Sole water for anxiety? Anybody tried it?

Hello!

Watched some videos online about sole water (pink Himalayan salt saturated water) to improve kidney and adrenal function and reduce anxiety.

Has anybody tried this? What effects did it have? I'm currently taking a supplement that has many of the same minerals as the salt (which I already use on my food when possible due to the health benefits) and I would like to replace the supplement with the sole water or even just use mineral salt on my food more regularly.

If it heals my old lady kidneys and reduces my panic attacks I will be very happy. The supplement I take does have a marked effect on my energy levels and mood.

Personally, before taking any sort of supplement, I would do my own research as to whether there's any reason to believe that these "minerals" will actually improve kidney function and how. (And try to get as much information as possible as to what is wrong with your kidneys, since, if I recall correctly, you are in your 30s and your kidneys would normally be humming along just fine). Many supplements on the market have absolutely no proven value, and people essentially throw money down the drain on compounds that have not been shown to be effective in any way. The link between drinking salty water and improving kidney function/reducing anxiety is not immediately obvious, so I would look to the scientific literature - and a physician you trust - before buying.

Hi, I urinate very frequently and even though I drink a lot I still often have darker urine than I would expect for how much I've drunk. It basically goes straight through me. I also have been experiencing strange shooting pains in my urethra when I really need the loo.

The idea is that the saturation of minerals in the water will help your body more readily absorb it, therefore reducing strain on your kidneys.

The theory behind the aid to anxiety is that when your body has the minerals it needs it can more easily repair cells and tissue and create new neural pathways to repair damaged ones (serotonin and dopamine uptake).

I've had all sorts of tests done at my doctors, nothing out of the ordinary has shown up.

I will certainly do my research. I know that the supplement I use is beneficial to both my mood and energy levels as multiple times I have stopped and restarted taking it there has been a relative change in me.

I can try it and document my results of the sole water.

Hello!

Watched some videos online about sole water (pink Himalayan salt saturated water) to improve kidney and adrenal function and reduce anxiety.

Has anybody tried this? What effects did it have? I'm currently taking a supplement that has many of the same minerals as the salt (which I already use on my food when possible due to the health benefits) and I would like to replace the supplement with the sole water or even just use mineral salt on my food more regularly.

If it heals my old lady kidneys and reduces my panic attacks I will be very happy. The supplement I take does have a marked effect on my energy levels and mood.

Since you have kidney problems, I would think all that salt (sodium) in the water would be harmful to your kidneys, not helpful.

With kidney failure or other issues, it is always recommended to reduce salt/sodium intake.

But maybe the other minerals in the water balances it out, will have to research it.

Where do you live? If it's in the US screw what the doctors say. I had one nearly kill me by mis-diagnosing me, prescribing wrong med which nearly killed me. No joke, it was a nightmare.

I will research this Himalayan water today when I get to office, and get back with my findings.

I don't have kidney problems, but I'm curious about it myself!

For anxiety, I do yoga and Pilates, run and try to eat healthy.

This helps A LOT more than any "med" did, that's for sure. For me anyway.

Thornz, it may simply be that other medication you are taking has certain side effects.

Whatever you do stay away from quack remedies. The alternative "medicine" is a billion pound industry, and I notice in town and cities where other businesses may not be doing so well those "alternative" shops are thronged.....

Hi, I urinate very frequently and even though I drink a lot I still often have darker urine than I would expect for how much I've drunk. It basically goes straight through me. I also have been experiencing strange shooting pains in my urethra when I really need the loo.

The idea is that the saturation of minerals in the water will help your body more readily absorb it, therefore reducing strain on your kidneys.

The theory behind the aid to anxiety is that when your body has the minerals it needs it can more easily repair cells and tissue and create new neural pathways to repair damaged ones (serotonin and dopamine uptake).

I've had all sorts of tests done at my doctors, nothing out of the ordinary has shown up.

I will certainly do my research. I know that the supplement I use is beneficial to both my mood and energy levels as multiple times I have stopped and restarted taking it there has been a relative change in me.

In that case you'd do well to drink cranberry juice - plain, pure, no sugar, no additives.

I'd also caution you against an overload of salts and minerals. This theory doesn't even make sense that if you overload, it will somehow magically work. Quite the opposite, kidneys filter what you don't need, so overloading will actually make your kidneys work that much more. That said, if taking supplements is making you feel better, it may well be because your actual diet is lacking the nutrition that you need. The only thing with any supplements is that if you do use them, be sure it's with moderation and definitely err on the side of less rather than more. Many many supplements are overloaded with way more than what you need, so your kidneys are going to be worked to death trying to filter and balance. There is literally a limit to how much your body needs per day. Everything extra is discarded through your kidneys and it is taxing on them.

I will take the sole water theory with a pinch of salt haahaaaa. Sorry that was terrible but I couldn't help myself.
exactly, with a pinch of salt. the concerning fact behind articles recommending sole as a magical cure is the quantity. i have read these articles and they suggest drinking sometimes several liters of over-saturated water a day. whatever kind of salt you are taking, no way are you benefiting yourself (kidneys especially) with that amount.

that said, i used to take about a sip before bedtime and it did help my sinuses and my allergies some. i loved it in my food, i find it improves the taste tremendously. people who use salt baking blots report the same.

there's a good use for it, but the whole magical cure idea i'd not even entertain, in general.

about the urine (sorry), how dark are we talking? as long as it's still a yellow you're probably fine. darker than that, i'd at least get an abdominal ultrasound, despite the normal labwork. report changes in weight, digestion, and any shooting pains if they appear to your doc also. (eta: unless you're taking or eating something that has the benign effect of darkening urine)

First of all, I've never been one to rain on someone's parade just for kicks. I'm all for people doing things even if for no other reason than they just like to or it makes them feel better.

That said, if you're really concerned you've got some renal issues going on, I'm really not sure what very trace amounts of minerals are going to do, especially in lieu of what your body's natural functioning. That's a whole lot of Himalayan salt for those trace minerals to add up to a nutritionally significant amount. If it's the iron you're after, you'd honestly be better off jamming a nail into an apple for a few days and pulling it out if you're looking for something nichey. Additionally, I don't know if it's worth sacrificing the iodine from fortified table salt.

Again, if it makes you feel good, don't let me talk you out of it. I'm just not sold on the science.

How much water are you drinking? And how many servings of vegetables are you getting each day? Dark urine is usually a sign you aren't drinking enough water, or confusing enough veggies and fruits. The shooting pains, are you trying to hold off on peeing?

Thornz.

One of the healthiest things you can drink is lemon juice (I mean freshly squeezed juice of lemons). And it isn't a fad either.

"Lemons are loaded with healthy benefits, and particularly, they’re a great vitamin C food source. One cup of fresh lemon juice provides 187 percent of your daily recommended serving of vitamin C — take that, oranges! Lemon juice also offers up a healthy serving of potassium, magnesium and copper."

"Because lemon juice’s atomic structure is similar to the digestive juices found in the stomach, it tricks the liver into producing bile, which helps keep food moving through your body and gastrointestinal tract smoothly. Lemon water also helps relieve indigestion or ease an upset stomach.

The acids found in lemon juice also encourage your body to process the good stuff in foods more slowly. This drawn-out absorption means insulin levels remain steady and you get more nutrients out of the foods you consume. "

I always use lemon juice rather than vinegar in salad dressings, when making mayonnaise and indeed lemon helps to flavour most foods.

I always use lemon juice rather than vinegar in salad dressings, when making mayonnaise and indeed lemon helps to flavour most foods.
Sub it for lime and you've captured my lifestyle. Lime goes on everything. No exceptions.

Just to clarify the video I watched recommended you share a shot glass of this sole water between 4 500ml bottles of water and additionally add a whole lemon's juice and cayenne pepper. It certainly didn't recommend you drink very salty water.

I've always believed that rock salt is very good for you and that the "health concerns" around salt should apply to table salt only since it is a processed chemical. I avoid table salt at all costs.

I'm peeing nearly every half hour when my anxiety is at it's peak. I managed to go almost 4 hours yesterday but I hardly drunk anything in that time. When my anxiety isn't too bad I don't need the loo so often.

Just to clarify the video I watched recommended you share a shot glass of this sole water between 4 500ml bottles of water and additionally add a whole lemon's juice and cayenne pepper. It certainly didn't recommend you drink very salty water.

I've always believed that rock salt is very good for you and that the "health concerns" around salt should apply to table salt only since it is a processed chemical. I avoid table salt at all costs.

I'm peeing nearly every half hour when my anxiety is at it's peak. I managed to go almost 4 hours yesterday but I hardly drunk anything in that time. When my anxiety isn't too bad I don't need the loo so often.

Are you trying to cure anxiety or trying to stop the constant need to pee?

The need to urinate is a side effect of the anxiety so you would need to treat the anxiety. I don't think that salt is recommended for anxiety.

It could possibly cause you to retain water?. . therefore pee less?. .I dunno.

"A part of the stress response changes include causing the body to eliminate waste as quickly as possible (so that you don’t have to stop and do that when either fighting or fleeing). Many people feel the urge to go to the washroom when they are anxious or stressed. It is a common anxiety and stress reaction.

Behaving apprehensively can also cause the body to become overly stressed. An overly stressed body can produce sensations and symptoms similar to an active stress response, but these sensations and symptoms can be more sustained and seem to occur out of the blue and for no apparent reason. So even though you may not feel overly stressed or anxious in that moment, your body may be overly stressed and therefore presenting sensations and symptoms of stress-response hyperstimulation (when the body becomes overly stressed)."

Just to muddy the waters some ;} I have a kidney condition and cranberry juice is highly acidic.

Carry on. . ..

That is correct and the acidity may affect your stomach if drank in excess. Again, all in moderation. Otherwise that acidity along with a combination of nutrients and minerals is what helps to establish proper ph levels. Kidneys actually acidify urine and that's important. Malfunctioning kidneys might not be able to maintain proper ph so you'll have problems. However, there are always caveats and individual circumstances. Acidity can be either too high or too low. If too low, acidic foods will help - lemon, lime, cranberries, vit. c supplements, etc. If acidity is too high, then it will make matters worse. Again, not advocating for anyone to down gallons of anything or even make it their daily drink because again, moderation, moderation, moderation. Too much of anything and it will go from being good to causing damage.

Archived