I am 20 yrs old and me and this guy who is 28 years old . We are in a long distance relationship, we have been together for four months now but we have never been on a date . When I ask him about it he says it's because when he comes down here we have very little time , he drive five hours and has work and his best friend also lives in my town so he is saying he is having a hard time balancing time with both of us . And so the only time we have for is sex and when he moves down here i will have him for good . And we can spend all the time together , it's been four months I have never met his friends , he does speak about his future with me and includes me in his future and even after we have sex he still cuddles with me and stays the night . When he goes back to his place , we talk almost everyday, and video call here and there . Our conversations are not just about sex we talk about our families , like he mentions his family to me and I do the same . And he also mentions about me in his future .He encourages me with my grades in college , and even when I told him I'm thinking of taking a break with school but he still pushed me to keep going with school. But my problem is we only have sex haven't gone together , and he also refuses to add me on his Facebook but says he's not hiding anything and if I ask question it he says that we talk almost everyday and he has nothing to hide . He says he doesn't do social media dating for four months , it makes me think I'm just being used .

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in this position for three years now and it's almost destroyed me. I fell for a guy who played me like a fiddle. Our communications are basically when he wants phone sex or video sex. I've become hooked on his 'approval' and my whole sense of worth depends on whether he contacts me. When he does, although he only wants to talk about sex, I feel validated, I feel worthy. How pathetic is that? Walk away now before you become attached and don't look back. This isn't love, it's emotional abuse. Nobody should be treated as an option. Either you're his priority or it's game over - and trust me it is a game.

Archived