Coworker jealous over my relationship

Hello! I wasn't really sure where to post this but hopefully this will work.

I have a coworker who has pursued me since November, two months ago I finally explained to him I was seeing other people that I wasn't interested and that we wouldn't ever get together. It was a rough conversation but I felt he took it fairly well and since then our work dynamics have been typical.

Last weekend I posted pictures on Snapchat with the guy I am dating at a music festival. I received texts from two other coworkers that the guy was at work crying, punching the walk in (BOH of restaurant) and going on to everyone about whether or not I'm sleeping with this guy, how it should be him in those pictures, how he needed to talk to me when I was back from my trip to discuss it etc. This has me concerned about working with him. I expressed this to my boss and he relayed it to his district manager but was told it wasn't grounds for termination that he just needed to talk to him etc. meanwhile I'm stuck working with this guy who is what everyone considers "obsessed" with me. I am incredibly bothered my sex life was brought up at work when I wasn't there, and even more bothered he feels I owe him an explanation. I'm unsure what to do, do I jump over my boss and his boss and go to HR? I know it may sound dramatic but people do crazy things and I'm somewhat concerned about being in the same place with this guy.

He can punch walls, cry, look at social media, whatever but as long as he's leaving you alone not asking you out, it's not sexual harassment and not worth your trying to get him fired.

I expressed this to my boss and he relayed it to his district manager but was told it wasn't grounds for termination that he just needed to talk to him etc.

I would see how things are when you go back to work and if he's not calmed down after the boss speaks to him then that is when I would go to human resources. He hasn't done anything to you that is against the law or against company policy (since they are not firing him) so just go in as if all is fine and see how he is.

If you're that afraid of him then consider looking for work elsewhere and leave him to his histrionics. I know I would.

Maybe contact The Labour Board in your area and see what they have to say about his behaviour and the company's decision to just have a chat with him.

If he's leaving you alone personally at work, that's all you can do. However if he's calling you or stalking you or asking you out or any other unwanted direct contact at work, then bring it up again.

Reset your social media privacy settings and block and delete him from all your devices and social media.

So just deal with it basically?

Archived