Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting a girl tomorrow, but unexpected message from her

Braytc

Meeting a girl tomorrow, but unexpected message from her

Me (23 male) her (23 female)

There's a girl that I've been talking to for a few weeks on social media and started to text her about a week ago. Just to keep things short, she said what she thought about me and I told her what I thought about her and we're both looking to eventually have a serious committed relationship. Let's just say we both are attracted to eachother and she wants to do something this weekend.

We have plans meeting tomorrow and she messaged me this tonight: "I just think I should tell you this before anything happens. There's a guy I've been seeing since February kind of as a friends with benefits type of thing and not sure if it's going anywhere but I do see him regularly. I don't know if this changes your opinion of me but I wanted to be out there open about this."

I said like,... "okay. it really just depends, what were you expecting between us this whole time?"

She said "i know you were looking for something serious and so am I. Obviously if we meet and hit it off, I would cut off anyone else. I'm just sort of afraid of commitment right now because of my past experiences"

Recap: Without me really saying much, she's the one telling me how "Good I look" and giving me her number to text her without me even asking for it. I didn't really initiate much at all, she started it all which really has this whole thing feeling weird.

What the hell is this? I don't even know what to feel, I kind of feel like if I see her I won't even be happy at all after hearing this and kind of pissy inside. To be honest, I'm not even shocked the slightest by these girls anymore. Just not sure If I should even waste my time getting invested in something like this. It just feels weird she'd be doing this with a guy for how many months and seeing him all the time yet wants to basically "Try me out" or something while knowing this the entire time. Idk if that's what you're getting also from this. Thanks!

Nikego
    Your 23, why dont YOU do some initiating with girls! Geeez.

melancholy123
    How could you even be discussing a serious committed relationship with someone you have yet to meet? You lost me there tho I can see why you think she might be wanting to try you out even tho there's this FWB guy too. Maybe you should skip this one and find another girl who isnt setting off as many warning bells.

Scoe141
    Eh, I wouldn't waste my time. It sounds like she wants attention. She doesn't have to tell you this.

What's going to happen if she doesn't hit it off with you? She goes to this other dude? Being casual and going on dates is one thing. But talking about commitment one day and then telling you about some guy she's been keeping warm with is another. I mean, not to mention the fact you two have been only "talking" via social media. Which means you have no idea who this girl is. Social media isn't dating. It's a make believe world where you formulate your ideal woman by making your mind believe what it wants to. Real relationships are formed by interaction. Face to face. Not keyboard to keyboard.

I would move on. Find someone who's less high maintenance. And if you want a successful relationship, get off social media. You'll thank me later.

Braytc
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikego [Register to see the link]
    Your 23, why dont YOU do some initiating with girls! Geeez.
    Um... I'm the one that started the talk between us. So I did. she just gave me her number before i could even ask for it lol.

Braytc
    Quote Originally Posted by melancholy123 [Register to see the link]
    How could you even be discussing a serious committed relationship with someone you have yet to meet? You lost me there tho I can see why you think she might be wanting to try you out even tho there's this FWB guy too. Maybe you should skip this one and find another girl who isnt setting off as many warning bells.
    Maybe I typed it strangely or something. I just ment when we were talking at first we were just kind of asking eachother what we are looking for. And we both just said in general, not personally between us, that we are "SEARCHING" for a serious relationship. Idk if i typed that weird or not before

Braytc
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoe141 [Register to see the link]
    Eh, I wouldn't waste my time. It sounds like she wants attention. She doesn't have to tell you this.

What's going to happen if she doesn't hit it off with you? She goes to this other dude? Being casual and going on dates is one thing. But talking about commitment one day and then telling you about some guy she's been keeping warm with is another. I mean, not to mention the fact you two have been only "talking" via social media. Which means you have no idea who this girl is. Social media isn't dating. It's a make believe world where you formulate your ideal woman by making your mind believe what it wants to. Real relationships are formed by interaction. Face to face. Not keyboard to keyboard.

I would move on. Find someone who's less high maintenance. And if you want a successful relationship, get off social media. You'll thank me later.

Which what you're saying is my first thought process. At the same time it's hard to think that a girl i have never met, is willing to tell me those things, and still willing to see me. Like there has to be a reason, as if she is truthful and ready to actually start something real and new. If she wasnt serious about me or have any interest I would think she would either 1. not talk to me (simple) or 2. not even tell me that because that's easy to do too

Why would she be so persistent on meeting me? It just doesnt make sense unless truly interested

HeartGoesOn
    I'll just say that if you're looking for relationship material, you're not likely to find it with her.

JMO...

Braytc
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn [Register to see the link]
    I'll just say that if you're looking for relationship material, you're not likely to find it with her.

JMO...
    Which that's why im here. to get people's points of views and appreciate it! I'm in no way emotionally invested in this, just want to see what she's about instead of typing or talking to her all day through a phone. I want to see it.

I see no harm being done in me treating it like any normal date. I'm definitely not thrilled about this at all and probably know the outcome already, but stranger things have happened.

Braytc
    So does this sound normal at all generally speaking. Like has anyone seen anything like this or think this is an okay thing for her to do? It's hard to say, like im talking to her right now as we speak and it feels like she's completely just okay about all of this as if nothing is wrong

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
Should I forgive him
So basically Ive been with my boyfriend for almost a year. Im going to give a bit of background, when we started dating I was considered as the "Too
Only too eager guys
Why it seems that the only guys who are interested are the too eager guys? And they usually are the ones that I don't like physically or emotionally
I'm always the one messaging first lately.... not her.
I've been dating this woman for the past few weeks. We've gone on about 4 dates so far. Date #5 occurring this Saturday. Anyway, lately, it
InsecureBoyfriend
Hello!, Short Story: My girlfirend (26) is friends with 2 ex-lovers and it makes me sick/insecure. I (twentyeight) told her this and want her to
Why would people ghost rather than saying something
Speaking to a girl for a month or so, been on a couple dates went well and we spoke a lot. After the last date we were still speaking for a few days
He didn't even bother to cancel our date leaving me feeling disrespected
We made plans to go out on Friday evening. No place/specific time but we did discuss possible things to do and I knew it would be in the evening

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Iím finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice