it is that I wanted in a spouse. I had to take charge to ensure chivalry had a place in ny life. And things (sex, disrespect, abuse, etc) only happened if allowed them to. Only thing I hope for now is that there is a woman, young or mature, reading this thread, who can understand that she really isnt alone. Hope that she understands that she has the power to end her situation. I hope you understand when a person is actually offended and when they aren't. I hooe you learn to understand everyone doesn't think like you. I hope you learn to understand people do, indeed, have their own style of emphasis. And the way they choose to emphasize something through text, isn't a good indicater of their age group. There are several older generations who still do not know how to distinguish the difference between there, their, and they're; to and too. Woman and women. Know and no. Hopefully you get the picture. It was nice speaking with you concerning my phantom "knight in shining armor" and me losing control of my feelings. It's been 3 years for me that I've been single. I went on my last date about 8 months ago. My choice. No one has all the answers. But it never hurts to actually observe the entire picture. Not doing so allows one to miss some of the key factors. Have a good day/night.

Oh...my username, GirlOnTheEdge, means nothing at all. For all you know, it could mean I was suicidal or on the brink of losing my sanity. But because I post in a forum concerning relationships, you assume my username is in regards to my situation I have outlined. I ha e commented on threads outside of relationships. I wonder how many people feel my username has something to do with the topic of the forum 🤔

There is no 50 year old man. I'm not even yearning for anyone..

If that's the case, what were you talking about in your original post? ... "So I'm dating this very handsome older man 15 years my senior). When im around him, I get like a young school girl around my crush. I yern for his affection."

If that's the case, what were you talking about in your original post? ... "So I'm dating this very handsome older man 15 years my senior). When im around him, I get like a young school girl around my crush. I yern for his affection."

It was made up. I've been reading several different posts in this app and the way some people respond to a posters post amazes me. Do any of you ever consider putting yourself in a person's shoes before you start typing? So many people here are so judgemental.

I ask the same as Capricorn.

OP. Now you say: "There is no 50 year old man. I'm not even yearning for anyone".

But in your first post you said there was.

It was made up. I've been reading several different posts in this app and the way some people respond to a posters post amazes me. Do any of you ever consider putting yourself in a person's shoes before you start typing? So many people here are so judgemental.

So now people want to be confused. Lol wow. How amazing is that? Ok so...when I "pretended" there actually was a 50 year old man I was yearning for, everyone wanted to bash me about my FEELINGS. Never did I mention I acted on those feelings. Which would be me keeping it together. Direct ne if I'm wrong, but feelings isn't sonethingbyou can necessarily control. HOWEVER....actions are completely controllable. So now when i reveal that the whole situation was made up from the beginning, now no one have answers🤔? Sherry had some really good sound advice on my original post about falling fast. However, on my post about what's going on....i was bashed basically for using the word yearning. I was even accused of being younger, in my 20s, because i used more than one question mark to end a sentence. Oh and that my user name is GirlOnEdge. The "girl" part. WomanOnEdge just didn't sound catchy enough to me. In other news....Dr. Phil is getting a divorce for having an affair.

So now people want to be confused. Lol wow. How amazing is that?

So now when i reveal that the whole situation was made up from the beginning, now no one have answers🤔?

You make up a story and pretend a scenario and then YOU wonder why people are confused? Are you for real? Seriously?? What kind of answers/replies do you expect to a made up story?

For the record, none of us here are psychic. How was anyone supposed to know you made up this pretend story?

Archived