I have a huge fear of stomach flu, if i am exposed or know someone has had it a have really bad anxiety and stress over it. Yesterday at 11am at my daughters kingergarten grad a little girl was in the back of the gym and she threw up. Im worried me or my family will get it. Its been about 28hrs since we have had a breif exposure. Was i exposed enough? Am i probably safe since i haven't got it yet?

You will to wait-and-see . Unfortunately ,gastrointestinal flu make their way around . We had one here in my town a couple weeks ago . Usually gastrointestinal flu are short-lived . Two weeks ago I was cleaning up vomit from a child in our daycare that had gastrointestinal flu I didn't catch it .

The flu shot they offer is for influenza, they dont offer anything for stomach flu or rotavirus or norwalk virus. Ive asked several dr.

Absolutely ,the flu shot does not work on gastrointestinal flu . That is for influenza and usually only available in the winter.

My bad, I was just thinking the flu in general. But why the stomach flu, out of all of the possible illnesses you could contract? There are so many out there that are even worse. Sure, you feel unwell for about a day or so, although people don't usually suffer from it frequently (years in between incidents). I've contracted much worse than the flu. You get over it, move on after some bed rest. You spend more time dreading something that may happen eventually than just living your life stress free.

Btw your immune system is negatively affected under stress, lowering its effectiveness against invaders.

I am a fairly healthy person and dont get sick often, in fact the last time i threw up was probably 4 yrs ago

If you're fairly healthy and don't get sick often then there's no reason why you should get stomach flu. Do you fear all other illnesses too? Or only stomach flu?

I honestly don't know why, if i did i could probably change it. Im not sure if you've ever suffered anxiety but its nothing you csn control or decide what gives you anxiety

Are you on meds? I would be more concerned about your anxiety.

Archived