Just friends- or more?

Abby0602

My boyfriend speaks to a lot of girls. I'm not talking hundreds or anything but definitely more than I consider 'normal' in a relationship. I have nothing against him speaking to girls as I also speak to my guy friends, however these are either friends I have know for years (before my boyfriend) or work colleagues so the conversations are completely platonic with a lot of laddish banter and no flirting, and all of them know I have a boyfriend. I have also told my boyfriend about any of my friends that I speak to so he knows who they are. And if a ransomer messages me something flirty/inappropriate i show/tell him. However my boyfriends lists of girls is not only longer but doesn't seem so innocent. Many of them he has met on twitter or found on instagram and has been favouriting/liking all of their stuff even going back years after following them a day ago. I also don't think any of the girls know about me, because there is no presence of our relationship online and I don't believe he tells them as he usually moves to keep me out of a snapchat, or turns his phone away as he's typing/recieving messages and then proceeds to delete any contact with females, but leave the male ones to see. I am getting suspicious about the content of the chats as he's previously had inappropriate chats with other girls. What would you do?

First, I would have confronted him about it. Your gut is telling you something isn't right, follow it. It doesn't sound normal what he's doing. To me, it sounds like he's keeping you on the side and keeping his options open at the same time.

I always say not to put so much emphasis on social media, but in your case, your boyfriend is using social media to pick up girls. It's not right, nor is it appropriate.

Not sure why you are questioning it, it's a pretty clear painted picture. Lots of red flags here.

Unfortunately you seem over-invested in online presences and likes, followers etc. It's bizarre to show him "oh look he flirted with me', what's the point? Why pretend you have to answer to him, when you could, on your own volition, simply block such a person? Is it a roundabout attempt to lead by example?

Do real life people know you are dating? Have you met each other's real life friends and family? Depending on how long you have been dating and what your investment is here only you can decide to end it or not. You can't decides who he follows likes etc online.

if a ransomer messages me something flirty/inappropriate i show/tell him. Many of them he has met on twitter or found on instagram and has been favouriting/liking all of their stuff even going back years after following them a day ago. there is no presence of our relationship online a

Sorry don't think it came across properly! I tell him so I know I'm not hiding anything and there's nothing for him to 'find out' and often sometimes it's said more as banter! And I don't have any issue with who he follows/ the online presence of our relationship as I know that's not what matters! It's just that if he's talking to someone and they are not aware he has a girlfriend it can sway the convo immediately to be more flirty if that makes sense?

It does not matter if you were in a bad period or not, any man (or woman) with respect towards the person they are dating, should not seek out attention from someone else. It's called cheating.

You have seen the evidence that he is capable of doing this to you now behind your back, it's up to you whether you continue taking it or not.

It was him asking girls to send videos of them masturbating for him

This is behavior I would never ignore. No matter the circumstances. If he did that stuff before he will most likely again. Especially if he is always feeling out to other girls.

I also think it is weird you show him random spam messages sent to you. I wouldn't waste effort to defend myself against such a baseless message. Is he really paranoid or something?

Archived