Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 14 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 139

Thread: New to dating. is it possible he likes me/

  1. #1
    Imjustagirl222
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    86
    Thanked
    9

    New to dating. is it possible he likes me/

    Okay met a guy, i invited him over we had drinks [by my choice] went to the beach, had a sand fight, cuddled etc. He tried to sleep with me but i wasn't having it that day, so nope. We did kiss though. I didn't have any problem with it bc im not looking for a boyfriend per say. Fine with casual. Dont normally move this fast with a guy but I honestly wasnt minding it.

    He invited me to breakfast yesterday even tho he worked until 6:30am, met up with me at 730! We went, he paid it was fun. We get along great, we can both joke and just be chill with each other. We like to pick on each other and make each other laugh. He also bought me dinner, and we ended up hooking up at his apartment. We spent all day hanging

    I accidentally cried after [im going thru a LOT right now] it was so so so embarrassing. He held my hand though and hugged me, and cuddled me etc making sure to comfort me. He asked me if i was OK. i definitely made him feel awkward..but He was NOT mean to me about it at all. The sex kinda sucked, lol But I love hanging out with him for his personality. And I honestly enjoy his company.

    I text him later on because he told me to txt him when I made it safely. I was like "Oh yeah" And he was like "seriously, do!". He told me we should def hangout again in the future etc.

    And we both admitted we had a lot of fun together, he said I'm a cool *** girl whether we had sex or not. So he was never a douche to me at all. He works in customer service so hes super polite to other people as well. He seems to pay attention to me bc he'll say like i notice things about you, like you seem OCD.

    he's not much of a texter, and he works a **** ton of hours [restaurant hours], so we dont text often at all, but together in person have g8 chemistry. I would like to continue to see him, but I am def not pushing.

    i text him after all this today n he still replies. Im not really worried about us dating or being in a relationship ..but i also dont wanna be used u know. But he seems to actually really engage into convo with me and he listens.

  2. #2
    Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    43,595
    Thanked
    3278
    How is he using you? You've agreed to meet up with him and have sex with him, no strings attached. If you're not concerned about whether he wants to date you or potentially be in a relationship with you why not just keep meeting up when he has time to see you and you feel like it and if you feel like having sex, have sex (although it sounds like you're not into the sex).

  3. Thanks Imjustagirl222 thanked for this post
  4. #3
    Imjustagirl222
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    86
    Thanked
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    How is he using you? You've agreed to meet up with him and have sex with him, no strings attached. If you're not concerned about whether he wants to date you or potentially be in a relationship with you why not just keep meeting up when he has time to see you and you feel like it and if you feel like having sex, have sex (although it sounds like you're not into the sex).
    i worded that wrong. lol i meant is it possible he likes me at all? i do kinda like him but dont care if he takes it further into dating etc. he just seems to be a pretty caring person VS an to me. didnt know if that was normal for FWB or hook ups

  5. #4
    Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    43,595
    Thanked
    3278
    Quote Originally Posted by Imjustagirl222 [Register to see the link]
    i worded that wrong. lol i meant is it possible he likes me at all? i do kinda like him but dont care if he takes it further into dating etc. he just seems to be a pretty caring person VS an to me. didnt know if that was normal for FWB or hook ups
    It sounds like he likes spending time with you and being sexual with you. The only thing that's typical about hook ups or sexual arrangements is that the two people get together when they feel like seeing each other and usually when they feel like having sex. Obviously you can also enjoy chatting, hanging out, etc. Doesn't sound like "FWB" because you just met him recently and invited him over to your place for drinks -doesn't sound like you had a good friendship first.

  6. #5
    Jibralta
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,068
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    1441
    Are you concerned if you are being used? When I clicked on the thread, that's what the title said. I'm guessing you changed it.

    Unfortunately, it's hard to tell if you are being used, or if he likes you this early on. That's something that usually takes a couple of months or more to know. The beginning is always hormones.

  7. #6
    Imjustagirl222
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    86
    Thanked
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    It sounds like he likes spending time with you and being sexual with you. The only thing that's typical about hook ups or sexual arrangements is that the two people get together when they feel like seeing each other and usually when they feel like having sex. Obviously you can also enjoy chatting, hanging out, etc. Doesn't sound like "FWB" because you just met him recently and invited him over to your place for drinks -doesn't sound like you had a good friendship first.
    True. Thats what he said to me hes like i like hanging out with u whether we have sex or not, i am not using you. You are a really cool ass girl. I guess i get nervous and over think a little bit.

  8. #7
    Imjustagirl222
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    86
    Thanked
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibralta [Register to see the link]
    Are you concerned if you are being used? When I clicked on the thread, that's what the title said. I'm guessing you changed it.

    Unfortunately, it's hard to tell if you are being used, or if he likes you this early on. That's something that usually takes a couple of months or more to know. The beginning is always hormones.
    True, good point. Thanks. I was in a relationship for ten years, so i am soo out of the loop here. I guess i just felt like we clicked. All he has said that is he very indepdent, and doesnt have a lot of time to text bc of work! I just try to back off and let him text me and initiate hanging out etc

  9. #8
    Jibralta
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,068
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    1441
    I know. It's hard not to get caught up in the excitement of things. But try your best to slow your roll. Especially in a situation like this, where you don't really know him. People are all kinds of surprising.

  10. #9
    Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    43,595
    Thanked
    3278
    Quote Originally Posted by Imjustagirl222 [Register to see the link]
    True. Thats what he said to me hes like i like hanging out with u whether we have sex or not, i am not using you. You are a really cool ass girl. I guess i get nervous and over think a little bit.
    I'm still confused as to why he would be using you if you just met up to have sex because you both wanted to have sex. He seems to like hanging out with you and you've chosen to have casual sex with him. I would not buy the "too busy" part - I only dated very busy men while I was extremely busy too. People who are interested in getting to know you will make the time or tell you that they do not have the time to get to know you right now. He has time to meet up and have sex with you so if he's not too busy for that, he's not too busy to date you should he decide he is interested in dating you. Just make sure to be honest with yourself about what you want and if you want to properly date with potential for a relationship, hanging out and hooking up/drinking doesn't usually lead to that.

  11. #10
    Imjustagirl222
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    86
    Thanked
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    I'm still confused as to why he would be using you if you just met up to have sex because you both wanted to have sex. He seems to like hanging out with you and you've chosen to have casual sex with him. I would not buy the "too busy" part - I only dated very busy men while I was extremely busy too. People who are interested in getting to know you will make the time or tell you that they do not have the time to get to know you right now. He has time to meet up and have sex with you so if he's not too busy for that, he's not too busy to date you should he decide he is interested in dating you. Just make sure to be honest with yourself about what you want and if you want to properly date with potential for a relationship, hanging out and hooking up/drinking doesn't usually lead to that.
    Thanks, I guess you are right. I dont normally have causal sex like that. He literally does work a lot of overnights and told me beforehand that he often works so much its hard for him to meet people. He even opened up to me about things in his past, too.

    Should I just back off and see what happens? i guess for my case i do enjoy the attention. hes pretty affectionate. i know its early on but i cant lie that i dont like it. Lol

  12.  

Page 1 of 14 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Girlfriend got a tattoo I don't like, how to deal?
I've been dating this girl for over a year. About 2 months ago, she mentioned wanting a tattoo and showed me the design she wanted. Tattoos are an
Women are not kissing me - WHY??
Went on a date tonight, hand holding, arm around her back. She told me that we clicked. Anyway, went in for the kiss on the lips, she just told me
"Falling in Love" according to an evolutionary psychologist:
So, I've been listening to a podcast called "Beat Your Genes" by Dr. Doug Lisle, a clinical psychologist who approaches psychology from a
Question About Multi-Dating And Sex
This is to the ladies who multi-date, but men feel free to chime in too. Last summer, I multi-dated a little bit (no sex), but I never really
His ex is still in the picture..
So, I've been dating this guy for a few months now (known him for over a year.) Yesterday he posted a photo on his social media of him with animals
losing virginity to someone who cares but unsure about committing
The situation: Girl is a twenty something year old virgin, she was dating this guy with commitment and intimacy issues for half a year last year and
My Boyfriend Likes Doing Shrooms and I Don't Approve
I've been dating my boyfriend for 7 months. I really like him and things are really good between us and I have lots of fun with him. He told me at

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Boyfriend checking out of relationship?!
My boyfriend of over a year said that he feels like he's starting to check out of the relationship because my jealousy issues have been frustrating
Can't let go of my husband's past and thinking of breaking up. Am I crazy?
Hello, I married my husband 1.5 years ago. I have two sons from my previous marriage. Both sons have good relationship with my new husband. I was
Girlfriend got a tattoo I don't like, how to deal?
I've been dating this girl for over a year. About 2 months ago, she mentioned wanting a tattoo and showed me the design she wanted. Tattoos are an
Good thoughts /prayers for my mom she is surgery right now.
My mom is currently in surgery for total knee replacement.
Accidentally found out info about ex I wish I hadn't
I'll try to keep this brief. Ran into the ex on a kik group chat. She doesn't (at least I'm assuming) doesn't know I was in the same group with
My exgf of two relationships ago is about to get married...
and it hurts! The back story: we dated for the years and for what felt like the entire time, all she did was nag me about everything (one of them
I think I've made a huge mistake...
Hey everyone, This is my first post on this website but I need advice. My husband and I have been married a year and a half. In the beginning
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •