Sister is leaving

My sister is leaving to be with her boyfriend and moving to another state right after graduation. She is 18 and is going to join the navy.

I don't think she should move with him just yet I would like her to stay till she gets into basic. I know she is 18 and techncaly she is an adult. The only problem is she hasn't told her dad.

All hell would break loose at graduation.

I am right to stop her is there something I could do. Heck I will buy her the Ticket to move with her boyfriend if only she would stay till she got into basic.

Could use some help or advice.

her boyfriend is 22.

I know she is 18 and techncaly she is an adult.
This is what you remind yourself.

I joined the Army and even deployed without telling my mother. To this day, there's a void in trust due to it, so of course I think it's a big mistake for her not to inform her father (assuming she's not justifiably afraid of some sort of repercussion). Hopefully she'll do the right thing sooner than later, even if by letter from basic.

How old are you? What does "all hell will break loose" mean?

It is difficult for us to give you advice without fully understanding your family dynamic. However, if it were me, I would tell your parents.

It has nothing to do with being a snitch, jealous, or whatever she may say in anger. If your parents are going to be upset, there is a good reason. And yes, she is way too young to be making such an expensive, drastic move.

Sure she's an adult by law. You can start driving at 16 too - but it will be a cold day in hell if I ever get into a car with a 16 year old driver again lol.

If your parents put a stop to it now, she may thank you for it in the future.

Other than dealing with sister directly, maybe offering some kind of bribe with something she might want from me if she'll stick around, I'd stay out of it. I'd let sis deal with your parents and leave her the ick job of 'splaining to them her own intentions.

Archived