Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sole water for anxiety? Anybody tried it?

oh and i found it a good bathsoak!

First of all, I've never been one to rain on someone's parade just for kicks. I'm all for people doing things even if for no other reason than they just like to or it makes them feel better.

That said, if you're really concerned you've got some renal issues going on, I'm really not sure what very trace amounts of minerals are going to do, especially in lieu of what your body's natural functioning. That's a whole lot of Himalayan salt for those trace minerals to add up to a nutritionally significant amount. If it's the iron you're after, you'd honestly be better off jamming a nail into an apple for a few days and pulling it out if you're looking for something nichey. Additionally, I don't know if it's worth sacrificing the iodine from fortified table salt.

Again, if it makes you feel good, don't let me talk you out of it. I'm just not sold on the science.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by thornz
    Hi, I urinate very frequently and even though I drink a lot I still often have darker urine than I would expect for how much I've drunk. It basically goes straight through me. I also have been experiencing strange shooting pains in my urethra when I really need the loo.

The idea is that the saturation of minerals in the water will help your body more readily absorb it, therefore reducing strain on your kidneys.

The theory behind the aid to anxiety is that when your body has the minerals it needs it can more easily repair cells and tissue and create new neural pathways to repair damaged ones (serotonin and dopamine uptake).

I've had all sorts of tests done at my doctors, nothing out of the ordinary has shown up.

I will certainly do my research. I know that the supplement I use is beneficial to both my mood and energy levels as multiple times I have stopped and restarted taking it there has been a relative change in me.

I can try it and document my results of the sole water.
    How much water are you drinking? And how many servings of vegetables are you getting each day? Dark urine is usually a sign you aren't drinking enough water, or confusing enough veggies and fruits. The shooting pains, are you trying to hold off on peeing?

Platinum Member
    Oh, I've done Himalayan salt before - really as part of detox I was doing for 3 weeks. I didn't notice a difference.

Thornz.

One of the healthiest things you can drink is lemon juice (I mean freshly squeezed juice of lemons). And it isn't a fad either.

"Lemons are loaded with healthy benefits, and particularly, they’re a great vitamin C food source. One cup of fresh lemon juice provides 187 percent of your daily recommended serving of vitamin C — take that, oranges! Lemon juice also offers up a healthy serving of potassium, magnesium and copper."

"Because lemon juice’s atomic structure is similar to the digestive juices found in the stomach, it tricks the liver into producing bile, which helps keep food moving through your body and gastrointestinal tract smoothly. Lemon water also helps relieve indigestion or ease an upset stomach.

The acids found in lemon juice also encourage your body to process the good stuff in foods more slowly. This drawn-out absorption means insulin levels remain steady and you get more nutrients out of the foods you consume. "

I always use lemon juice rather than vinegar in salad dressings, when making mayonnaise and indeed lemon helps to flavour most foods.

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    In that case you'd do well to drink cranberry juice - plain, pure, no sugar, no additives.

Just to muddy the waters some ;} I have a kidney condition and cranberry juice is highly acidic.

Carry on. . ..

Originally Posted by LaHermes
    I always use lemon juice rather than vinegar in salad dressings, when making mayonnaise and indeed lemon helps to flavour most foods.
    Sub it for lime and you've captured my lifestyle. Lime goes on everything. No exceptions.

Oh yes, JMan.

Love those limes too. Great flavour.

*restrains herself, restrains herself*

YOU-PUT-YOUR-LIME-IN-THE-COCNUT-AND-CALL-ME-IN-THE-MOoOoOoRNING

*oops*

Oh boy, oh boy!! Rainy. LMAO

Sounds like a very exotic practice......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice