Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Sole water for anxiety? Anybody tried it?

  1. #1
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,475

    Sole water for anxiety? Anybody tried it?

    Hello!

    Watched some videos online about sole water (pink Himalayan salt saturated water) to improve kidney and adrenal function and reduce anxiety.

    Has anybody tried this? What effects did it have? I'm currently taking a supplement that has many of the same minerals as the salt (which I already use on my food when possible due to the health benefits) and I would like to replace the supplement with the sole water or even just use mineral salt on my food more regularly.

    If it heals my old lady kidneys and reduces my panic attacks I will be very happy. The supplement I take does have a marked effect on my energy levels and mood.

  2. #2
    Platinum Member sophie274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,039
    Personally, before taking any sort of supplement, I would do my own research as to whether there's any reason to believe that these "minerals" will actually improve kidney function and how. (And try to get as much information as possible as to what is wrong with your kidneys, since, if I recall correctly, you are in your 30s and your kidneys would normally be humming along just fine). Many supplements on the market have absolutely no proven value, and people essentially throw money down the drain on compounds that have not been shown to be effective in any way. The link between drinking salty water and improving kidney function/reducing anxiety is not immediately obvious, so I would look to the scientific literature - and a physician you trust - before buying.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member j.man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,492
    What's wrong with your kidneys? Have you seen a doctor about it?

  4. #4
    Platinum Member LaHermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,723
    Gender
    Female
    Thornz.

    Only a medical doctor can advise you in this matter. S/he will refer you to a nephrologist if you have a kidney problem.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,475
    Hi, I urinate very frequently and even though I drink a lot I still often have darker urine than I would expect for how much I've drunk. It basically goes straight through me. I also have been experiencing strange shooting pains in my urethra when I really need the loo.

    The idea is that the saturation of minerals in the water will help your body more readily absorb it, therefore reducing strain on your kidneys.

    The theory behind the aid to anxiety is that when your body has the minerals it needs it can more easily repair cells and tissue and create new neural pathways to repair damaged ones (serotonin and dopamine uptake).

    I've had all sorts of tests done at my doctors, nothing out of the ordinary has shown up.

    I will certainly do my research. I know that the supplement I use is beneficial to both my mood and energy levels as multiple times I have stopped and restarted taking it there has been a relative change in me.

    I can try it and document my results of the sole water.

  7. #6
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,475
    I will take the sole water theory with a pinch of salt haahaaaa. Sorry that was terrible but I couldn't help myself.

  8. #7
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    9,600
    Originally Posted by thornz
    Hello!

    Watched some videos online about sole water (pink Himalayan salt saturated water) to improve kidney and adrenal function and reduce anxiety.

    Has anybody tried this? What effects did it have? I'm currently taking a supplement that has many of the same minerals as the salt (which I already use on my food when possible due to the health benefits) and I would like to replace the supplement with the sole water or even just use mineral salt on my food more regularly.

    If it heals my old lady kidneys and reduces my panic attacks I will be very happy. The supplement I take does have a marked effect on my energy levels and mood.
    Since you have kidney problems, I would think all that salt (sodium) in the water would be harmful to your kidneys, not helpful.

    With kidney failure or other issues, it is always recommended to reduce salt/sodium intake.

    But maybe the other minerals in the water balances it out, will have to research it.

    Where do you live? If it's in the US screw what the doctors say. I had one nearly kill me by mis-diagnosing me, prescribing wrong med which nearly killed me. No joke, it was a nightmare.

    I will research this Himalayan water today when I get to office, and get back with my findings.

    I don't have kidney problems, but I'm curious about it myself!

    For anxiety, I do yoga and Pilates, run and try to eat healthy.

    This helps A LOT more than any "med" did, that's for sure. For me anyway.

  9. #8
    Platinum Member LaHermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,723
    Gender
    Female
    Thornz, it may simply be that other medication you are taking has certain side effects.

    Whatever you do stay away from quack remedies. The alternative "medicine" is a billion pound industry, and I notice in town and cities where other businesses may not be doing so well those "alternative" shops are thronged.....

  10. #9
    Platinum Member DancingFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wilds of Texas
    Posts
    10,052
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by thornz
    Hi, I urinate very frequently and even though I drink a lot I still often have darker urine than I would expect for how much I've drunk. It basically goes straight through me. I also have been experiencing strange shooting pains in my urethra when I really need the loo.

    The idea is that the saturation of minerals in the water will help your body more readily absorb it, therefore reducing strain on your kidneys.

    The theory behind the aid to anxiety is that when your body has the minerals it needs it can more easily repair cells and tissue and create new neural pathways to repair damaged ones (serotonin and dopamine uptake).

    I've had all sorts of tests done at my doctors, nothing out of the ordinary has shown up.

    I will certainly do my research. I know that the supplement I use is beneficial to both my mood and energy levels as multiple times I have stopped and restarted taking it there has been a relative change in me.

    I can try it and document my results of the sole water.
    In that case you'd do well to drink cranberry juice - plain, pure, no sugar, no additives.

    I'd also caution you against an overload of salts and minerals. This theory doesn't even make sense that if you overload, it will somehow magically work. Quite the opposite, kidneys filter what you don't need, so overloading will actually make your kidneys work that much more. That said, if taking supplements is making you feel better, it may well be because your actual diet is lacking the nutrition that you need. The only thing with any supplements is that if you do use them, be sure it's with moderation and definitely err on the side of less rather than more. Many many supplements are overloaded with way more than what you need, so your kidneys are going to be worked to death trying to filter and balance. There is literally a limit to how much your body needs per day. Everything extra is discarded through your kidneys and it is taxing on them.

  11. #10
    Platinum Member RainyCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,555
    Originally Posted by thornz
    I will take the sole water theory with a pinch of salt haahaaaa. Sorry that was terrible but I couldn't help myself.
    exactly, with a pinch of salt. the concerning fact behind articles recommending sole as a magical cure is the quantity. i have read these articles and they suggest drinking sometimes several liters of over-saturated water a day. whatever kind of salt you are taking, no way are you benefiting yourself (kidneys especially) with that amount.

    that said, i used to take about a sip before bedtime and it did help my sinuses and my allergies some. i loved it in my food, i find it improves the taste tremendously. people who use salt baking blots report the same.

    there's a good use for it, but the whole magical cure idea i'd not even entertain, in general.

    about the urine (sorry), how dark are we talking? as long as it's still a yellow you're probably fine. darker than that, i'd at least get an abdominal ultrasound, despite the normal labwork. report changes in weight, digestion, and any shooting pains if they appear to your doc also. (eta: unless you're taking or eating something that has the benign effect of darkening urine)
    Last edited by RainyCoast; 06-08-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •