Do you believe in the compatibility of horoscopes ?

Vicky89

What sign are you and your partner ?

Before I never even took notice of horoscope signs, but here recently I've been reading up on mine and I find that it describes me perfectly.

I dated a guy and his sign described him perfectly too, but together our signs were not compatible and funny thing is, as people we were not compatible

and brought out the worst in each other. The only thing we had that was good was the sex, which was exactly what the horoscopes said we had in common !

LOL. Maybe it was just a coincidence ?

Anyways, how much stock ( if any at all) do you place on horoscopes for compatibility ?

The love of my life (Selena... RIP) has the same sign as Adolf Hitler. So not at all. I read compatibility at face value and act accordingly.

Though I will say it's mostly a harmless hobby and I'm not someone who feels the need to play it down for kicks. Only time I take issue is when I hear a lady complaining about being single for the 15th time and she's gotta bring her horoscope into it. Then it's annoying.

I think it's fun to read about but not to make life decisions over

All of my partners except one have been compatible with me (pisces), but still ended up breaking up. Sooo...

It helps you to look at other things in your natal chart for compatibility than just your sun sign BTW!

So basically, I can have the horoscope thing as a hobby of sorts, but don't bother to take it seriously ?

and here I thought I was on to something !

They're too vague. Here's one for Taurus: "When it comes to making decision, you may be pulled between heart and mind." Who doesn't have to make decisions just about every day?

I mean everyone has free will, so basically you can believe it as much as you want to.

They're too vague. Here's one for Taurus: "When it comes to making decision, you may be pulled between heart and mind." Who doesn't have to make decisions just about every day?

I mean everyone has free will, so basically you can believe it as much as you want to.

That is extremely vague and can apply to anyone.

But the description of the overall personality of each sign is pretty on point. It described mine right on the money.

There's also Chinese horoscopes and that's pretty detailed too.

I don't know, maybe am grabbing at straws here based on the coincidence of my last relationship....

As a statistician, I can see the possibilities in it when groups of data fall in a certain way it can tend to suggest certain things.

As a romantic, I like the idea of it and the possitive vibes a lot of astrology websites push for matches of certain signs.

As a realist, people are just not as black and white as astrology would suggest.

So, as the Jman has said, it's fun as a hobby, but I don't live my life by it.

Superstition could rule out a lot of otherwise compatible people or try to force incompatible situations based on kismet, fate, etc.

Huge disservice to yourself to not open your mind and see for yourself what someone is really about rather than make assumptions based on fitting everyone in to one of 12 'types'.

I dated a guy and his sign described him perfectly too, but together our signs were not compatible and funny thing is, as people we were not compatible and brought out the worst in each other.

I don't believe in horoscopes but!. I've removed the lens in my juija board. Ever since people have been sticking there privates thru it. So I'm a believer. No meaningful relation ships have developed though. Plus I put a ragu lid over it. But people keep trying to get thru still and the rattling keeps me up at night. I'll try duct tape.

It's a coincidence. None of my zodiac sign stuff has ever matched anything or anyone in my life. Not even the Chinese zodiac, which says I'm married to the very sign I should be enemies with. And yet it is the best relationship of my life.

It's a fun little parlor trick to read horoscopes and all that, but it's entertainment only. If we could predict people by the stars don't you think the human race would be a wee tad more advanced instead of one step shy of our primitive ancestors? I mean we have TV and cars, but we still have war and murder and cheating and addictions and bad TV and poor fashion sense.

No horoscoping anywhere seems to have fixed any of that, or anything else like drug addictions, interpersonal relationships and the like, so to me it's pointless anyways. Give me something I see that people can really use that will make a difference in civilization and matter and I might pay attention.

The thing is there is A LOT more to astrology than just one's sun sign.

There is the moon, your ascendant, venus, mars ALL of which effect one's personality (to a degree I think one's personality is a combination of variables, not just where certain stars and planets were placed when you were born). Your environment plays a role as well as if you are first born, middle, youngest or only child.

Anyway, as an example, my sun is in Cancer BUT my moon is in Gemini. I am also a "middle" child which adds a whole n'other set of factors into the equation.

Because Cancer is ruled by the moon, and my moon is in Gemini, Gemini plays an even more important role than my sun sign!

Although I DO have many Cancer traits, emotional, SENSITIVE, a homebody (introvert), perceptive, I am also very much a Gemini which is a more cerebral sign. Very changeable, mutable, independent, and free-spirited, and dare I say even a bit detached at times..... which describes me to a TEE.

I think (no I KNOW) I confuse (frustrate!) a lot of people (men I date!) with my changeable nature and the duality of my personality.

My step-sister is also a Cancer but she is COMPLETELY different from me. HER moon is in Cancer (double Cancer).

You need to look at all the planets (not just where the sun was placed when you were born) if you're going to put any stock into astrology and how it affects your personality.

The thing is there is A LOT more to astrology than just one's sun sign.

There is the moon, your ascendant, venus, mars ALL of which effect one's personality (to a degree I think one's personality is a combination of variables, not just where certain stars and planets were placed when you were born). Your environment plays a role as well as if you are first born, middle, youngest or only child.

Anyway, as an example, my sun is in Cancer BUT my moon is in Gemini. I am also a "middle" child which adds a whole n'other set of factors into the equation.

Because Cancer is ruled by the moon, and my moon is in Gemini, Gemini plays an even more important role than my sun sign!

Although I DO have many Cancer traits, emotional, SENSITIVE, a homebody (introvert), perceptive, I am also very much a Gemini which is a more cerebral sign. Very changeable, mutable, independent, and free-spirited, and dare I say even a bit detached at times..... which describes me to a TEE.

I think (no I KNOW) I confuse (frustrate!) a lot of people (men I date!) with my changeable nature and the duality of my personality.

My step-sister is also a Cancer but she is COMPLETELY different from me. HER moon is in Cancer (double Cancer).

You need to look at all the planets (not just where the sun was placed when you were born) if you're going to put any stock into astrology and how it affects your personality.

Well, this just got interesting, there is so much to read up on !

and after looking up more into it, it still describes me to a tee

Not at all, I think it's a load of BS.

I second this. Apparently, according to "the stars" my hubby and I are the worst match possible. A colleague I worked with had the worst relationship ever ... but according to "the stars", they were the best match. Guess we proved them wrong. I could go on and on and on with examples, but no need. I don't believe in it.

Archived