Little sis meeting big half-bro

ilovetocook

After years and much money spent, my big half bro found me! I was looking for my birth father all this time, and my bro was looking for me. I didn't know I had a brother out there, but God blessed me with one! He's 10 yrs. older than me.

After conversation via FB Messenger for this past month, he's going to come all the way from NJ to CA to visit me this weekend! We are both so excited! And I know I'm nervous.

How do I be a sister? What do we do? He says he's a chill guy and just wants to walk around, but I'm not a chill girl. I'm over thinking, I know.

Just wanted to get this nervous energy out into the universe. Thank you for reading

Don't try to be a sister. Right now, you're siblings by blood only.

Plus, I'd expect you two to have as much in common as any other man and woman who are at different stages of life. Not to say you can't or won't click, but that I hope he's got other things to keep himself busy while he's there and this isn't exclusively some extended weekend? Or is it meant to be you two hanging out the whole time?

I just went through the same thing, although little sis found me last year. If you're an only child, like I was, you're not going to know how to be a sister. Not even if you have kids. It's very difficult because we just wanted to totally unload on eachother, which we did, and when that was over, the relatively lessened amount of things to talk about has made it a little... I don't want to say awkward... but something like that. So I recommend approaching it like a friend. No hours long coversations multiple times a week. Take it slow.

Archived