Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Lessons Learned Thread" Post the best lessons from your worst heartbreaks!

Mine's a little different.

If something feels off with everyone and everything around you, it's not everything and everyone. It's you. Pay attention and figure it out, because otherwise you'll lose the most important thing: yourself. And once you've lost yourself, you're on the fast track to losing that everything and everyone.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villian" (is what she has convinced me).

My personal reflection would be:

"A man chooses, a slave obeys" (I chose to help her out and chose to do what we wanted to with our life. In the end, she would obey friends/family before us).
    When you encounter red flags/red lights, don't blow right through them.... despite the history & time you have together.

Physical attraction, shared interests and activities are all wonderful, but unless you share the same values it isn't going to work in the long term.
    Best advice ever.

Also... If someone abuses you (physically and emotionally) don't think they won't do it again. Don't give them a next time.

- Action does indeed speak louder than words.

- signs the end is near are there way before the actual end. No sense in ignoring them.

- I learnt talk about my feelings, good or bad.. without being ashamed
    - you cant control others actions- Dont blame others for not doing this and that.
    - Avoid people who likes drama
    - recognize lies, tricks.. people who cant commit
    - being clingy

What I did not yet learn (but working on it)
    - have some healthy boundaries (some I do have, some are weak..)
    - dont take things personal
    - assertivness (emotions, emotions, emotions... )
    - patience (everything must be solved now)

- When you're heartbroken force your self to get out of your cave and be with the people who always love you, be that friends or family. If that's not possible force yourself to go out and interact with people. Feelings will slowly start following your actions.

- Some people might seem right for you in every way, but remember that if you two are not together it's because it's not meant to be. If you were meant to each other you'd be together

- Never use others to sooth your emotional pain

- Remember that most of the times you miss the fantasy you created and not the person itself

- Never say "I'd never do that" or see them as evil people out there to get you. Not everything is about you. Each person has their path, their choices and their history and we need to respect that.

- Cherish the good moments because life is made of ups and downs. You'll feel pain and fear too, but that's part of the human experience.

- Do your best to at least try to forgive the ones who hurt you, even if you don't want to see them ever again. Do it for yourself, for your peace and for the lessons you'll learn.

Bronze Member
    Rachel
    "I learned that emotional distance is intolerable to me and that I need complete transparency in my relationships."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice