What should I do - petty online friend drama?

glowlite

My friend is really mad at me and another friend of mine (all 3 of us were good friends prior to this incident) and refuses to speak to me. I got angry at a comment he made and ignored him for two days which I know I shouldn't have done, I told him I was sorry and everything and he hasn't spoken to me since because he believes my friend and I were talking **** about him when we weren't just because we were whispering and not speaking to him (on an online game). We weren't, we were chatting on Skype and stuff and he's going around calling us both snakes and trying to turn all of my other friends against me. I hate fighting with friends and losing them over something SO stupid, but it doesn't seem like he's ever going to forgive us. My other friend had said some horrible things (something I had nothing to do with - his own decision) and I feel like he's just holding the fact that I'm still friends with him and was talking to him against me. It's hard because I do enjoy talking to him but it doesn't seem like he's going to forgive and will just keep believing I was talking ****. Is there anything I should/could do or would it just be best to just leave the situation? I've tried talking to him and apologizing for ignoring but he just deleted me off of the site. I've blocked off of twitter because being called a snake when I'm actually one of the most loyal people you'll probably ever meet hurt a little

I wouldn't care as much but I've been friends with him for a year +

I know this is petty but it's really bothering me, what should I do?

You've been friends with this guy for over a year. When you started hanging out, did he mention how previous friends were snakes or how they'd turned against him? If so, it could be indicative of a personality trait on his part instead of anything you did wrong.

Then again, we don't know what the spark of this fight was. Sometimes friendships do just fall apart, and there's nothing that can be done to stop it. Give it a rest for a few more days and then reach out gingerly with a sincere apology. Don't say things like "I'm sorry if you took this the wrong way" or "I wasn't doing anything, but I'm sorry if I somehow upset you." Just say you apologize for upsetting your friend and ask if you're still cool. If he won't accept that apology, then write it off as him being immature or just the friendship reaching the end of its course.

You've been friends with this guy for over a year. When you started hanging out, did he mention how previous friends were snakes or how they'd turned against him? If so, it could be indicative of a personality trait on his part instead of anything you did wrong.

Then again, we don't know what the spark of this fight was. Sometimes friendships do just fall apart, and there's nothing that can be done to stop it. Give it a rest for a few more days and then reach out gingerly with a sincere apology. Don't say things like "I'm sorry if you took this the wrong way" or "I wasn't doing anything, but I'm sorry if I somehow upset you." Just say you apologize for upsetting your friend and ask if you're still cool. If he won't accept that apology, then write it off as him being immature or just the friendship reaching the end of its course.

Well, not particularly about ex-friends but I've seen him get really angry at others for next to no reason at all and carry it on for a week or two, the spark of the fight was "ignoring" him while my friend and I were whispering, and he started assuming we were talking about him and he just deleted us both from the website we all met and didn't bother to listen to our side of the story. I deactivated my twitter a day before we fought and he started saying I deactivated it to smite him when in reality I barely go on.. the three of us were close friends a week ago, I know my friend and him have been having jabs at each other and what not but I was never even involved in that

Why do you make this your problem? He called you a snake, you have the right to be upset! So you ignored him for 2 days, isn't that what people do when they are upset? Take some time to cool off? He's now turning the table on you, and made it like it's your fault.

Not sure why you are the one apologizing? Shouldn't he be the one, he's the one that called you names? You need to value yourself as in if someone did something wrong to you... i.e. calls you names that you don't like. YOU need to stick up for yourself. Don't give in and think you are in the wrong because you are not.

I'd like to know, have you ever hung out with him in person?

Was this cyber friendship more than friends? Forget this Machiavellian game they are playing. Who's stabbing who in the back, etc. Block and delete this paranoia egomaniac. Find a better class of friends.

I've tried talking to him and apologizing for ignoring but he just deleted me off of the site. I've blocked off of twitter because being called a snake when I'm actually one of the most loyal people you'll probably ever meet hurt a little

Archived