Struggling with a relationship

Jake720

Hello everyone, I'll keep this short;

I'm struggling in a relationship with a girl, the thing is that she could be my gf, we go out but the problem is that I don't entertain her in terms of my talking abilities.

I am not shy and neither is she. When we converse its going smooth but when it stops its just awkward.

Example, we go out and its often silent, like nobody has nothing to say and its driving me crazy because we could go to the next level but I'm blowing it.

What can I do here?

There was a 'card game' called The Ungame, I believe it had various versions - couple, family, etc. It had gentle questions which I remember being interesting conversation starters, and easy to navigate for a long car ride, picnic, that sort of thing. Perhaps you could try something like this as a way to stimulate communication?

*I just found this from the Ungame Wikipedia entry:

"Players progress along the gameboard as they answer questions such as "What are the four most important things in your life?" and "What do you think life will be like in 100 years?" Special spaces on the board invite players to share their thoughts and feelings on any subject, or ask another player a question of their own. Older versions will have little worlds like "Complaint Campsite" or "Chores Cabin"."

What I recall is solely a card 'deck' - no board or pieces or complex rules, or anything, very travel friendly.

Hope it helps!

Stop trying to impress, entertain, etc. In fact nonsense chatter is irritating. You move things along with actions not words. Do you go on dates regularly?

If there affection like holding hands, etc? You build rapport by doing things together. So out do stuff, go places, then talk about the movies, activity, whatever.

she could be my gf, we go out but the problem is that I don't entertain her in terms of my talking abilities.

I am not shy and neither is she. When we converse its going smooth but when it stops its just awkward.

I don't know how to proceed, thats the problem.

Her mindset is different and to this day I still get surprized by the way she's thinking, she's lazy, likes sleeping a lot, dislikes school, dislikes romance, doesn't wear makeup to dates or school and I could go on. Those are just her attributes, I don't judge her or anything but I can't figure out how to proceed here.

If she's just hanging back being lazy, withdrawn, etc. Why waste your time on this?

Unless you are joking, why try to 'proceed' at all. Run lazy, likes sleeping a lot, dislikes school, dislikes romance, doesn't wear makeup to dates or school and I could go on.

Why waste your time on this?

You don't know her, she also has a lot of positive attributes.

Besides her gorgeous looks, I love her personality - when she's in a good mood we're in a really good synergy. When we talk and she's looking at me smiling I just really don't care about her "negative" attributes. There are many more little things I like about her but it would just take too long to list them.

She is unique...I've had many crushes before but nothing like this one...this is by far the longest crush I had (almost two years). Before meeting her I started to work out to possibly attract her and I am now way above average in terms of muscular power, she is attracted but the problem is my personality - as I said I don't know how to proceed here since I have no experience in dating.

You should start being more selfish in your conversation, i.e., start talking about the things that you're interested in. Bring her into your world. If you find yourself just sitting there, start daydreaming and instead of keeping it in your head, start talking about it.

Archived