So a few weeks ago my ex gf texted me that she misses me and sent a video of us from a few years back. We started talking about how different we were from everyone else and how its a shame that it didn't work out. I would love nothing more than to get back with her but I just have a feeling she doesn't feel the same. We talked for about a week steadily and then she fell off the face of the earth. I tried to keep the conversations going but she will give me short texts or go radio silent each time. I don't know what to do or how to take it and I don't want to drop everything if there is still a chance.

We were together for 2.5 years and we have been broken up for 4 years.

I'm so confused.

This is wishy-washy behavior. She intrudes on your life with messaging you and giving you false hope, and then fades away. Was there any talk of meeting up and getting back together? If not, what was the point of the conversations? If you don't want to be left wondering, flat out ask her if she's interested in dating again and you will have your answer. If she's not interested, tell her for closure, that you're asking that she never contact you again, as each time she does, it brings you back to square one in getting over what you once had.

It's been 4 years and you are both well moved on. This was just a mental holiday for her and a trip down memory lane.

Something is happening with her at the moment that is causing stress, be it a break up, a stressful week at work, a death in the family, an arguement with her current SO, whatever, but it has caused her to look back to a happy time in the past to reminise.

She did that for a week with you, felt happy in her memory, laughed a little at old times, cried a little when she wasn't talking to you and then after the week's vacation from her life, she went home again.

Forget about her again and get on with your life.

It's been 4 years and you are both well moved on. This was just a mental holiday for her and a trip down memory lane.

Something is happening with her at the moment that is causing stress, be it a break up, a stressful week at work, a death in the family, an arguement with her current SO, whatever, but it has caused her to look back to a happy time in the past to reminise.

She did that for a week with you, felt happy in her memory, laughed a little at old times, cried a little when she wasn't talking to you and then after the week's vacation from her life, she went home again.

Forget about her again and get on with your life.

Well said.

I'd heed Keyman's advice. Good luck.

Sorry to hear this. After 4 years, could be she just got dumped or had a fight with the bf and wanted some attention/nostalgia. Try to ignore breadcrumbs like this. After 4 years it's best to move forward, not backward.

So a few weeks ago my ex gf texted me that she misses me and sent a video of us from a few years back.We were together for 2.5 years and we have been broken up for 4 years

Thank you all for the answers. I think I will go ahead and flat out ask her what her intentions are or if she has any intention of getting back together like what Andrina said. If her answer is simply no and she wanted attention like Keyman said then I will try and leave it be. This sucks, what I felt for her was true love which is why I think I'm still hung up on her. I haven't been able to find a good way to cope with her being gone either

Thank you all for the answers. I think I will go ahead and flat out ask her what her intentions are or if she has any intention of getting back together like what Andrina said. If her answer is simply no and she wanted attention like Keyman said then I will try and leave it be. This sucks, what I felt for her was true love which is why I think I'm still hung up on her. I haven't been able to find a good way to cope with her being gone either

But what if she doesn't give you a "no"? What if she says "I've thought about it over the years, and it's a possibility, but just not right now" or something similar? Do you know how to interpret that? That would really mean "no".

I've never heard that term before but that's a good one! Did you happen to confront your ex when she did that to you?

Yes I went on one date with her and thought it was going very well..we started to "get intimate" but a wave of reality hit me, I told her "this isn't going to work" and I got up and left right there lol..she hurt me too bad and I had healed. It took a lot of mental work to get over that dumping. I realized I wasn't going through that again at least with her

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man oh man. It is not like back to square ine. Obviously you can manage without her. When an ex you want nothing more than getting back yo reaching out to you after all these years? First thing you do is to set an evening date only after to get her to your house for sex to happen so you can take it from there to whatever you want. You say hey nice to hear from you!! I'd love to catch up etc. When are you free? You set a definite date. Then say you're busy cant talk right now doing your thing see you later. Y. Even if you're dating you only use phone to set another date and nothing more unless it is a relationship. Even then as a man you shouldn't text call more than she does. It was a mistake. You dont tell her everything about your life. Keep her talking after all thats what they like. (Not on the phone. Preferably in bed). i suggest you shouldnt do any attempt to get her back. Just go back to what you've been doing. It shouldnt effect you that much. You're a strong type

Archived