Ex gf left me for another guy

So here is my story.. I am 25 and my ex is 19. We shared a 6 month relationship together and I know people will think that isn't long at all but this girl was my world and I loved her to pieces. Our relationship was the best I have ever had and she was my best friend as well as my girlfriend. I know the age difference was big but she was a very mature girl and very family orientated. She would often say things like 'it is my dream to one day be your wife, I can't see my future without you' all that sort of stuff. Anyway fast forward to the last few weeks of our relationship and she started to act very distant and cold towards me. I would often ask what's up and she would just be like I am stressed from uni and have a lot of work to do and being the type of boyfriend I am I have her space and supported her. Then the dreaded text 'I need to speak to you'... so the next day we meet up and she ends our relationship. There was a lot of different reasons she gave me. I don't want a relationship right now, I'm at uni, I don't feel that spark, bored of the routine. I literally tried everything to make it work and poured my heart out to her. She said maybe we would be back together after uni and all that sort of stuff but she was adamant she didn't want anything now and wanted to be single and wanted to just be friends. She even assured me there was no other guy and that I was the perfect boyfriend bla bla bla. I was broken but I said I would try to remain friends. Anyway few weeks pass and it was really hard for me. I went no contact and she text me after a week asking how I am and that she counts me as her closest friend at the end of the day (the pain) I replied and after echanging a few texts went back to no contact. After 2 weeks of the break up I met up with her to see how she was feeling and to see if there was any chance of making it work. She worked weekends and had uni and I worked through the week so it was always hard to do things but I wanted to try so hard to make it work and expressed me feelings. In this meeting it was then I found out that she was seeing this boy and that she had already kissed him. I felt betrayed and broke in front of her. I got nothing back and she was just cold. She confessed how she had a crush while she was with me and how all her friends would say our relationship was boring etc. I gave everything for this girl. I know I'm not perfect but i was always there for her when she was down. I took her out and done stuff together when I could and I had big plans for this girl. It's now been 7/8 weeks since that meeting and that was the last contact we had. I simply told her I felt betrayed and mugged off and that I couldn't be friends. I feel so lost and the pain is still so real. I had to log on to social media to turn off my email notifications coz I would keep getting reminders of her posts and seeing her look so happy online and pictures of them 2 together eats away at me inside and makes me feel physically sick. I have deleted all my social media and have shut myself down from everyone and everything. How can someone move on that quickly. It's like I meant nothing and she didn't care about me at all. I am really struggling. I have tried to move on so hard but I just can't let it go fully. I really loved this girl and I am broken. I didn't just lose my gf but I lost my best friend too and I just feel numb

Wow she was very inconsiderate and cold with you. That's devastating.

But don't worry, as ruthless as she appears to be, you both have shared experiences over 6 months. So she still must feel something, unless she is inhuman.

This is a good time to also ask the Lord for help. Maybe there was something about this girl that would have ruined you even more had you got married, and by fate you were spared so she could be with another victim instead. You never know..

Like they say, the planet is full of good women. God will match you up with an even better one in time.

I hear ya man, I'm struggling with the same thing.

It's hard for people like us to realize some people, often the people we care for so deeply can be so heartless.

You'll be okay man. You have your integrity and you know you're a good person. One day, a woman will see that.

Keep your head up man.

She's a teenager and you are in your mid-20's, teenage girls are not ready for commitment, settling down, making firm decisions.

You need to block her from everything and give yourself some time to come to terms with everything.

In the future, date someone closer to your own age, there's not too many girls that want full on commitment in their teens, try mid-20's and up.

Don't stay in contact or friends with her, she left you for someone else, move on.

I'm sorry, OP. She was very disrespectful to you and I agree with another who speculates she was probably cheating toward the end. I know you are in a lot of pain but when that begins to diminish, you will begin to see her for the less-than-emotionally-developed person she is.

Despite how mature she might have seemed to you, at the end of the day, she still is only 19. I was once a 19-year-old girl myself and we are a fickle bunch.

I would actually say that her talking about being your wife someday so soon into the relationship was in fact a sign of immaturity, not maturity. You two hadn't been together long enough and she's not old enough to be making big statements like that. I know it's nice to daydream, but it should be taken seriously coming from someone so young and inexperienced with life.

Keep up No Contact, but do not totally isolate yourself from your friends and family. It is imperative that you don't allow yourself to become too withdrawn because you will begin to dwell and obsess over this. Yes, you need time to grieve. It's okay to be sad. But it's also necessary for you to push yourself to find some moments of relief and distraction too.

I'm sorry, OP. She was very disrespectful to you and I agree with another who speculates she was probably cheating toward the end. I know you are in a lot of pain but when that begins to diminish, you will begin to see her for the less-than-emotionally-developed person she is.

Despite how mature she might have seemed to you, at the end of the day, she still is only 19. I was once a 19-year-old girl myself and we are a fickle bunch.

I would actually say that her talking about being your wife someday so soon into the relationship was in fact a sign of immaturity, not maturity. You two hadn't been together long enough and she's not old enough to be making big statements like that. I know it's nice to daydream, but it should be taken seriously coming from someone so young and inexperienced with life.

Keep up No Contact, but do not totally isolate yourself from your friends and family. It is imperative that you don't allow yourself to become too withdrawn because you will begin to dwell and obsess over this. Yes, you need time to grieve. It's okay to be sad. But it's also necessary for you to push yourself to find some moments of relief and distraction too.

Thank you for your honesty. I am man enough to admit I'm in a bad place but I will take your advice and give myself the time I need to grieve. Not a day goes by where I don't think about her and it eats away at me at the thought of me being completely replaced that easily and quickly. Like am I even a thought in her mind now she has this new guy? Will she ever regret her decision and try to get back in contact with me? I can't snap myself out of this thinking and it drives me insane. I really want to let go fully but I just don't have the courage yet

I hear ya man, I'm struggling with the same thing.

It's hard for people like us to realize some people, often the people we care for so deeply can be so heartless.

You'll be okay man. You have your integrity and you know you're a good person. One day, a woman will see that.

Keep your head up man.

Thank you for the kind words man. I'm sorry to hear you are going through the same thing. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. If you ever need someone to talk to you are more than free to message me. I find it helps when people who are going through the same thing come together and vent there feelings.

I am sure she hasn't completely erased you from her memory, but if I'm being honest, she's not thinking about you the way you're thinking about her.

As far as if she'll come back, it's anyone's guess. She might, especially if things don't work out with the new guy. However, you would be wise not to be too quick to take her back given her apparent willingness to drop you so quickly. At her age, it will be a while before she's really ready to settle down.

stay strong man. i am in the same shoes as you, although she was only 1 year younger than me. she said the generic stuff and i found out it wasnt what was said. she and the guy got intimate real quick and became official 2 months after our break. it sucks, i know. now moving into 5 months after the breakup, i am slowly feeling ok, with bouts here and there.

give it time and keep yourself occupied with doing things you enjoy and you'll think less of her, that's what helped me.

Archived