Sudden irregular periods?? I'm I pregnant??

erikadhazel

So my periods have always been extremely regular; my cycle duration being around 30 days and my period duration being 7 days. Well, these last 2 months have been really irregular and although I have seen an OB/GYN, I am still very confused? Last month, my period was 12 days late and only lasted for 2 days! On the 5th day I took 2 pregnancy tests (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) and both came out negative. Around day 10th I was really getting concerned and took another 2, just the same, and both came out negative. This month, my period started 4 days earlier and the bleeding has been very watery? For one, I always start early in the morning (around 5am - 8am ) and this time I started around 9pm at night? When I felt the familiar feeling, I rushed to the bathroom and realized I had spotted a little on my undies. But unlike the usual thick, bright red blood, it was very spread out and watery with a small hint of red tinge. Also, I've never had tender breasts as a symptom of my period and my breasts were really sore the night before I started? With 4 negative tests, is it possible I'm still pregnant?

Did you have unprotected sex? Are you trying to get pregnant or trying to prevent it?

At the time we were having unprotected sex but he never finished inside of me. And I'm kind of in between? Obviously we aren't doing much to prevent it but we aren't deliberately trying to conceive either

Withdrawal method. Not reliable.

"But it's not as easy as it sounds. A man needs a lot of control to time it right. It doesn't work if he can't feel when he's close to orgasm or if he is so caught up in the moment that he doesn't pull out in time.

Here are some tips to make it work better:

Use a spermicide.

Don't rely on withdrawal on the days you're most likely to get pregnant. You can keep track of which days are safest with an ovulation calendar.

Have your partner pee before sex to clear out any sperm that may have gotten an early start.

When your partner ejaculates outside you, make sure no fluid gets on your upper thighs or groin. Sperm on your skin can work its way inside your vagina."

"Even sperm outside the vagina, but on the vulva or on the legs near the vulva, can travel to the uterus and cause pregnancy."

I've been to an OB/GYN after my period only lasted 2 days. They gave me another pee test that came out negative and all he said was 'you will always have an irregular period every once and a while' but this second month has me concerned. My mom said she had 4 periods similar to mine this month when she was pregnant with my brother

How old are you? My mom always had extremely regular periods until her mid-20s when they became random and sporadic. They worked themselves out, she had a couple of kids, and then she went back into the weird periods after I came along. She ended up going into menopause super early, like mid-30s.

It could be any number of things, honestly. Your body could just be weird for a bit, you could be preggers, or you could have some sort of reproductive issue going on. If it keeps going on and you don't get a positive blood test, monitor it and report back to your doctor. They may do further testing.

At the time we were having unprotected sex but he never finished inside of me. And I'm kind of in between? Obviously we aren't doing much to prevent it but we aren't deliberately trying to conceive either

Ugh! You can still get pregnant!!!

Use condims and birth control, unless you want a kid.

We are not doctors here. Please go see your own doctor and explain all of your symptoms and voice your concerns. It sounds like you need more than another pregnancy test.

Also, the withdrawal method is notoriously unreliable, so stop doing that unless you really want a baby.

If I was trying to conceive he'd be coming inside of me and I'd be keeping track of my ovulation. But that isn't what's happening.

How old are you?

Sorry to be blunt, but if you seriously believe that using the withdrawal method is safe and ok, and will not result in pregnancy, you are in for a nasty shock. Please brush up on your sex education and inform yourself properly so that you won't keep having repeat "unwanted pregnancy scares" like this. There is ALWAYS a high risk of falling pregnant when having unprotected sex.

Don't want a baby? STOP having unprotected sex. Educate yourself and get some form of contraception.

Get yourself on the Pill and always have condoms.

You know what's crazy to me? You had a pregnancy scare LAST MONTH and you STILL have unprotected sex.

Girl.

Go to the doctor. Get your test. And go invest in some condoms or something. Or, better yet, get on the pill. Learn a lesson.

Reading this, I don't even think my post could be interpreted as a half-joke anymore. It seems like the "not trying to stop it" really could be a hope that it happens, trying to justify it to us or herself by saying "at least I'm not counting days and cycles." I'd put my money on these posts seeking validation of being preggers rather than any fear of it.

I haven't disclosed this to anyone yet....

I recently found out I'm pregnant. And it was on the withdrawal method. I'm just lucky that I'm married, have been with my husband for over a decade, and have stable jobs to bring a child into this messed up world.

So if it's happened to me, it can easily happen to you.

Good luck!

I haven't disclosed this to anyone yet....

I recently found out I'm pregnant. And it was on the withdrawal method. I'm just lucky that I'm married, have been with my husband for over a decade, and have stable jobs to bring a child into this messed up world.

So if it's happened to me, it can easily happen to you.

Good luck!

Wow! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

Archived