Thanks for help and advice - do not stay in an abusive relationship

Daisy78

Thank you to all members who responded to my post

I now realise I was in a toxic and emotionally abusive relationship which I have now ended. He was older than me and his abuse varied from:

Picking fault at my appearance and body shape - he put me down to make himself feel better as he was a binge eater and could not control his eating..

Pretending to ''care'' about me, telling me I needed to gain weight even though I have a healthy BMI, saying I needed to eat more junk food like pies, sugary soda, pastries and chocolate and even bought huge bags of chips and trying to force them on me.

Telling me not to go out without him.. on walks or to the mall...

Putting me down in front of friends then saying '' I'm only joking! He used namecalling and made lots of unpleasant or sarcastic comments.It really lowered my self-esteem and self-confidence.

He also undermined me and dismissed my opinions.

After break up I was asked by his friends and family (via phone calls and text) to return to him as he was devastated... I have since spoken to them and changed cell number.

I ended things in a public place and refused to ride home in his car with him

I want others in a similar situation to also seek help or to end things!!! Before things escalate..

If your partner’s behaviour makes you feel small, controlled or as if you’re unable to talk about what’s wrong, it’s abusive. If you feel like your partner is stopping you from being able to express yourself, it’s abusive. If you feel you have to change your actions to accommodate your partner’s behaviour, it’s abusive.

Please get help or finish the relationship... It's unbelieve now looking back that I tolerated this behaviour.

Daisy, I remember you and I am very, very happy you have gotten yourself free and ended that abusive relationship. You go girl!

And I really appreciate your coming back here to give everyone an update and to speak up for others who maybe find themselves in a similar situation and are uncertain if they should walk away or not.

Good for you loving and backing yourself over that chump. I wish you nothing but the best in life, you deserve it.

Archived