Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does a site exist?

Ellatynemouth

Does a site exist?

Is there a dating site (especially a free one) that caters for younger men seeking older women as their lifetime partner?

Plenty of Fish imposes an arbitrary age gap cap of 14 years' difference and most other sites are 'cougar' sites which focus on casual sex only.

I know of a few couples where the woman is older and the man is younger and they are happy together but none of the couples met through an online dating site.

Clio
    Why would you want more than 14 years? It sounds counterintuitive to finding a lifetime partner. You are seeking for a small demographic so the chances for a site targeting it specifically seem small to me. Have you also tried okcupid, badoo etc? Do the same restrictions apply?

Ellatynemouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Clio [Register to see the link]
    Why would you want more than 14 years? It sounds counterintuitive to finding a lifetime partner. You are seeking for a small demographic so the chances for a site targeting it specifically seem small to me. Have you also tried okcupid, badoo etc? Do the same restrictions apply?
    Since my best friend is happily married to a woman 17 years his senior and a friend's brother has been happily married to a woman 20 years his senior, (for over 20 years) ... And since I'm not attracted to men my own age... And since men have been choosing radically younger women without being challenged for hundreds of years, I've decided that's what I want too.

The sites you mentioned don't cater for people this situation unfortunately.

Clio
    Fair enough. However, what you describe tend to be exceptions in my experience, regardless of the genders involved. I doubt that your friends went specifically looking for someone much older/younger. Focusing on age as a number so much sounds counterproductive to me as it may lead to dismissing/ overlooking important red flags.

5. Thanks LaHermes thanked for this post
    Ellatynemouth
    Fair enough. However, what you describe tend to be exceptions in my experience, regardless of the genders involved. I doubt that your friends went specifically looking for someone much older/younger. Focusing on age as a number so much sounds counterproductive to me
    You could say that Mick Jagger etc and they would laugh.

Clio
    Mick Jagger is not an ordinary man. Are you Elizabeth Taylor or Jennifer Lopez? These are very unique people/exceptions. Mick Jagger is a multimillionaire music genius. He has things going for him that the average man doesn't. My comment is not motivarted by a gender double standard. It's about odds and what is realistically achievable for most people. Anyway, sorry for not being able to answer your question. Good luck with your quest!

8. Thanks LaHermes, thealchemist, SherrySher, glitterfingers thanked for this post
    Ellatynemouth
    Mick Jagger is not an ordinary man. Are you Elizabeth Taylor or Jennifer Lopez? Mick Jagger is a multimillionaire music genius. He has things going for him that the average man doesn't. This is not about the gender double standard at all. It's about odds and what is realistically achievable for most people.
    This is a huge gender double standard. No one asks Mick - "why don't you choose someone your own age?".

Look at him. He looks horrible. It's obvious why his current woman is with him. (Money and fame.)

Turn the tables and a huge issue is being made of Emmanuel Macron's wife being 24 years older. The press are obsessed with it. It's a huge double standard and I will call it out.

Clio
    I agree with there being a double standard and I don't like it either. However, I think that when one focuses on the age number and appearance rather than the qualities of the person as a whole, the end result is liable to end in unhappiness and incompatibility regardless of genders. I would prioritize finding compatibility and happiness over strictly external qualities/trying to prove some point and that goes for both genders.
    Last edited by Clio; 05-13-2017 at 06:13 AM.

11. Thanks LaHermes, itsallgrand thanked for this post
    Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Why try to change what you see as a double standard by dating? I would think if you wanted this as your cause you'd want to have more of an objective role -maybe educating/informing men why you think it's a double standard? And of course you'd have the practical reason of men who want more than one child especially need to choose someone whose biological clock isn't ticking and if they are in their 40s and want that it likely won't work with a woman the same age.

Ellatynemouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    Why try to change what you see as a double standard by dating? I would think if you wanted this as your cause you'd want to have more of an objective role -maybe educating/informing men why you think it's a double standard? And of course you'd have the practical reason of men who want more than one child especially need to choose someone whose biological clock isn't ticking and if they are in their 40s and want that it likely won't work with a woman the same age.
    Because those men are hard to find. Most dating sites that have younger men looking for older cater for men looking for casual sex.

I get lots of younger after me.. But they are only after sex. Nothing else.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
The 21 year Gap
So my boyfriend is 21 years older than me. I just turned 27 and he is 48. I've heard all my life how mature I am and I got bored with my generation

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
College DRAMA??
*** This is the very FIRST WEEK ***College" as in NOT university- We're all 18 (ish) and live with parents**** Basically, the majority of the
Rude?
I took a girl out for dinner and drinks and didn't get a thank you. And was ghosted mid convo after the date. Now that I'm getting over the
On a dating site...just 2 weeks after break up
Can anyone shine some light on this.... 2 weeks after she dumped me, she is on Match...We were together for 2 .5 years...She dumped me once, then
Are we breaking up? How to act around him?
Hello, I have a problem to which I can't find a solution by myself and would love some advice! Here is the short story: 6 months ago I went to
Caught my partner of 20 years speaking to other men
I have been with my partner for 20 yrs this year,we have a16 he old son together .I love him so much,recently I was online and I found an email from
Am I dating the right guy at the wrong time?
Hi everyone. So..recently I've felt anxious and questioned the strength of my relationship and I'm not entirely sure why. I don't have any reason
Hello everyone tips / advice needed
Thank you everyone for the advice
Ask For Advice