He rehired his ex to work for him

Amy james

Hello everyone i am new here

I have a question and I really need an answer too. I have been dating a guy for over 6 years and now we are planning on getting married. He has his own business he rehired his ex to work for him i am so hurt he says i have nothing to worry about he never goes to that pizza shop he is busy in his other shops i trust him but i know that girl still loves him they dated for 2 years and lived together for 6 month i have never lived with him or slept with him but she did we live in two different countries. I am so hurt that i am at a point where i want to break up with him. What do you guys think i should do?

Break up with him.

Not only does this story feel out of place (in my understanding -- dating for 6 years, about to get married, have not lived together nor slept together, and living in two separate countries?). You're not right or wrong for feeling what you feel; however, do ask yourself: If you're willing to call it quits and break up over him hiring her, then perhaps your 6 year relationship isn't as strong as it should be for marriage. What will happen when he *does* in fact have to visit that store, or worse, work late at that location and she's on staff that night...

Have you already spoken with him prior to him hiring her? Did he say anything before hand?

Break up with him.

Not only does this story feel out of place (in my understanding -- dating for 6 years, about to get married, have not lived together nor slept together, and living in two separate countries?). You're not right or wrong for feeling what you feel; however, do ask yourself: If you're willing to call it quits and break up over him hiring her, then perhaps your 6 year relationship isn't as strong as it should be for marriage. What will happen when he *does* in fact have to visit that store, or worse, work late at that location and she's on staff that night...

Have you already spoken with him prior to him hiring her? Did he say anything before hand?

Yes i have he knew i wasn't happy when she was working for him before and she quit but he recently hired her again with out telling me he told me about it a month later

6 years and you've never slept with him? This sounds like some fantasy relationship..in separate countries? I really don't think you're even together. Find someone closer..this isn't a relationship at all

Have you met this guy? Why have you been dating so long?

I would be done with him. Completely inappropriate if she still has feelings.

Yes we have met and he has asked my parents for my hand. My parents have always been against us thats why we have been dating for so long.

Yes we have met and he has asked my parents for my hand. My parents have always been against us thats why we have been dating for so long.
So he's with a woman who lives a country apart, who won't have sex until marriage, and who has held off on marriage for 6 years (and who knows how many more to come) on account of her parents' disapproval. Yeah, sorry, I see no reason he'd feel compelled not to hire someone he knows it competent, regardless of history, for your benefit.

Additionally, we'd have to play 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon just to make a connection between you and your partner. How is it that you have any insight into how an ex of his feels about anything?

Why don't your parents like him? If you care so much for their approval, then why didn't you end it? If not, why didn't you get married sooner. None of this makes sense!

You can't honestly believe that he has been celibate for six years?

Archived