Trying to get fit

So last year I got a gym membership in March. I weighed 210.... this year I'm 155 .. I haven't really been going to the gym as much. Which I'm going to start again. I'm vegetarian so I don't eat meat and what not. But man do those nachos, pizza and fries get me!!! I've stayed at 155 for a month now that's with working out and eating unhealthy lol. I want to get down to 130 now. Any advice? Should I do shakes again? I think I loss 20 lbs in two months doing shakes but you never actually get full.

Well you kinda answered your own question.

3 choices-

cut out the nachos/pizza and fries completely or

cut way down on the nachos/pizza and fries AND begin your workouts or

Be content with your weight which is pretty good (unless your really small)

fitness blender on youtube. the weekly challenges are great if you need to "shock" your body after it reaches a plateau or after a period of slacking.

HIIT, weights, strength training.

for snacking, make oven-roasted peppers or something equally tasty but low-cal.

give yourself two cheat days a week - knowing you will get to indulge might help you cut down on the snacking because you will not feel deprived.

if you eat an extra 240, burn them (takes 20-35 minutes of the afore-mentioned workouts).

start strengthening your rotator cuffs now if you plan to lift at the gym.

don't open the bag of nachos until you've finished 20 burpees.

measure inches, not pounds.

Fitness Blender has amazing bigger booty/braziliant buttlift/ bubblebutt exercises (add legweights if you want it to really "grow").

seriously, i love f.b.

i've added their workouts less than 4 weeks ago, and there's "squares" starting to show on my stomach. i NEVER had abs before, but now that i see potential for those, i'll sure keep trying lol.

Great work losing over 50 pounds!!

I'd say do the shakes for two weeks if you think it'll help break bad habits. But shakes for two months, you're asking for trouble! All that deprivation is like pulling a rubber band waaaaaaaaaay back. It's gonna snap hard. You'll just binge harder when it's over!

Were you following a diet to lose the 55 lbs, or did you just wing it?

And I'm with Rainy about fitness blender. The workouts are really good and really free!!

If you want a bigger booty without the tummy, you've got one of two options: have amazing genes or hit the squat rack. Unfortunately you can't control where your fat distributes and, contrary to the popular myth, you conversely can't control where you lose it, which is where the whole "toning" fallacy comes from. Generally speaking, where it goes first is the last spot you lose it.

It's a very good sign if you've found yourself stable at 155 after losing a whole 60 pounds (awesome job). This means you can make some tweaks to be comfortable while losing those last pounds you'd like to. Eating pizza and nachos is perfectly fine so long as you're getting your micronutritional needs taken care of with other food and-- ideally very sparingly-- supplements. You've simply gotta tweak your consumption and expenditure to where you've got a caloric deficit. Are there any sports you think you could get into recreationally? Personally, I eat burgers, nachos, pizza, and ice cream all the time. I'm a pig. But lifting weights, soccer, and football all allow me to live the pig life while still being healthy.

It's all about protein. I have gone from near 400 to 240 over the past few years by cutting out most sugar, most bad carbs and eating protein most of the day. You have to lift weights and do cardio to keep going and not plateau. Good job and keep it up! I'm going to try and get to 195 by Christmas but would accept 215 because I'm not sure how I would look at that weight.

Thank you tons I appreciate that! Yeah your right I did binge eat after those shakes. Two weeks is more balanced it will get me get on track. Great advice! No meal plan just winged it. I just made sure my potions were small and had a few snacks n tons of water to get me through the day.

You're welcome.

One tip I can give you is to think of these changes as a lifelong commitment, because that's what they must be in order to be effective. Make your diet and exercise choices based on that. What foods would you be willing to give up on MOST days of the year? What exercise routines would be easiest to incorporate? Find diets and exercise programs that fit into your life, and you will be most successful.

Haha right yeah I wish I was born with the genes!! Life would be so much easier haha. Thank you very much!!! As for sports not really but thinking of getting into the classes at my gym for an extra workout. The more exercise you do the more the junk food doesn't affect you. Lol I'll have to workout all day for one cheat meal. It sucks being a woman.

Wow!!!! That's amazing!!! Your doing an awesome job!!! You got this!! I'm baffled and so inspired by you!!!!! Yeah your right I think I may go back to shakes for a little just to get me back on track. I feel like I would eat less. Now that I'm smaller it's like my body wants more and then my stomach hurts so bad after a cheat meal. We can do this together!!!

I've seen Weight Watchers do wonders for my friends. I also think it's about getting in tune with hunger cues and more precisely what you really need to satisfy real hunger, and cutting down on bored/mindless/emotional eating, especially nibbling between meals.

I really like Weight Watchers. My mom made me join when I was 17, even though I wasn't truly overweight!!! That probably sounds horrible, but she's always been a stickler for looks. She even keeps the dog on a diet! So when I started to get a little fleshy at 17, off I went. I didn't rebel, because who doesn't want to look better? And frankly, I was intrigued. I lost a nominal amount of weight, kept it off, and became a lifetime member, which is a great deal because the program becomes free after that (if you stay in range of goal). The good eating habits that I developed there by following the program (it was pre-points!) have stayed with me over the years. I go back to the program any time I feel my weight is starting to climb. It's a great resource for me. And very flexible.

When I was 17 I had an undiagnosed eating disorder and a Mom who was slim, ate normally (never dieted) and luckily saved me from an eating disorder. Back then I tried to join WW, wanting to lose as much as possible. Luckily the company rejected me because I didn't have at least 5 pounds to lose according to their charts. I really respected that. Over the years friends who have done it sometimes have gained back the weight but I see it as far more of a lifelong commitment and paln.

When I was 17 I had an undiagnosed eating disorder and a Mom who was slim, ate normally (never dieted) and luckily saved me from an eating disorder. Back then I tried to join WW, wanting to lose as much as possible. Luckily the company rejected me because I didn't have at least 5 pounds to lose according to their charts. I really respected that. Over the years friends who have done it sometimes have gained back the weight but I see it as far more of a lifelong commitment and paln.

Oh wow, glad you got past that eating disorder!

Yeah, weight watchers is good like that. They make a lot of money to be sure, but they don't prey on people.

Yeah but programs like that can get super expensive. Omg it's so hard! I midnight snack it's the worst

Just fyi, ww offers deals throughout the year. Just this past week, they had a deal where they offered 4 months online for $59, which works out to $15/mo or $0.50/day. Of course, that was the day after I joined, so I ended up paying $59 for 3 months!

Yeah but programs like that can get super expensive. Omg it's so hard! I midnight snack it's the worst

find a meal program, then tweak it to what you like.

I used to order from this company and it was starting to cost a lot

so I pretty much went on their site, looked at what they had for options

and went to the grocery store and made it at home the way I liked it.

also keep around healthy snacks..

during the day depending I have healthy snack options for when I want something sweet or something kind of salty .

also ive started work out a little later then eat shower and then get right in bed.

ive noticed that if I can go to sleep earlier, I am not staying up too late watching tv getting hungry. I was most

hungry at night when I was up on my laptop or up watching a movie.

And they give you meals or what is it

No, you can literally eat anything you want. They have a huge database of food, where everything is assigned a points value. If it's not in their database, you can calculate the value and add it to the database (or not). You are limited to a certain amount of points per day, based on your current weight and some other physical factors. It's really eye-opening when you see the points values, and it helps you to plan your meals. You can do the program completely online, or you can go to meetings. I've done both. Right now, I am doing the online version because the group near me is a little tedious and silly. My last group leader was hilarious, and it was a pleasure to go because I spent the whole half hour laughing. I won't settle for less!

Anyway, if it sounds interesting to you, I would recommend stopping by a local meeting and talking to the group leader. They will usually let you sit through the meeting for free, and go over the program with you afterwards.

Archived