Ex boyfriend dumping and replacing

How do you deal with the soul crushing feeling of being dumped and replaced by better girls. Ex started sleeping with many girls right after he broke up with me and told me about them. He seems to excited and happy to be living this new single life. I feel like I mean nothing and he is just replacing me with someone better. Where as I only want him. It just hurts so much to feel like a piece of trash that he threw out and couldn't care less now.

Please go NC. Your ex is a jerk for telling you about his sex escapades. If he respected you, he wouldn't be telling you that. You should give him the chance to tell you about his life. Delete and block. If he can't respect your feelings as an ex girlfriend, then he's not the man for you, not even as a friend.

Take your time to heal far away from him.

Secondly, they're not better than you. They're just girl with whom he can have sex. He seems to be going into rebound mode and post break-up "freedom" mode. That doesn't seem very healthy. You're not a piece of trash, however his post breakup remarks are very trashy. He made his choice regardless of his motives, but you can choose to keep him away and don't take his bull.

How do you deal with the soul crushing feeling of being dumped and replaced by better girls. Ex started sleeping with many girls right after he broke up with me and told me about them. He seems to excited and happy to be living this new single life. I feel like I mean nothing and he is just replacing me with someone better. Where as I only want him. It just hurts so much to feel like a piece of trash that he threw out and couldn't care less now.

You deal with it by 1) using STRICT NO CONTACT i.e. you avoid learning anything new about your ex 2) by recognizing that you lost nobody special. If he was special, he wouldn't be behaving so insensitively telling you things that will hurt you. However, you are also doing this to yourself. WHY are you still talking to your ex?????????????? You should have deleted his number and blocked him on all social media the moment he dumped you or at the very least, the moment he started telling you all this crap about other girls. Your mind is your own worst enemy at this point. It is telling you all kinds of false stories based on assumptions and your inner insecurities. For all you know, they may just be promiscuous and sleeping with everybody. Or your ex may be lying. These girls are not better just because your ex is sleeping with them. This is your lack of self-esteem talking. Plus, your ex sounds like a major scumbag if he is saying all this stuff about other girls to you. You urgently need to stop talking to him/learning new things about him and block him. THAT is how you deal with it.

We are no contact now for almost a week. We stayed in contact because we were trying to be friends but it was too hard for both of us, I kept wanting to talk about getting back together and he just wanted to be friends. Also he's not a jerk, I'm the one who kept talking to him and asking what he was up to. Now I know things I wish I didn't. But yes I plan on being nc until I am healed. Thanks for the advice!

Being friends is NOT possible right after a break up. Maybe later (and even so...), but not in such a short time.

If at least one of you is hurting and hurts with the thought of the ex being with someone then it's IMPOSSIBLE to be friends.

He said he was over me after a month break up and he was ready to be friends (it's been 3 months now) and I feel like a loser for not being over it yet when he moved on so long ago. We were together 3 years and i really don't see myself ever moving on at this point.

I am sorry to hear you are going through that. I am going through a similar situation myself where my ex gf left me and almost immediately started seeing someone else. I know how you are feeling right now (not good enough, like he didn't care about you at all) but with time it will get better. Go no contact and do it for yourself. That means block him off social media, he's number and anything else you may have. All pictures or anything that will be visible ad remind you off him put in a box and put it away. If you need to write down your feelings to get everything out then do that. You need to drop off the face of the earth to him and if that is the life he has chosen you need to leave him to it. I'm not saying it will be easy. In fact it is very hard going through it myself. But with every day it gets easier and it is true when people say 'out of sight out of mind'

Remember it is okay not to be okay. Take the time you need to grieve. Use the no contact to work on yourself. Take up new hobbies, go out with friends, spend time with family, keep yourself busy with work. You deserve so much better and with time and a clearer state of mind you will come to realise there are other boys out there who would treat you so much better than this boy has done. These girls he claims to be sleeping with are no better than you. They are just easy and being used. Keep your head up held high and walk away knowing you are the better person. What goes around comes around.

You cheated on the guy. Personally, I'm not into the whole vindictive thing after a breakup, but understand that-- particularly when infidelity is involved-- there's a good chance the other person's gonna be mean and insensitive. Stop talking to him and block him on all venues. You made your choice and what's done is done. There's no point you either of you suffering any more for it. Time to move on.

There's no reason for him to defend himself. I am not trying to put him down at all in fact he is a really nice guy, I know I was the one in the wrong here. I was just looking for some advice from others in how to deal with being dumped. I know I cheated but I still am going through all the normal feelings of being broken up with.

You say you feel like a piece of trash he threw out.

I imagine that's how he felt when you cheated on him. He probably asked himself "why did she cheat on me with someone BETTER than me???"

I imagine you've learned a lesson about not cheating.

I was talking with him because I wanted to try and fix things. I hurt him a lot and wanted to make it right and get another chance. Or at least try and be on good terms with him. It didn't work out though, we are on good terms now I think? But he doesn't want to get back together. I ruined the best thing I ever had and now have to live with knowing that the rest of my life

What do you mean by "fix this"?

Do you mean how can you convince him to not care that you cheated on him and hurt him terribly? Do you expect him to, despite the fact that he gave you his heart and you chose to cheat, give you another chance? Honestly, why would he?

Accept that this relationship is over. Accept responsibility. Realize that when you choose to hurt someone who loves you there will be consequences. Resolve to be a better person in your next relationship.

I do accept responsibility. I accepted it when I confessed what I did. I will not ever get into another relationship because I don't deserve it. I probably won't be alive much longer anyway so don't worry about that. Thank you for being honest with me though I really need to know the truth from someone unbiased, if you have any other advice please let me know thank you

It's not about deserving to live it's about I just don't want to anymore. Why would I, I lost my best friend and boyfriend who I loved so much believe it or not, now I'm so depressed and every day I wake up wishing I was dead. The only reason I'm not dead is because then I would be hurting even more people when I already have caused enough pain.

It's not about deserving to live it's about I just don't want to anymore. Why would I, I lost my best friend and boyfriend who I loved so much believe it or not, now I'm so depressed and every day I wake up wishing I was dead. The only reason I'm not dead is because then I would be hurting even more people when I already have caused enough pain.

When things get to the point of thinking about suicide, then it's time for professional counselling/therapy to step in. Or a call to your local LifeLine. You are clearly hurting. Please get help.

I've been in counselling since January but it hasn't really helped no amount of counselling can undo my mistakes.

Have you actually discussed the suicidal thoughts? If not, that is the main issue you SHOULD be discussing. Of course therapy won't help if you don't give them ALL the information. If they only get a fraction of the story, how can anyone possibly help you heal?

We all make mistakes in life and hurt others.

How you make this up, is by forgiving yourself, and learning from the experience. Another thing you could do is give back in your community. There are many that need help. Take the focus off of you, and put it on others.

You also need to think about how your family and friends would feel if they lost you. That would be tragic, and something they could never recover from.

Archived