Ex girlfriend is doing that hot and cold crap

Hello all so i now hung out with the ex twice and she wants to meet again tomorrow but shes being hot and cold, little flirty and than she like im happy we can be friends? She asked to see who i was talking to while there was no "us" and claims she wasnt jealous but i wasnt going around askig her to see the guys to see if they were better than me? She was away and while drunk she asked if we are still meeting when she gets back i told her sure, so a few days ago she came to the fire house we talked and she came to the store with me shes doig that crap where she pretends she doesnt like it and still calls me an idiot for losing her. Shes been txting me for 2 days now and if it stops shell be like i have a question, ive been flirting with her a bit but not too much where its annoying, just a little confused on why shes bringing up us, and this and that and than says shes not lookig for a relationship

This is a really tough one, and there's no definitive answer. If she's a normal girl then she's just keeping you around and checking you're still interested, whilst keeping her options open. If you're always there for her then it likely won't end well, as she'll use it to get over you and move on.

However, I say it's tough, because some girls are really insecure. After a break up they may want to get back together but are scared in case you don't feel the same way, and don't want to be rejected. I had this situation recently, where an ex blew hot and cold, and was really flirty one minute, and distant the next. I just played it cool all along and it backfired. If this is the case, then then the next time she's flirty, go with the momentum and make a move. Either she'll go with it or not, and you'll know where you stand.

In the end you have to make a judgment call based on what you know about her. If you think she's playing you along then distance yourself and let her come to you, but if you think she's insecure and needs reassurance then make a move the minute an opportunity presents itself.

One thing I do know is that girls hate it when they give clear signals and a guy doesn't act on it. Either they feel rejected or they think the guy lacks confidence. If in doubt it's better to go for it if she's being flirty, and just laugh it off if she doesn't respond. It's better to be seen as someone who goes for what he wants, and isn't afraid of rejection, than someone overly cautious, who hesitates.

Its really hard to tell she drunk txted me to make sure we were still meeting when she got back, when she got back she asked of she sent anything bad cause i ignored the last thing she said and she woke up wondering why from what she said. We flirted a little bit and when i didnt she was kidding about stopping and when i said ik you like it she said you're annoying🙄 Again joking around. Shes been txting me everyday and trys to keep the convos going. She also asked to see all thr girls i talked to see if any of them were better but claims she is not jealous, but if she didnt care why ask at all? Than i told her a friend which is a girl wanted a kitten from the cat we got while dating. She asked who and i said my good friend (girls name) after stating she had a kitten left after i said that she says i have to check to see if she has any left like what??

Well it seems you both have your insecurities. As a result, both if you are going to be cautious. My guess is that whilst you think she's being hot and cold, she thinks the same about you. In the end one of you has to drop your guard and take the lead, and right now you're hoping it will be her.

I'd also be cautious of too much texting. It can turn from flirty fun to an argument pretty quickly, as things get misunderstood. Just be nice, and reassure her that you're still going to meet with her.

From what you've said it seems you're both nervous and unsure of the others intentions. As a result, one of you has to take the risk and take the lead. Don't pour out all your feelings in words though. Instead, if she's flirty, flirt back, and if she responds then make a move. Without someone doing something to move things forwards you'll just be stuck in this limbo until one of you gets bored and frustrated, and moves on.

That's my opinion anyway.

Archived