I'm 30 year old male and i had noticed i got a few strands of grey hair. The thing though is I'm Asian and asians generally don't age that much until they are much older.

The thing is I work online on the computer and basically on the computer most of the day. The thing is i got very stressed/angry lately. I also have anxiety and it has been much worst lately. Back then it wasn't that bad but it has gotten worst. What i want to know is, is there a way to prevent any grey hair from reappearing? I had thought about just plucking those few strands of grey hair from my head but did not do this. I had a haircut as well due to this but then i noticed even after my haircut, i still see those few pieces of grey hair when looking into the mirror. I never had grey hair ever. The other thing is my hair grows very fast. I know lot of people go bald as they go older but i don't think i would has this problem until i'm much older etc.

What can i do about my few strands of grey hair? Do i take a scissor and cut each of those out so it doesn't grow out again? Also is plucking considered just pulling that piece of hair from your head? I cannot do that now as my hair is pretty short due to having a haircut. I'm pretty positive i developed these few grey hair recently due to be being very anxious/angry recently. I had noticed this sort of a bit after it and figured that is definitely the cause.

I heard of people who get grey hair even as young as 18 as well and someone mentioned they had that at 18 when they were very stressed with studying etc. I work online on the computer and have stress most of the time. But im positive what triggered this was me losing my cool and start even cursing when i get angry etc. I think the age when you get grey hair that should worry you would be either late 20s or early 30s. The reason is because that is when you are getting older and not getting younger. Now if i was 21 and i got a few grey hair, it wouldn't bother me much because i know that has to be stress related and 21 is very young.I also read some people get grey hair because they dont have enough vitamin b12 etc. I'm pretty sure this isn't my case. I also read lot of people mention stress and anxiety will cause you to have grey hair and i strongly believe this.

Does anyone know what i can do now to prevent any grey hair from reappearing? Because when i seen this few grey hair... i seen 2 of them... however im not sure if i have any on the back of my head etc. Basically those 2 grey hairs are on the right side of my head. So obviously the most important thing now is do my best to lessen stress. I also have a good bit of acne at my age and this is mainly triggered by stress/anger. So when i go through a short time when i have very little anger/stress, then my face clears up a lot. Its like when people ask does stress/anger/anxiety cause acne and many people on the forums agree. But the fact that i got these few pieces of grey hair, i notice 2 that is for sure and another one that im not sure exactly if it is or not, then this has gotten me worried. I know there are men/women that get a hair full of grey hair when they have a kid but i I don't have that issue now.

My anxiety is also bad and its hard to control it. However, anger can be controlled for me. Stress can as well.

What is my best solution for this? I mean, could i pluck/cut these few grey hairs from the root of my hair... then just my best do avoid any stress and anger and lessen anxiety, then the grey hair won't grow out? I had wanted to ask the barber last time if he could cut those few grey hair off of me first but did not. My thoughts were if i did that, then those grey hair from those exact spot in my head might not grow back. Then he cut the rest of my hair like normal. But he just cut my hair normally etc. Then i looked in mirror at my short hair and noticed 2 spots where i have that same white hair growing etc.

Would appreciate advice on this. Because if i don't have any grey hair reappearing again, then i will make sure i do my best to not get stressed/angry and make sure i do my best to lessen anxiety. Thanks.

I'm 40 Im starting to go grey here and there. I knew a girl in junior high. She had jet black hair she had greys. So like mentioned above its genetic. Get just 4 men? Or just live with it. I could care less though my cousin started dying his hair in his 20s.

My anxiety is also bad and its hard to control it.

See a doctor. Get on anti-anxiety meds. Visit a therapist.

I started growing gray hair when I entered the teaching field (and every little strand is named after a child that was the most difficult). My husband (Asian) has grey streaks since he was 20. Not from stress, but genetics.

For the time being, hair coloring is your friend.

Don't stress about it, you'll give yourself grey hairs 😉

Honestly though, the others are right. And what's your worry about it? Are you afraid it will make you look older? You can dye it. Are you afraid it will make you less attractive? I don't know many women who care about that, some even find it sexy ( myself included).

It sounds to me like if you can work on getting your anxiety managed, that would help a lot. Anxiety has this way of getting us hyper focused on things that when we are relaxed and happy, just don't bother us the same way. The difference of my self perception looking in a mirror on an anxious day and a relaxed one is drastic.

You can dye your hair if it bothers you that much. You can pluck them out or cut them with scissors. Going grey is a hereditary thing and you cant stop it but you can work with it with dye, plucking, cutting. My father in law had white hair by the time he was 30. My husband started going grey at about 40 and now he's pretty much totally grey.

My husband says - there's nothing wrong with grey hair, any bald guy would be happy to have it!

You need to learn some stress management techniques before you drive yourself nuts.

Hi there. The thing is recently i had a few days where my anger/anxiety got very triggered. I'm pretty close to 100 percent that is what caused this. I say it was the day after or 2 days after where i looked in the mirror and my hair and noticed the 2 pieces of grey hair.

The thing is even though i have anxiety, stress and anger, i don't usually have them all around the same time. Those few times that it recently, im positive this is what i contributed to it.

The thing is i look young for my age. So having grey hair on me would look very strange. Well the thing is i felt this is a sign of getting older but the thing is this isn't genetics. I guess its like imagine you had a moment or few moments where you got very angry and stressed etc and start yelling. Does that make sense? Well that is what im positive that caused it because i would have seen grey hair earlier. The thing is im pretty sure that this is what caused it.. my few moments of anxiety and anger which happened very recently. Basically imagine a moment or few moments when your anxiety level got very bad along with your anger due to it... and that was the reason why you get few strands of grey hair. If it was genetics, i wouldn't be upset.

Does anyone know if anxiety/anger triggers grey hair? Online, lot of ppl mention it does.

Well the thing is my face also breaks out a lot, have acne. So i tell myself okay stop getting anxious and getting angry. When i don't get angry/stressed, my acne clears up eventually. But what concerns me is... could those few events where i got very anxious/angry had caused my few strand of grey hair to stay grey and not go back to black hair? Could i just cut those few pieces of grey hair right at the root... then either no hair grow on that spot or black hair grows instead? I'm basically talking about 2 strands of grey hair so it isn't that much etc. Then after that, i would make sure i will not get angry and try to keep my anxiety in control knowing full well episodes like that would cause grey hair.

You're not going to develop grey-haired two days after being angry sorry but that's impossible . Getting grey hair just doesn't work like that .

"Contrary to popular belief, stress has not been shown to cause gray hair. Scientists don’t know exactly why some people go gray early, but genes play a large role."

Well i would seek help to work on you stress and anger problems. If grey bothers you I would dye it. I'm 29 and my wife told me if I dye my grey out she will shave her head. She happens to really like it so its not all bad. I don't know all the causes of greying but my wife has a streak of grey hair that started after the very traumatic birth of our first daughter. Doctor said that it happens but only rarely.

This is a myth. General health and genetics determine graying hair. It sounds like therapy to address stress and anxiety would help to sort that out.

Get a checkup from a good physician to determine what the cause is of the uncontrolled anger, acne, etc. You may have a metabolic or mood disorder or OCD/anxiety etc.

i had a few days where my anger/anxiety got very triggered. I'm pretty close to 100 percent that is what caused this. I say it was the day after or 2 days after where i looked in the mirror and my hair and noticed the 2 pieces of grey hair. I guess its like imagine you had a moment or few moments where you got very angry and stressed etc and start yelling. Well the thing is my face also breaks out a lot, have acne.

Read up on it: Premature graying

I went prematurely gray . ( I am female by the way ) Most of my father's family members went prematurely grey including him. And my son is going prematurely grey. I had an extremely stressful and abused early life . I don't consider that though the reason for my premature grey. As they say a genetic basis is far more likely .

Like an earlier person said the one extremely traumatic event can cause it very rarely .

Archived