How should I handle this? Help please??

xcookie7x

So a guy with mutual friends friend requested me on Facebook. Soon after, private messaged me. He started to message me every day saying "good morning beautiful and eventually opened up about how he has feelings for me and adores my personality. He'd make jokes about being my boyfriend. And opened up about how he gets rejected often, nobody will date him in his town, being lonely, and hinting he's looking for a girlfriend, mentioning how maybe we could try dating when we meet..

He also asked to call. That became a frequent thing. His parents grew to know me by name and I became familiar with his family. theyd tease him on the phone saying i'm his gf. We'd also video chat. And his brother saw me and said "is that her?" to which he said yes. He also randomly gave me his netflix family account telling me to make my very own profile. The only other profiles were his brother, brothers fiance, and himself.

It hit 5 months of us talking. and him saying "when i come see you.." many times, all never actually happening.. i'd bring it up. he promised he was coming and work had crazy hours (which i can attest was true however i do realize he still had days off.) he told his friends about me. coworkers and family.. then, i brought up saying "hey, look i really like you. i talk to you more than anyone else. did you ever want to come see me? i know work can be busy with hours and everything. i want to make sure we're on the same page." which he replied, "of course i do. work has been killing me. i'm going to try to take a vacation soon, i'll let you know asap!" and continued to talk into that night until he asleep.

so, the next morning he didn't say good morning. i patiently waited. it turned into two days, then five. since he's never gone more than a single day without saying hi in the five months we'd been talking i sent a message saying "hey i miss talking to you. you doing okay?" .. no reply... he has not unfriended me or blocked me. it's been a week and a half now. he has never even opened my messages to read them, let alone reply. however he has been on facebook (says he's online)...i checked his facebook and nothing indicates he's been dating another girl with heavy interest, or at all for that matter. his posts barely have any likes and some don't even have any at all.. he's always given me the impression he's a little anti social and super nerdy/awkward. just from how he talks. what should i do? is it possible he will come back? i've kept dating. but truthfully our personalities meshed so well. i haven't had chemistry like i've had with him in a very long time. i really wanted to at least have a chance. it hurts. i still have voicemails he left me when he knew my grandma was in the hospital. we are both 24 yrs old.

p.s. also he never was sexual or asked for naked pics so it's not like he got what he wanted and just dropped me.

Archived