Should I commit myself tomorrow?

I've been severely depressed for about 2 months mostly due to a medication issue and I don't see my psychiatrist for another month (not negotiable despite it being an emergency). I've been on the brink of running away or killing myself for about 2 weeks now. Should I just suck it up and go to the hospital tomorrow?

" (not negotiable despite it being an emergency)"

I was at a point in my life once where I actually knew that if something didn't give in the next few weeks, then I was going to the emergency room to get depression meds. Do what you have to do. But don't kill yourself. Life's too short as it is, and you can get to the point of having a life beyond your wildest dreams if you just focus on that with the help of others, modern science, and yourself.

Yes, please go to the hospital. You will get to see a psychiatrist right away at the emergency! I'm glad you are aware that your depression and what ever you are feeling right now is just the meds. The feeling is temporary, it will pass. I've been there, some of the meds reacts horrible in me. Hope you could find ones that are more suitable for you.

Archived