Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I didnt know this was cheating until i saw how much it hurt him

imperfect123

I didnt know this was cheating until i saw how much it hurt him

So my boyfriend and I have been together 8 months. It's been pretty close to perfect over all until last weekend. We trusted each other before this where we would allow each other to go out with our friends to bars and clubs alone. We never went through each others phones or social media. When ever we had disagreements we talked them through. Rarely yelled never cussed or insulted each other. Both were quick to say sorry and rememdy mistakes.
    So saturday night we went out to the club for his cousins bday with his friends. We were drinking before getting to the club so I was tipsy. We get inside he uses the bathroom and i go get myself a drink while at the bar an older guy offers to buy my drink. I accept and proceed to chit chat with him. My boyfriend comes as he is buying me my drink and i tell my boyfriend "shhh hes buying me a drink" yes i know mistake number 2 i really wasnt thinking, then he walks away and then the guy ask me for my number ao i give it to him. I know big big mistake number 3. Granted ive flirted to get guys to buy drinks and have given my number out before however with no intention of talking to them again. Nor do they even contact me and if they do i block them. So honestly in my head i knew it started and ended with a drink therefore no harm no foul. Longstory short we fought made up then fought again the next day i apologized, but he says i might as well should have slept with him. My boyfriend is highly upset and hurt and i am sincerely sorry and ow understand i crossed the line and would never do it again. It's been a few days but he is treating it like I cheated, and is saying he doesn't know what he wants. Im giving him space but some moments hes texrkng me happy then hes giving me the spanish inquisitoo and putting me down for what i did. All i do is apologize and reassure him i wont do it again. I want this to work i love him dearly and never meant to hurt him. Im not sure what else to do.
    We have plans to get married even set a date and created budgets to buy a house and have a wedding. I told him marriage isnt a walk in the park and there will be times where i mess up and he messes up but we have to work together to move forward and come out stronger. Of course he understood and agreed to so this before the storm came but now it seems like he is going to throw in the towel. I know if it was the other way around i'd be hurt too but i wouldnt use it as grounds to give up on the relationship especially when it showed so much promise.

mustlovedogs
    Your flirting isn't good, regardless of if you consider it cheating or not.

But I take more offense that you use men so liberally. You fake flirt to get free drinks? You give out your number to these poor guys who think they have a chance? That's awful. Do you realize that's manipulative and mean? Do you realize you're using them?

You're the kind of person men complain about. Do you get that?

By the way - I'm a female. Not some scorned guy.

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by imperfect123 [Register to see the link]
    i go get myself a drink while at the bar an older guy offers to buy my drink. I accept and proceed to chit chat with him. My boyfriend comes as he is buying me my drink and i tell my boyfriend "shhh hes buying me a drink" yes i know mistake number 2 i really wasnt thinking, then he walks away and then the guy ask me for my number so i give it to him. I know big big mistake number 3. Granted ive flirted to get guys to buy drinks and have given my number out before

My boyfriend is highly upset and hurt
    I can totally understand why he is highly upset and hurt. What I find concerning is the fact that you flirt with guys to get them to buy you drinks and give them your number ...when you are already in a relationship. Really? You don't think this is crossing the line and very disrespectful to your boyfriend and your relationship? Would you be happy for him to do the same and hand out his number to strange women at the bar?

I say the best thing you can do is give him space. Hopefully you'll learn from this.

4. Thanks mustlovedogs, Hollyj, limichelle thanked for this post
    LHGirl
    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs [Register to see the link]

But I take more offense that you use men so liberally. You fake flirt to get free drinks? You give out your number to these poor guys who think they have a chance? That's awful. Do you realize that's manipulative and mean? Do you realize you're using them?

You're the kind of person men complain about. Do you get that?

By the way - I'm a female. Not some scorned guy.
    I'm female too, and I'm highly offended at the way you use men to buy you drinks. And brush it off to your boyfriend like it's no big deal.

Let's turn this scenario around: Some girl posts that her boyfriend was buying another girl a drink. And tries to defend this by saying he does this all the time, it's no big deal.
    This entire board would be slamming him, and telling her to leave him.

I don't blame your boyfriend for being upset. This is how you treat the man you want to marry?

6. Thanks mustlovedogs, Capricorn3, Hollyj, limichelle thanked for this post
    shellyf62
    Wow, just wow.
    I cant believe how corrupt your moral compass is.
    Using single guys to buy you drinks when you are almost engaged.
    You should be ashamed.

8. Thanks Hollyj, limichelle thanked for this post
    Seymore
    My ex asked a guy she knew I didn't like to buy her a drink - right in front of me, then got mad at me when I got upset. Turn the roles around. How would you like it? I doubt you would. Then imagine your bf getting mad at you for getting upset with him for asking a girl to buy him a drink. Feel good?

10. Thanks Hollyj, limichelle thanked for this post
    j.man
    This is either a troll or a sociopath.

12. Thanks mustlovedogs, Hollyj, limichelle thanked for this post
    imperfect123

I feel horrible i do i used to be a heartless person and changed so much for him. I ed up. I really didnt realize how horrible this was. I know ill never forget this lesson but i want him back. I support him financially i take care of his kid like he is my own i cook clean laundry everything i dont text or talk on the phone or so anything of the sort. I get it im a horrible person.
    I made a mistake and have owned it since hit the fan and i continue to own it and apologize. I just want to know how to be better and how to fix it.

14. 05-18-2017, 11:18 PM
    Reason
    Duplicate

mustlovedogs
    Changing for the future won't change the past. If your boyfriend wants to forgive you he will. If not, this will end.

It doesn't matter that you're supporting him. That doesn't give you a pass to treat him poorly.

16. Thanks limichelle thanked for this post
    Capricorn3
    OP, may I ask, how old are you?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
OMG he has a wedding date.
All, A couple of years ago, I dated a guy. There were things that were amazing but also horrible. A little over a year ago, we reconnected. He
Online sexual chatting
Hi I am a female (23) and I've been with my partner (26) for 3 years now. About a year into our relationship, while helping him to find a missing
My husband made and posted a video while I slept in the next room
Hi all, This is my first time posting on a forum like this but I just didn't know where else to turn. My parents would kill my husband and I
I slept with my married ex boyfriend please read. I feel torn.
Hi. I've been friends with my ex boyfriend for a while and we decided to sleep together. I first said no and he said he was crying for hours over me
Whats worse? My ex and I want to know.
Okay so I kissed a girl on the lips when I was 18 two years when drunk. Then In ibiza last summer I again got drunk and two girls came onto to me
help! in a long term relationship but don't know what to do
So im in a long term relationship with 2 children, for the first 10 years it was good had ups & downs like any couple but the last 4 years my partner
Baby daddy vs forever friend
Please, I need an unbiased opinion. I'm stuck. A friend I've had for 20 years (grew up together, not so close now) has recently decided to inform my

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Where do you draw the line? GF's and guy friends
[SIZE=3][FONT=Helvetica]Hey guys, need some quick help on this one. Please help [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Yesterday my GF says
OMG he has a wedding date.
All, A couple of years ago, I dated a guy. There were things that were amazing but also horrible. A little over a year ago, we reconnected. He
HELPPP!!! Boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue
hi. REALLY REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE AND HELP. my boyfriend recently broke up with me out of the blue and we were dating for 2.5 years. everything was
Why does this bother me so much?
Hey guys. So gf of 7 years has left me for another guy again long story short and some of you know the long. So I did the unhealthy habit of looking
My girlfriend of 3 years just told me she is polyamorous
I have no idea how to feel about it. She assured me she didn't want to force it on me and could live monogamously with me but the thought of
Dealing with inconsiderate, selfish people from dawn till dusk.
Not sure if this is posted in the right place, but here it is. Lately my life seems to be about dealing with people who are inconsiderate. From
Toxic relationship // venting
Sometimes writing everything out helps me get a better understanding of certain situations. I'm sorry for the long post, I do want some advice, but
Ask For Advice