Do I make the next move?

shemmyemmy23

So I met this guy recently and we were talking and he asked me out for drinks. I had a really good night and we were laughing the whole time. I offered to pay for the drinks but he refused and was just buying the drinks the whole night and he told me he hadn't been on a date for 1.5 years because he's quite shy . At the end of the night we hugged each other good bye and said we should do it again sometime. I messaged him after to thank him and told him I had a good night and he said he had fun.

Do you reckon I should ask him out now or just leave it?

Why not? He asked you out the first time around. You can do the same.

But, while it could just be me, when I read "he was buying drinks the whole night," I'm picturing a lot of drinks. If so, there's a chance he was going for your fairly typical tipsy ONS. Between that possibility and there always being a chance someone simply isn't interested in a second date, don't stress yourself too much over it. Simply ask him out again and see what he says.

Agree, same impression. Did you meet in the bar or was the first meet after messaging online?

when I read "he was buying drinks the whole night," I'm picturing a lot of drinks. If so, there's a chance he was going for your fairly typical tipsy ONS.

If you do ask to meet again, make sure it's no where near a bar and no alcohol involved. That way you won't end up being used and tossed. You also will be able to talk to him on a more down to earth level and be more yourselves without the aid of alcohol. You will get a much better impression if you are compatible or not.

Also don't meet at his house or your house, either, so there is no chance of it becoming just about sex.

Meet out somewhere in public and actually get to know one another.

I agree in the fact you should take the initiative to ask him out especially since he was kind enough to pay the tab. (assuming it wasn't with the intention of a ons).. I also agree next day should involve no alcohol (maybe one drink for dinner or something)...anytime i've gone on a "bar date" a guy was just trying to get lucky..

There's nothing wrong with him buying you a lot of drinks ! So long as the night didn't end like a Bill Cosby episode then you are fine. He did say he is a shy guy, so take into account that maybe he took you out for drinks because alcohol makes him feel more relaxed and able to talk to you without the typical nervousness a shy guy usually faces, it lowered his inhibitions in a good way.

Go ahead and ask him out on a date, maybe a movie or dinner, whatever you want, he has already asked you out so keep things going and ask him out for the next date.

Archived