Do recruiters still get their referral bonus if i quit my job in 3 moths?

wai

Depends on the recruiter's contract with the company. I think recruiters get an initial scouting payment and then additional payments if you stay with the company anywhere from 3, 6, 9 or 12 months depending on what was agreed to by those two parties.

Is the recruiter a friend or are you hoping they will put you forward for future roles? You should speak with your recruiter about your concerns if you're ready to quit, so at least they have some warning and are more likely to help you in the future.

OP, your posts are nearly entirely about being unhappy at a job.

I'm assuming this is a more recent one?

You cannot job hop the way you seem to be. That means you need to really learn yourself and learn what you want - and how to identify if a job matches that in the interview.

I went on probably a dozen interviews. I backed out of 6 or so processes because I learned the job didn't match my long term goals.

That's the right decision to make for both me AND the employer.

I have a clear vision of what I want, both with company vision, job title, and coworkers.

You really need to understand your vision because you will destroy your resume and your network job hopping.

Depends on the recruiter's contract with the company. I think recruiters get an initial scouting payment and then additional payments if you stay with the company anywhere from 3, 6, 9 or 12 months depending on what was agreed to by those two parties.

Is the recruiter a friend or are you hoping they will put you forward for future roles? You should speak with your recruiter about your concerns if you're ready to quit, so at least they have some warning and are more likely to help you in the future.

no he is not a friend. He was a total to me right before i start. He asked me for my social number on email when i refused, and told him i will call HR directly and give it to them. He got offended and was rude to me.

The reason I am quitting this job is because the job description doesn't match my skill set. I was told a lie before I accepted the offer. Now I accepted another job offer and leaving the company. The recruiter found out about it and started texting me and ask if and why I'm leaving.

OP, your posts are nearly entirely about being unhappy at a job.

I'm assuming this is a more recent one?

You cannot job hop the way you seem to be. That means you need to really learn yourself and learn what you want - and how to identify if a job matches that in the interview.

I went on probably a dozen interviews. I backed out of 6 or so processes because I learned the job didn't match my long term goals.

That's the right decision to make for both me AND the employer.

I have a clear vision of what I want, both with company vision, job title, and coworkers.

You really need to understand your vision because you will destroy your resume and your network job hopping.

I'm sorry .. you "assume". I was not asking for any advice whether i should quit my job or not. so please don't come here and lecture me why i should and i should not. I know what I'm doing. You saw my one liner question and started being judgemental.

I'm sorry .. you "assume". I was not asking for any advice whether i should quit my job or not. so please don't come here and lecture me why i should and i should not. I know what I'm doing. You saw my one liner question and started being judgemental.

Well, I looked at your post history.

I also see something else in your posts. You refuse to take responsibility for anything. All your problems are the fault of someone else.

It's possible, but unlikely.

That's not a very employable trait.

Well, I looked at your post history.

I also see something else in your posts. You refuse to take responsibility for anything. All your problems are the fault of someone else.

It's possible, but unlikely.

That's not a very employable trait.

you scanned through the titles. I posted this thread like literally 2 minutes ago. Stop giving advice when you are not asked. Have a good day.

you scanned through the titles. I posted this thread like literally 2 minutes ago. Stop giving advice when you are not asked. Have a good day.

I remember your posts... because I've replied.

Posting in a public forum means I can comment anything I find relevant. Close the thread if you don't want outsider opinions.

no he is not a friend. He was a total to me right before i start. He asked me for my social number on email when i refused, and told him i will call HR directly and give it to them. He got offended and was rude to me.

The reason I am quitting this job is because the job description doesn't match my skill set. I was told a lie before I accepted the offer. Now I accepted another job offer and leaving the company. The recruiter found out about it and started texting me and ask if and why I'm leaving.

Why did you refuse to give him your social security number? And what was the lie you were told?

Be careful with job hopping, if that's what you're doing. If you stay in the same industry, recruiters in that industry talk with each other and talk with their clients. Just be mindful of that even if you haven't done something particularly wrong

You are on a public forum Wai, so cool the attitude a bit. Other posters are entitled to give you feedback.

" I just want to know my mistake and learn from it. I don't want to be just a software developer my entire life. I want to move up the ladder. But for that i need to have people skill and learn from my mistakes"

You wrote this on a previous occasion.

Why did you refuse to give him your social security number? And what was the lie you were told?

Be careful with job hopping, if that's what you're doing. If you stay in the same industry, recruiters in that industry talk with each other and talk with their clients. Just be mindful of that even if you haven't done something particularly wrong

Why would I ? He is not HR. Why should i trust him with my social ? If they need me to give it to the company, yes I can do that directly with the company HR.

They told me I will be working on something then make me do something else that doesn't match my job description. As far as I know. Someone quit right before I start in 4 months too because of the same reason. And two other co-workers who started about the same time already searching for a job.

I remember your posts... because I've replied.

Posting in a public forum means I can comment anything I find relevant. Close the thread if you don't want outsider opinions.

Just because this post is on public forum doesn't mean you can instantly judge without knowing their background. What they have been going through. I'm simply asking if the recruiter doesn't get paid. Because he has been texting me since he heard I'm leaving.

wai, you're not being polite to people who are asking questions for the intent of helping you. If you didn't want deeper advice, you could easily have Googled your question and gotten the answer from somewhere without people trying to interfere.

Frankly, I'm reading this and thinking that you look like you're hoping the recruiter doesn't get a bonus. You think he's a horrible person, you think he lied to you about this job, and now you're leaving it. If that's the case, I'll gently advise you to not go through life looking to take revenge on people. I also agree wtih MLD about not job-hopping so much, but you can only do what you feel is best.

wai, you're not being polite to people who are asking questions for the intent of helping you. If you didn't want deeper advice, you could easily have Googled your question and gotten the answer from somewhere without people trying to interfere.

Frankly, I'm reading this and thinking that you look like you're hoping the recruiter doesn't get a bonus. You think he's a horrible person, you think he lied to you about this job, and now you're leaving it. If that's the case, I'll gently advise you to not go through life looking to take revenge on people. I also agree wtih MLD about not job-hopping so much, but you can only do what you feel is best.

I didnt even know they have that kind of rules. I was getting texts from the recruiter and told this other co-worker that he is texting me because she got the job through his company too. She told me it's because they dont get paid if people leave in less than 6 months. I was merly checking if that is true to decide whether i should reply or not.

I dont care whether he gets paid or not. It doesnt come out of my paycheck. If would be great if you guys stop making assumptions.

Assumptions about what, Wai?

And I agree with Wombat.

And btw we do have background, your many threads, re family issues, your BF's family issues (you remarked that they hated you), work colleagues issues as perceived by you, you said they were racist as you were the only non-Indian there, and on those threads posters did (as they do here) try to tell you about your attitude.

Archived