Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ❌Did i just get stood up????❌

LolaMilbank

Angry ❌Did i just get stood up????❌

A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how interesting i am and how he wanted to know more about me. So the feelings were mutual on continuing to get to know each other. We even spoke on the phone a few times. Then it got to the point of wanting to meet in person. We arranged a date, and that day came, but at the last minute he was unable to meet up. He acted very disappointed about not being able to meet and he seemed determined to plan another day, thats why I dont believe he purposely blew me off. So we plan another day. Well actually he brings up two seperate days, Monday or Tuesday. I said either day works for me so it doesnt matter and he said okay. So Sunday night roles around and i text him to make sure we are still able to meet Monday and he says yes and he specifies a time. Monday comes and i begin to get myself ready, expecting a text from him or something telling me he is on his way. He lives an hour away from me so i figured he was just driving when i never got a text. I decided not to text him though, because we had already talked, everything was still on from what we talked about the night before. Well i wait all day and i still dont get a text. Then tuesday comes and by then i expect to get a text by then but i didnt. Now it is Friday of the same week, and we still havent spoke. But he is active on social media, he likes my instagram posts and he views my snapchat stories. So what is the issue? Should i text him and pretend like he DIDNT just blow me off? Im curious to know what happened but i dont want to sound like I'm upset about it. Im just confused as to why i havent heard from him for a week. Any advice on how i should go about texting him?

greta96
    Do not text him, and yes you SHOULD be upset that he stood you up and didn't even bother to apologize! Why on earth would you pretend he didn't blow you off, when he did? Do you want to teach him that it's ok to treat you like nothing, and that you're desperate enough to still chase him afterwards? No girl...block him on social media and tell yourself "next"!

reinventmyself
    So Sunday night roles around and i text him to make sure we are still able to meet Monday and he says yes and he specifies a time. Monday comes and i begin to get myself ready, expecting a text from him or something telling me he is on his way. He lives an hour away from me so i figured he was just driving when i never got a text

So, you just didn't go?
    Why did you feel you needed so much reassurance? You confirmed the night before, correct?
    By the looks of it, you stood him up.

Blackchapter
    Maybe he's a catfish

LolaMilbank
    I did NOT stand him up. I wasnt going to go unless he texted me saying he was on his way.

LolaMilbank
    We snapchat all the time though lmao im positive hes not.

Raggie
    Bronze Member
    Hi there. Just so I understand... had you set a time and a place the night before?

reinventmyself
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMilbank [Register to see the link]
    I did NOT stand him up. I wasnt going to go unless he texted me saying he was on his way.
    But he can't read your mind.
    If that's the conditions you needed in order to go, then that was your choice. Be ok with it.

It doesn't mean he did anything wrong. For all you know he made the hour drive to find out you didn't bother to show up after you both confirmed it.

LolaMilbank
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggie [Register to see the link]
    Hi there. Just so I understand... had you set a time and a place the night before?
    Yes i texted him Sunday night to confirm that we were hanging out the next day which was Monday. He said yes and he gave me a plan of what he was doing. Something like, "yeah Monday works, ive just got to stop at my parents house in the morning and I'll head your way during the afternoon." and i said okay that sounds great.

LolaMilbank
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggie [Register to see the link]
    Quote Originally Posted by reinventmyself [Register to see the link]
    But he can't read your mind.
    If that's the conditions you needed in order to go, then that was your choice. Be ok with it.

It doesn't mean he did anything wrong. For all you know he made the hour drive to find out you didn't bother to show up after you both confirmed it.
    But it seems like i would have heard from him by now. I know for a fact he did not drive all the way here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
Is it really none of my business?
So I've been seeing this guy on and off for 3 years, the last time we hung out I asked him out of curiousity, who was the last girl he slept with
The rejection text 😔
Eugh. Finally meet a lovely guy. Things seem to be going well and we go on lots of lovely dates. He's communicative and just generally lovely. And
Why do we pick people who don't want us?
I have an issue picking men to date who are either emotionally unavailable or trying to play around until they come back to me. They show signs that
Fantastic date, but cause for concern?
Had a fantastic date the other night. Met someone who ticks all that I want with a girl, but obviously trying not to get my hopes up too soon. We
Dating a single mom
Hello ena patrons... I'm in need of perspective. I've been seeing a single mom for about a year now. There's a bit of a long-distance thing with
Where did I screw up here? Is there any chance with her?
I met a great girl a little over a month ago online. We sent messages back and forth for a week (every day) before finally meeting up. When we met
Does this guy like me?
So I feel very confused. This guy started at my work a few months ago. He is my co-workers student intern. I didn't look twice at him, assuming he

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice