Quick/Easy ways to die?

Wolfboy702

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, and all I can do is offer a helping hand.

I do agree that you should call the suicide hotline, but not to ask them your question. To discuss your life, your problems, and hopefully, get some real solutions.

I wish you peace.

Obviously.

There isn't a quick and easy way. Even a decent amount of people with gunshot wounds to the head survive. Do you think maybe you just feel like you need to option to be "out"? Like, a potential escape plan.

There might be options to help your situation. Medication? Moving? Go on a trip to get away? Changing jobs?

The fact you can legally purchase "suicide manuals" shows there is nothing illegal with explaining methods of suicide.

As of December, 2012, it is illegal in every state for a non-medical professional to assist someone else's suicide.

What is Considered Assisted Suicide?

Every state has a slightly different definition of what it means to assist a suicide, and some states do not actually define it in their statutes. Generally, someone assists with a suicide when:

He does some act which causes someone else to die, such as administering lethal doses of drugs;

He provides the drugs or tools necessary for someone else to commit suicide when he knows those tools are likely to be used for suicide;

Advises someone else on the way to commit suicide; or

Persuades someone else to commit suicide.

Note that it is not considered assisted suicide to fail to resuscitate someone who is already dying.

Why is it illegal?

There are two major public policy reasons why assisted suicide is generally illegal. First, many states consider the preservation of life the highest priority. Consequently, in those states, anything that ends a human life is considered a crime such as murder or manslaughter.

The second policy reason against assisted suicide is that it can be difficult in some cases to distinguish it from murder or manslaughter. States have an interest in ensuring that no one is forced to commit suicide through threats or deception. For this reason, the three states that currently allow physician assisted suicide (Washington, Oregon, and Montana) have strict procedures that must be followed before any lethal medication is administered. They include ensuring that the patient is a resident of the state; and that at least two witnesses (some of whom have to be doctors, and unrelated to the patient) testify that the patient is mentally competent, that the patient is ill and predicted to live only a short while, and that the patient's request was voluntary.

I am sorry you're feeling this way .

No one on here can tell you any suggestions for that unless they want to be arrested .

Actually i think highly of your posts but you are actually wrong. If you look up presidence on this it never sticks. If you tell someone to kill themselves and the do it can get you in a lot of trouble. Although generically stating a way to die without telling a person to do it absolves liability. Had to ask my lawyer friend who works at a hospital doing pretty much this kind of work.

Actually i think highly of your posts but you are actually wrong. If you look up presidence on this it never sticks. If you tell someone to kill themselves and the do it can get you in a lot of trouble. Although generically stating a way to die without telling a person to do it absolves liability. Had to ask my lawyer friend who works at a hospital doing pretty much this kind of work.

It will get you in big problems on this site to suggest ways. This community has been rocked by a member death before. It is very sad.

It will get you in big problems on this site to suggest ways. This community has been rocked by a member death before. It is very sad.

I think it is morally abhorrent. I would never do that. I also responded that he should seek help. That doesn't change the legal stance of it. I was simply stating something was incorrect that you claimed. I would hope that anyone who sugested such a thing would have their account suspended. But against a site's EULA or rules doesn't make it illegal.

I was suicidal 4 years ago! A gilr broke my heart! Depression strikes as always! Negative thoughts passes through my mind! Went on a buildinga roof and tried to push my self off! Did NOT worked out! I sat down though of what the f am i doing! Went home and started working on my self! Improving every aspect of me! Now i am juat sitting on a bench and rethinking of the thoughts i had! Struggling to not punch me in the face for even thinking something like that then! How many people's lifes i have made better since then, how many great moments would i miss! Life is beautiful! I don't really know what you are facing right now! But it will pass away! Be strong and better days are coming!

• 1 month later...
The fact you can legally purchase "suicide manuals" shows there is nothing illegal with explaining methods of suicide.

Absolutely true. You can also look up methods online. I am not promoting suicide, but I don't judge people either way. Nobody knows what someone else is going through, so they should not try to act like they do. I do believe that we should try whatever we can before making such a drastic move.

Archived