Too soon to meet Dad/best friend?

ReconChick32

I've been dating this guy for about six weeks. I knew him for a few months before we started dating. Things have been going great, we're exclusive, we make time for each other every week, exchange text messages nearly every day. It feels very nice.

On Saturday, I got a text from him telling me his dad was coming into town for a visit. He invited me to a baseball game with him, his father, and his best friend. The team from my home town, whom he and his dad are both life long fans of, is playing the team of the city we both currently live in.

I am flattered that he wants me to meet his father and best friend, but it's been awhile since I've dated in this capacity (was off the market for 9 years and things are vastly different now). Is this low key environment a good opportunity to meet his dad/best friend and it's no big deal, or is it considered too early for meeting someone's family?

I've already committed to going either way, but the situation struck me as odd for a brief moment.

You knew him for a few months before you dated. If you had only gone on 6 dates, I would think it would be too soon. But you have known eachother for a little bit. If you are uncomfortable, decline and ask to meet up for dinner after the game or lunch before so you can meet his dad and friend. But if things are going good I would go.

I also think it's fine. It's a fun non formal activity. It's not like he invited you to go to his parent's house and do a formal presentation of "hi mum and dad, this is my girlfriend" and then you have to sit there answering to questions or trying not to act awkward lol

Archived