I am really confused. Any insight would be wonderful

So to start we have known each other for over 2 years now. Had a relationship for 11 months and for those 11 months everything seemed normal. A week a go her attitude changed all in 1 night.

She went to her best friends concert because she was singing in it, Then she starts acting stranger than usual. She is miserable, not with me but with herself. She use to be so active and she has put weight on in the last 2 years.

Going to work and school at the same time. she wants to get away from her phone as much as she can.

She says she loves me still and wishes she was with me and still wants me to come see her and has talked about things to do together and she would love a future with me. But she sounds very confused and thinks we should take a break until i actually see her.

This is where i get confused, I told her i understand about what she wants and am happy to give her the space she needs. I am not obsessive in any way and even told her if she didn't this between us i would walk away. She told me she still wants to be with me just not this moment in time. (fair enough) but why the break i don't get. I am happy with us spending less time together, I am being fully supportive with that part of it. But even the last few days (been on a break for a week now) she has stopped saying love you when she is about to hang up. I asked her if it bothers her and she says she doesn't want to mess me about but then says don't get me wrong i do love you.

Why can't she say "Love you" if i am ok with what she is doing and she does love me

why the need for us to break up until i am able to come see her, When i am happy with giving her the space she needs if we still both love each other.

The more this goes on the more confused and anxious i get. I'm worried I'm being pushed away and feel like i am starting to bug her over it (she says i'm not when i asked her if i was bugging her)

Sorry this is happening. It seems she's going through something and your instincts seem correct that she's backing out but letting you down easy.

Are you in a LDR or don't get to see each other much? Are you away at college?

It may be best to pull back. Don't talk as long or as much or initiate. Don't say ILY or appear 'clingy' to her. Let her reflect and miss you since she initiated this break.

Doesn't sound good at all. If I were you, I'd start to emotionally distance myself and come to terms that this relationship is over. The whole, I'm confused and don't know what I want usually translates into= I don't want you, but I plan on stringing you along. The fact she has been non communicative and not saying I love you is a huge indicator that she's distancing herself from you. I don't want to speculate, but this type of situation is usually conducive to another person being in the picture, another guy she's testing the waters with and wants you in the background just in case it doesn't work out. I'd say it's best to consider this relationship over and prepare yourself mentally for it.

I live in the UK and she lives in the US. We met online but since we met we have almost called everyday and talked for hours. It's been hard on her that i haven't been there physically for her and she has told me she wants to focus more on herself for awhile.

She is currently working and gone back to school (so super busy). She has been feeling bad about her self since she has put weight on and having family issues. Full of stress and anxiety but i have tried being there for her.

What i don't get is i have told her straight that if she wants to end this cause it's hard then to tell me straight due to a past ex of mine that dragged me on for over a year making me think there was a chance still (I was a complete idiot then).

Because of this she has promised me that she would tell me if that was the case. I have even said i am happy to go right now if you need me to and she has said she doesn't want me to go. She just needs space and think we should break up until i go see her.

I understand her needing space and am happy to give it to her but it still feels like she is pushing me away.

also to note i really don't think she would string me a long because she was unhappy with her ex who was threatening to hurt himself making her stay worried about his safety. Mentally abusing her. So she knows exactly how it feels to mess with someone elses feelings.

I understand her needing space and am happy to give it to her but it still feels like she is pushing me away.

That's exactly what's happening. Even though you don't think she's not stringing you along, she may very well be. It's hard to be objective and think clearly when we are attached to someone we care about. That's why the perspective of an outsider like friends and family or even people on this site can you give you objective feedback to what is possibly going on.

Unfortunately people can be hypocrites, even though she doesn't like to be strung along as she once was by an ex, doesn't mean she wouldn't do it to you. Often times the person we thought our ex's were at the beginning of the relationship are the not the same people they eventually turn out to be. Really think about that. What she says to you doesn't matter, what does matter are her actions. Pay attention to see if what she does matches with what she says. Telling you that she wants to be with you, but not at this moment is a pretty clear indicator that she doesn't. Its all in or nothing. Those words alone are stringing you along. If she respected you, she would tell you she wants to break.

Have you never met her in person, then?

My guess is she's got her eye on someone local but doesn't want to end it with you until she knows how that's going to pan out.

I'm sorry OP, but I would prepare yourself for a break-up. A relationship under these circumstances isn't really feasible.

Archived