Real man vs. Celebrity crushes

Esther92

Hi everybody! I am new here.

I am a 24 years old girl with anxiety and I am dating a very nice man. We had 3 dates (tomorrow will be the fourth). I have never had a boyfriend before, never been kissed etc...he is very nice and understanding. But I am scared. First of all, I love being single. Second, I always had/have celebrity crushes. I know it sounds immature. These crushes are perfect of course, and they won't hug me and kiss me. Never. But fantasizing about it is so safe and good. And I like fantasizing and daydreaming about them. It's better than reality. And I am so scared that my expectations are really high and I won't be able to love somebody else, who doesn't look/sound like my celebrity crushes. I know I have to live in the reality. But giving up this dream world is scary, my fantasies are always better. Maybe I have fantasized so much that I will be unable to live in the reality. Now I have to give up these crushes, my single life is changing and it makes me anxious. I told this man about my anxiety and he accepts it. I have a therapist, but I feel ashamed to talk about this problem. Of course I should choose a real man and not an imaginary man. It is so embarrassing. I have to grow up. When I am with this man, I feel good, but when I am alone with my thoughts, I am full of with doubts and anxiety.

Thank you for reading it!

Archived