Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does a site exist?

[/QUOTE] And of course you'd have the practical reason of men who want more than one child especially need to choose someone whose biological clock isn't ticking and if they are in their 40s and want that it likely won't work with a woman the same age.[/QUOTE]

Someone failed to inform Chris Hemsworth I am always saddened reading that argument perpetuated, especially when it's by women. Once again it's approaching women/people as numbers/breeding animals rather than multidimensional individuals. Plus, science has largely narrowed that biologic gap. Imo, that argument contains a large dose of a double standard stemming from the past in our day and age.

Originally Posted by Clio
    And of course you'd have the practical reason of men who want more than one child especially need to choose someone whose biological clock isn't ticking and if they are in their 40s and want that it likely won't work with a woman the same age.
    Someone failed to inform Chris Hemsworth I am always saddened reading that argument perpetuated, especially when it's by women. Once again it's approaching women/people as numbers/breeding animals rather than multidimensional individuals. Plus, science has largely narrowed that biologic gap. Imo, that argument contains a large dose of a double standard stemming from the past in our day and age.[/QUOTE]
    Thank you.

It's surprising how many men and women don't actually want children. It's used to shame women too.

Platinum Member
    And of course you'd have the practical reason of men who want more than one child especially need to choose someone whose biological clock isn't ticking and if they are in their 40s and want that it likely won't work with a woman the same age.[/QUOTE]

Someone failed to inform Chris Hemsworth I am always saddened reading that argument perpetuated, especially when it's by women. Once again it's approaching women/people as numbers/breeding animals rather than multidimensional individuals. Plus, science has largely narrowed that biologic gap. Imo, that argument contains a large dose of a double standard stemming from the past in our day and age.[/QUOTE]

No, it has not narrowed the gap other than in the case of egg freezing technology to a certain extent. Old eggs are old eggs. Certainly surrogacy and adoption is more widely available but a woman's eggs age, technology can test the risks perhaps especially after pregnancy but it hasn't helped older women have full term pregnancies with their own eggs where the technology somehow refreshes the woman's own eggs.

I think it's totally fine for a man who wants biological children from his wife to prioritize finding someone whose age is consistent with that goal. Not a double standard -just biology and the realities of family planning. My being a woman doesn't make it worse or better to write about that -in fact it might make it better since I had the larger brunt of that reality when I was dating in my mid-late 30s.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Ellatynemouth
    Because those men are hard to find. Most dating sites that have younger men looking for older cater for men looking for casual sex.

I get lots of younger after me.. But they are only after sex. Nothing else.
    Right - for you personally I can see where you want what you want. I was asking how you thought just by finding someone to date who meets your age requirements that you'd somehow be supporting a societal change in a double standard you see. That connection I did not see from just dating someone.

I wouldn't do dating sites if there are none right now or if they're geared to casual sex. I would get involved in activities you like to do where you meet all sorts of people and where the activity attracts a large variety of ages - like volunteering in backstage community theater, or swing dancing lessons, a hiking group, etc. And if you connect with people and feel comfortable you can appropriately ask if they know any younger men looking for older women. You might also consult a dating agency or matchmaker.

Platinum Member
    No one asks Mick - "why don't you choose someone your own age?".

Look at him. He looks horrible. It's obvious why his current woman is with him. (Money and fame.)

Turn the tables and a huge issue is being made of Emmanuel Macron's wife being 24 years older. The press are obsessed with it. It's a huge double standard and I will call it out.
    But you just answered your own question: despite how bad Mick looks, he has money (bazillions) and fame (trillions).

And while yes, it's a huge double standard, it does exist.

I was on POF, and like you, I got a lot of 21 year-olds who wanted an older woman for sex. Many said they wanted a relationship, but come on. Then, POF put in place the 14 year age-gap rule, and it stopped.

However, I don't believe that other sites have this: OKC, Tinder, Match, etc.

You're not wrong for wanting what you want. It's just more of a needle in a haystack type of thing.

BTW, my sister is 8 years older than her husband. He's super cute, and all the young girls wanted him, but there was something about her, for him. 15+ years and 2 kids later, still going strong.

Platinum Member
    My friend married in her early 40s to someone 10 years younger, 8 years ago. Great marriage, two kids (they met through salsa dancing).

Here's a review of the top rated ones 11 Best Cougar Dating Sites[/URL]
    Is there a dating site (especially a free one) that caters for younger men seeking older women as their lifetime partner?

I do find it a little odd to be so focused on age. I've dated a couple of older women in my time, but it was more just a case of we met and hit off and she happened to be older and I happened to be younger. If either of them had ever told me that they weren't attracted to men theirs own age it would have really weirded me out and made me see them as kind of immature and shallow.

I'm not saying you are either of those things; that would have just been my perception. You are an adult who is allowed to like what you like and go for what you want. If I were you I'd avoid the "cougar" specific sites because you are likely to be completely fetishized on them. I'd just do one of the "standard" (not POF obviously) apps, set your parameters, and look for what you want. Your best bet is probably with a guy who isn't necessarily looking for an older woman but just happens to find you interesting and attractive.

10. 05-14-2017, 05:43 PM

11. 05-14-2017, 05:46 PM

Platinum Member
    Years ago I worked at an athletic club. There was this HUGE scandal involving a 32 year old woman who was married to one of the racquetball instructors having an affair with an 18 year old trainer who worked at the club. A couple of months into the affair she became pregnant by the 18 year old. The 18 year old told me he was working her out extra hard trying to cause her to miscarry. She did end up miscarrying and soon afterward was taken to the ER by ambulance because she'd tried to commit suicide.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster, no?

Well, today the former 32 year old woman and 18 year old man are celebrating 18 years of marriage. They didn't have children together but obviously she divorced her husband and married the former 18 year old. He is on social media (he's somewhat of a local celebrity now) frequently praising his "beautiful" wife. He takes her on wonderful trips and treats her like a queen.

So, yeah, sometimes it does work out.

My friend, however, married a man 10 years younger than her. About 8 years into the marriage he started lying about his age and having affairs with very young women (one of them was 20 years old while my friend was in her mid-40s at that time). He wanted a 22 year old girlfriend, not a wife in her mid-40s. So he cheated and my friend was eventually forced to divorce him due to his numerous affairs with young women.

So, yeah, sometimes it doesn't work out.

I'm ed then basically

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice