Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am i doing this right

bsme

Am i doing this right

SO PRIOR TO MY CHILD'S FATHER AND I FALLING OUT. I HAD PURCHASED HIM SOME FATHER'S DAY GIFTS. HE HAD ALSO ASKED ME TO PURCHASE HIM A CURL BAR AND HE WOULD GIVE ME THE MONEY. I PURCHASED IT, BUT IT WAS NOT THE ONE HE WANTED. I TOLD HIM TO FIGURE OUT THE ONE HE WANTED BEFORE I SENT IT BACK. AFTER THAT IS WHEN HE CLEARLY SHOWED HIS ANGER FOR ME TALKING WITH OTHER DUDES AND SAID TO KEEP IT ABOUT OUR DAUGHTER. SO TODAY HE ASKED ME DID I SENT THE CURL BAR BACK AND WAS I GOING TO ORDER ANOTHER ONE. SO I SAID NO TO BOTH. i told him he can have the one i had already purchased but i wasn't sending it back or purchasing another. I already gave him his father's day gifts etc, but I'm done making moves for him at his convenience whenever he feels. I just want to make sure I went about this the right way since he called me "foul" for going back on my word.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Why doesn't he order it himself?

3. Thanks bsme thanked for this post
    bsme
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyj [Register to see the link]
    why doesn't he order it himself?
    i have no idea. He has a card, he claims he was gonna give me the money once i ordered it, now he's making a big deal of it saying i'm switching up

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    You don't need this crap.

Let him be responsible for all of his own purchases.

6. Thanks bsme thanked for this post
    rosephase
    ugh. Just drop it. Take it as money spent to get this dude out of your life. You don't have to do anything for him any more. That is the nice thing about exs.

8. Thanks bsme thanked for this post
    bsme
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyj [Register to see the link]
    You don't need this crap.

Let him be responsible for all of his own purchases.
    I guess it just makes me feel some type of way that I have to do this because i'm not used to telling him no.

bsme
    That's what i did. I haven't been lurking for things on social media or any of that. We were together 7 years. I have not been with anyone since then and it's just tough to tell him no when I'd always tell him yes

rosephase
    Quote Originally Posted by bsme [Register to see the link]
    I guess it just makes me feel some type of way that I have to do this because i'm not used to telling him no.
    He probably knows that and is pushing you to still do things for him. Now is the time to start get used to telling this guy no. Your probably going to have to do it a lot in the future if he stays in your child's life.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsme [Register to see the link]
    Good time to start.

He is taking advantage of this fact.

bsme
    Quote Originally Posted by rosephase [Register to see the link]
    He probably knows that and is pushing you to still do things for him. Now is the time to start get used to telling this guy no. Your probably going to have to do it a lot in the future if he stays in your child's life.
    I am imagine so. I felt good telling him no this time. just trying to get back to who I really am and regain my strength

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
To those out there hurting - remember who YOU are
Hello guys, I just had a moment of epiphany that I wanted to share with you, with the hope that it will help you go through whatever you're dealing
Closure..
Has anyone met up for closure? Did it help to say goodbye in person? What did you discuss? In my case there is a kid (4) involved that I'd like to
Dumped out of the blue by my fiance of 8 years. Struggling to understand why.
This is my first time posting in a forum online. I am looking for some perspective and understanding about what the hell has happened to me. My
Should I contact my ex for him to get his stuff back? NC 10 days
Hello guys, You've probably seen my thread about my ex not texting me back after break up, etc. I broke up and don't wanna get back although I'm
Dealing with anger after assault.. how to handle mutual friends?
I ended things with a man I had been dating for about 6-8 months, and you can read about it on my last thread I posted if you are interested. So
Writing a book after your break-up
I wrote a thread in "get your ex back" section about my story. Is one of the most recent posts, if you are interested. Btw, I am a "writer" and I
Ex boyfriend texted me after a year
My ex broke up with me nearly a year ago - he had to chase a dream of becoming a professional athlete and felt that the relationship was putting too

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I love you, but I'm not in love with you.
So my fiancÚ of 7.5 years has decided she isn't in love with me anymore so has broken up with me. Our situation is very complicated we have a 2.5
How far should I go with unfriending/blocking on social media?
Hi all, I'm going hard no contact. She originally unfriended me on Snap and Twitter. I recently unfriended her on FB and IG. I also went a step
missing atm
I think what I miss at the moment is having a friend to talk to like we used to. She became the only person I really talked to for the better part
Mum boyfriend inapropriate
Hi everyone, thought i would share an update on whats happened so far. Thankyou all for helping me out yesterday, everything you all said was really
Girlfriend always mad at me
Me and my girlfriend have been togetehr for almost a year. I love her more than anything and i know shes not cheating on me or anything like that
I [F/26] found underwear in my boyfriend's [M/30] pocket.
I've been with my boyfriend for over a year. Recently, my boyfriend asked me to look for some money, so I looked everywhere and I couldn't find it. I
Ex gf text me out of the blue
I guess I just want some feedback and honest replies as my head is completely gone again. Me and my ex gf have been in no contact for a few months
Ask For Advice