Broke up with ex but can't stop thinking about her

Hi friends,

I recently broke up with a girl roughly 2 months ago, but she's consistently on my mind. We dated her for 3 years and it was serious would say. Is this normal? I doubt she is thinking about me. I just wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this!

Thank you

We've got two X chromosomes, we're not aliens Even if she dumped you horrendously and immediately started dating someone else, there's an extremely high chance that she is still thinking about you. You can't just turn off feelings out of the blue like that, it's not a light switch. It's just been two months after three years together.

If you're thinking about getting back together...well, that's a different story. She may think about you but not want you back, or she may want you back and not know how to approach you about it. Have you been in contact at all? If you do indeed want to get back with her and you were the one who broke things off, don't mistake loneliness as a good reason to get back with her. You presumably broke it off for a good reason, and you would need to consider whether you have a good reason to restart your relationship.

Yes, I broke up with her because of various reasons. I gave her closure a month ago (last time spoke to her) via text in a polite manner. I know the phrase that a women's "loudest cry" is silence. Maybe that's why she hasn't reached out? It is very hard to not think about her. Everything is so fresh.

It's actually ironic, because you're proving to those of us dumpees who are struggling with No Contact that it's sort of having the desired effect on you. Like I said, she's probably thinking about you (and like many of us dumpees on here, she could be struggling not to reach out). Just remember that missing her doesn't mean loving her. Don't give her false hope of a reconciliation or anything unless you're quite serious about wanting her back.

The closure you gave her should help both of you heal and ultimately move on, if that's what you want to do.

You dumped her, she doesn't want communication with you. Nor should you pester her for 'friendship'. She's probably started to move on..

An intelligent person of either gender employs silence after being dumped. Nobody with intact self esteem is going to run after you to feed your ego.

I broke up with her because of various reasons. I gave her closure a month ago (last time spoke to her) via text in a polite manner. I know the phrase that a women's "loudest cry" is silence. Maybe that's why she hasn't reached out? It is very hard to not think about her. Everything is so fresh.

What did you expect? Was it a contrived breakup to 'teach her a lesson'? What does 'dumped her for various reasons' mean?

You're the one who hurt her. Lay off. Sounds almost like your ego hurts that she didn't run after you after your 'gracious closure' (dumping her via text).

Would assume she's hurt

Archived