15 year age gap

Mindy2811

I met this guy about 2 months ago and I fell head over heels for him we are extremely compatible ,we like the same things. Sexually he is perfect. He is easy to talk to. Very intelligent knows what he wants in life. Makes me feel absolutely beautiful even if I doubt that I am at times. Wealthy ( not that it matters ) amazing father to his daughter. He would in a heart beat give me anything and everything I ever wanted. He would take care of me and as a single mother of 2 children I would love someone talking care of me and spoiling me for a change.

But the only thing that scares me away is the age gap he is 45 and I am 30. I know age should not matter but I'm scared to death my family which I am close with won't approve.

Should I be so worried about it??

At 30 with two kids, you are more than capable of making decisions about who you build relationships with. The 15 yr age gap might be inappropriate if you were 20 and still living at home and financially dependant on others. Personally I would simply refrain from introducing him to kids or family, or really mentioning him at all, until you are quite sure of where you stand with the relationship (be it 6 or 12 months down the line). You may find there are other unforeseen issues that an age gap brings, but the potentially scathing opinions of one or two family members ought not to be a consideration for ending things this early on. JMO

reading back, there seems to be constant tension with this guy.

do you even want to announce the relationship at this point, given that it is so conflict-ridden? (unless of course if it would be practical for them to know you are having issues should you need their support if it escalates).

OP, in may, a man with two kids was your boyfriend of three months.

and he wasn't exactly treating you well.

today, a man with two kids is someone you met two months ago, and is treating you well. two weeks ago he was guilt tripping you.

i am confused as to whether we are talking about the same man, but in any event, i would wait before i introduced him as the perfect new partner.

if it's the same man, that's not what he is, and i'm sure your family and friends love you enough to wish for you to be without a man who treats you bad, more than they wish for you to force a fake display of "found someone who is good to me", but who leaves you feeling miserable.

if it's a different man, it's too early to call him the perfect partner anyway, or make a splendid introduction. a man of two months, you maybe bring up in passing, if at all.

you place a lot of emphasis on having a guy who "spoils you" and "would do anything for you", but i think with two kids, you need to be triple careful before you entrust yourself in the care of others, especially when they do not have a lengthy, confidence inspiring track record.

He would take care of me and as a single mother of 2 children I would love someone talking care of me and spoiling me for a change.

Claiming that you are "extremely compatible" at 2 months is jumping the gun to say the least. You DON'T really know this guy yet. At 30 you sound immature and looking for a parent-child relationship. Save for certain exceptions age DOES matter. It can be an indication of unequal levels of emotional maturity and based on what you wrote, it sounds like you fall within the rule not the exceptions.

Archived