LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 73747576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts, Rants, and Musings

Originally Posted by dias
    You are a lone star girl all the way back! You have the independence in your blood :)

Interesting that some of your ancestors were civil engineers. They say we inherit genes up to seven generations back, so your love for architecture is no surprise.
    It really does get me thinking about nature vs. nurture.

Platinum Member
    So fascinating, Jib!

Work has been ok. Still stressful. I try to talk myself out of the stress, and sometimes it works. But most of the time, I want to punch Shannon and Jason in their throats. They just suck at managing.

Shannon tries to be nice, but that falls away fast when the stress builds up. And she'll throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. I have no idea why. It's not like she'll get fired for making a mistake. Sometimes I just want to say, "Face the music, you freaking coward. People will respect you more for it."

I get fed up with Jason a lot, too. Last week, he totally threw me under the bus for something I was not even involved with. I found out only because Shannon sent me a terse email which forwarded a response from Jason that read, "Jibralta was working on it, but I haven't heard from her in a while."

Both of those statements were complete B.S. Yes, I was working on a part of the project, but my part was a staircase and had nothing to do with the electrical plan in question. And Jason and I had just talked about that staircase two days before, so all that business about him not hearing from me was complete crap.

(side note: all of this happened via email because they were both out of the office)

I forwarded an email to both Shannon and Jason that proved that Jason had misrepresented the situation. Shannon then emailed back, basically asking Jason "What are you not understanding?" That at least made me somewhat happy.

When Jason got back into the office on Friday, I was pissed. But I didn't jump on him about it because I knew that would be a bad idea. I waited for him to broach the topic, and once we discussed the particulars of what needed to get done, I said, "I'm a little confused as to why you told Shannon that I had been working on the electrical plan."

I let Jason worm his way through that with seemingly plausible excuses and then I said, "But why did you say you hadn't heard from me in a while?" Jason tried to say that we hadn't discussed the staircase since last Friday, but I was able to prove that we'd discussed it as recently as Tuesday. He finally said something stupid like, "Well, that's just a few days difference." And I let it go because I have to work with the guy and there's no use grinding him into the dirt.

Five minutes later, life moved on and things were back to normal. Jason does try to make nice, and that's important. I just don't want to make it easy for him to run me over.

Lately, I've been waking up in the middle of the night, around midnight - 2AMish. I lie there for about an hour, trying to fall back to sleep. Then I finally reconcile myself to the fact that I am not getting back to sleep and I get up so that I don't bother Arnold.

I don't know if it's due to work stress, or if it's just a phase I'm going through. I do think of work a lot while its it happening.

Last night, it happened again. Then I looked over at him and I felt so happy and grateful. Yeah, I'm dealing with all of this stress, but I'm waking up next to him and I can snuggle right in.

When I come home at night, he takes care of me and gives me room to myself to relax.

Lots of times, we will sit on the couch together, not talking, just doing our own things next to each other.

Just recently, he's been encouraging me to have my own 'TV time' to myself. Not so much with words, but by not getting involved with the show. Letting it be mine.

I don't know if that makes sense. But I think it's very sweet and wise of him.

My dad died ten years ago today. I can't believe so much time has flown by. I tend to remember him on Valentine's Day, but it doesn't make it a sad day.

I literally came on the site to see if anyone else was thinking of a parent today. Today has me thinking of my folks, but it doesn't make it a sad day, I'm just remember the sweet things they did.

Wow!

Have both of your parents passed away?

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    I literally came on the site to see if anyone else was thinking of a parent today. Today has me thinking of my folks, but it doesn't make it a sad day, I'm just remember the sweet things they did.
    interesting. . My parents have been on my mind more so in the last two days.

I'm at work and just got done chatting with coworker who's mother in law probably won't make it through the weekend.
    I got a little emotional when he spoke of his family and everything they are currently going through.
    My mom used to (loosely) believe in that old adage `pennies from heaven' She'd come across one and smile, saying it was Dad. Lately, every time I turn around, a penny is front of me. Today, coming to a satellite office to use a hoteling space. Front and center, in front of the monitors was a single penny to greet me this morning.

Happy Valentines, Ladies

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Wow!

Have both of your parents passed away?
    Yes, I was 14 when my dad passed away, it's been a few years now without mom.

I liked your story, reinvent. Happy Valentine's from me too.

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Yes, I was 14 when my dad passed away, it's been a few years now without mom.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you have such fond memories of them.

Sweet story, Reinvent.

I hope you both had a Happy Valentine's Day :)

Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 73747576777879 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice