My dad was the executer of my grandma's estate...

My grandma died 6 years ago, it's safe to say she died a millionaire or pretty close to it. My dad was the executor. I recently found out that after my grandma's death, my dad presented some papers to my sister, and basically pointed to the dotted line and told her to sign, she said he gave her some reason that made no sense to her, but she didn't question him. My sister always does what he says without questioning him, he was always her #1 bully and tries to please him. I'm not suprised that she didn't read what she is signed considering he standing over her. My sister recently told me about this and asked me what it could've REALLY been that she signed. I'm not sure as I've never been an executer, but I'm guessing my grandma left her some money and my dad has her sign it over to him? Can an executer do something like that? Aside from asking my dad, can my sister find out what she signed off on without my dad finding out that she is investigating? She isn't going to take him to court or anything line that, I think she just wants to know for closure.

It's hard to answer since she didn't actually read when she signed.

Yeah. But just that fact that she had to sign anything suggests to me that she was left something. The excuse he gave her was something ridiculous, something like he needed a witness to sign after what he just signed. My sister had to sign, date and put her SSN on this mystery document.

Annie, I'm sure his siblings got a fair share of the pie and he would know better than to screw then out of anything. I'm not sure if they had to sign anything, but they likely did to receive their share. I did not have to sign anything. My grandma and I were close but my sister and my grandma were like bff's.

My grandma died 6 years ago, it's safe to say she died a millionaire or pretty close to it. My dad was the executor. I recently found out that after my grandma's death, my dad presented some papers to my sister, and basically pointed to the dotted line and told her to sign, she said he gave her some reason that made no sense to her, but she didn't question him. My sister always does what he says without questioning him, he was always her #1 bully and tries to please him. I'm not suprised that she didn't read what she is signed considering he standing over her. My sister recently told me about this and asked me what it could've REALLY been that she signed. I'm not sure as I've never been an executer, but I'm guessing my grandma left her some money and my dad has her sign it over to him? Can an executer do something like that? Aside from asking my dad, can my sister find out what she signed off on without my dad finding out that she is investigating? She isn't going to take him to court or anything line that, I think she just wants to know for closure.

You wouldn't need a S.S. for transferring money. Was there a will or trust? You should request the doc. I handled my father's estate (took 2.5 years) , I never put my social on any documents. That doesn't make any sense.

I would be concerned about loans or other credit issues.

Why again can't she just ask him for a copy? Kinda cruddy if she's involving you because she can't speak up for herself.

Ask my dad for a copy?? World War III would begin. He's a very scary person when he is upset. And this would upset him! Hence the reason my sister is just programmed to do what he says. She's not really involving me in anything. She isn't going to pursue this legally or broach anything with him. Some recent red flags started waving to her about my dad, and then she remembered this. she just wants to know if her own dad could really be so deceptive and greedy. But honestly, she'll probably never find out the truth. If he did anything deceptive, he'll have to answer for it someday.

Ask my dad for a copy?? World War III would begin. He's a very scary person when he is upset. .

If your sister signed because she felt bullied or intimidated, it could be regarded as signing under duress. Find the lawyer concerned, find out what was actually signed.

Getting the impression that you father isn't the nicest of people, no offense. Get a copy of what was signed, this is your sisters legal right. If something has occurred that is unjust, get legal advise.

If your sister signed because she felt bullied or intimidated, it could be regarded as signing under duress. Find the lawyer concerned, find out what was actually signed.

Getting the impression that you father isn't the nicest of people, no offense. Get a copy of what was signed, this is your sisters legal right. If something has occurred that is unjust, get legal advise.

She absolutely signed because she felt pressured (according to her). I don't think there is any way of finding out who the Atty was without asking dad. My aunt and uncle would not be any help and they'd tell him that my sister was questioning them about who the Atty was.

What was her age when she signed, and did she do it in front of a notary?

Applying her social security number might indicate that he may have designated her as a beneficiary of something, but the best way to find out how to navigate this question would be to seek legal advice.

Archived