Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ❌Did i just get stood up????❌

LolaMilbank

Angry ❌Did i just get stood up????❌

A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how interesting i am and how he wanted to know more about me. So the feelings were mutual on continuing to get to know each other. We even spoke on the phone a few times. Then it got to the point of wanting to meet in person. We arranged a date, and that day came, but at the last minute he was unable to meet up. He acted very disappointed about not being able to meet and he seemed determined to plan another day, thats why I dont believe he purposely blew me off. So we plan another day. Well actually he brings up two seperate days, Monday or Tuesday. I said either day works for me so it doesnt matter and he said okay. So Sunday night roles around and i text him to make sure we are still able to meet Monday and he says yes and he specifies a time. Monday comes and i begin to get myself ready, expecting a text from him or something telling me he is on his way. He lives an hour away from me so i figured he was just driving when i never got a text. I decided not to text him though, because we had already talked, everything was still on from what we talked about the night before. Well i wait all day and i still dont get a text. Then tuesday comes and by then i expect to get a text by then but i didnt. Now it is Friday of the same week, and we still havent spoke. But he is active on social media, he likes my instagram posts and he views my snapchat stories. So what is the issue? Should i text him and pretend like he DIDNT just blow me off? Im curious to know what happened but i dont want to sound like I'm upset about it. Im just confused as to why i havent heard from him for a week. Any advice on how i should go about texting him?

greta96
    Do not text him, and yes you SHOULD be upset that he stood you up and didn't even bother to apologize! Why on earth would you pretend he didn't blow you off, when he did? Do you want to teach him that it's ok to treat you like nothing, and that you're desperate enough to still chase him afterwards? No girl...block him on social media and tell yourself "next"!

reinventmyself
    So Sunday night roles around and i text him to make sure we are still able to meet Monday and he says yes and he specifies a time. Monday comes and i begin to get myself ready, expecting a text from him or something telling me he is on his way. He lives an hour away from me so i figured he was just driving when i never got a text

So, you just didn't go?
    Why did you feel you needed so much reassurance? You confirmed the night before, correct?
    By the looks of it, you stood him up.

4. Thanks RainyCoast, mustlovedogs thanked for this post
    Blackchapter
    Maybe he's a catfish

LolaMilbank
    I did NOT stand him up. I wasnt going to go unless he texted me saying he was on his way.

LolaMilbank
    We snapchat all the time though lmao im positive hes not.

Raggie
    Bronze Member
    Hi there. Just so I understand... had you set a time and a place the night before?

reinventmyself
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMilbank [Register to see the link]
    I did NOT stand him up. I wasnt going to go unless he texted me saying he was on his way.
    But he can't read your mind.
    If that's the conditions you needed in order to go, then that was your choice. Be ok with it.

It doesn't mean he did anything wrong. For all you know he made the hour drive to find out you didn't bother to show up after you both confirmed it.

LolaMilbank
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggie [Register to see the link]
    Hi there. Just so I understand... had you set a time and a place the night before?
    Yes i texted him Sunday night to confirm that we were hanging out the next day which was Monday. He said yes and he gave me a plan of what he was doing. Something like, "yeah Monday works, ive just got to stop at my parents house in the morning and I'll head your way during the afternoon." and i said okay that sounds great.

LolaMilbank
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggie [Register to see the link]
    Quote Originally Posted by reinventmyself [Register to see the link]
    But he can't read your mind.
    If that's the conditions you needed in order to go, then that was your choice. Be ok with it.

It doesn't mean he did anything wrong. For all you know he made the hour drive to find out you didn't bother to show up after you both confirmed it.
    But it seems like i would have heard from him by now. I know for a fact he did not drive all the way here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
I Just Don't Get It
I've been seeing this guy for a few weeks now, things seemed to be going well. He lives 2 hours from me, so we've been meeting up in the
Why can't things be easy and consistent?
I started talking to a man I knew from years ago. We didn't date, we were just acquaintances. We reconnected recently and went for coffee. We both
Did I make the right decision?
Been out on 3 dates with this woman and I noticed that in between all of those dates, she never contacted me first whether it was text or phone
First date follow-up
Hello! So I had this great first date with a girl on Friday, I felt we had chemistry and we kissed a few times. Even though the date only lasted
4 Hour Date, No Contact Since
That's how long we lingered at the coffee shop. The conversation flowed, we giggled, fair amount of eye contact. We ended up closing the place
Have you Ever ghosted on a date? What would you do?
Okay so there's this girl I have only been out on 2 dates with so far over the span of roughly like 5 weeks (with 2 of those weeks being one where
How to navigate a tricky dating situation
I met this guy three times. And he's progressing things way too fast. Not sexually but romantically. In the one and half weeks we've known each other

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
The ex that wouldn't go away
I am engaged to the woman of my dreams. After a couple dates I told everyone I was going to marry her. She told her friends the same. My only hang up
Crying
IM A 63 YEAR OLD WOMAN ,and my life has turned upside down. I cry day and night. For some damn reason I'm lost , alone and just cant figure things
SO (girl of 23) doubting our relationship, won't let go of ex
So currently going through a very complicated situation with my SO. I started seeing this girl in November of last year, while she was still with
My friend has no life...No job and currently lives at home. At nearly 30
One of my very good friends has always been the impressionable type. When I encouraged her to have stronger boundaries, to be less passive and to
Ex is getting married
Hi, I went into no contact with my ex around 14 weeks ago. I had decided that there's nothing left for me to do or say that would bring her back to
Friendless and Lonely
Hi all, I've decided to turn to an online forum for advice on a current friendship issue. I want to say thank you in advance to those who take the
Swapping childcare, she stopped responding...
Background: I struggle with intimacy and relationships in general. Coming from abuse and neglect means I've always struggled with trusting others
Ask For Advice