Enjoying a night out without my other half?

Hey guys. I'm going out tonight with the girls but I'm really not feeling it. I'm in an ldr and really missing my boyfriend at the moment but he wants me to go and have a good night with the girls when I'd rather be at home speaking to him. I'm seeing him on Monday luckily and I didn't know that until yesterday, it was supposed to be another 5 weeks.

How can I get in the mood for this night out with the girls and enjoy it without my boyfriend?

I'm seeing him on Monday

How can I get in the mood for this night out with the girls and enjoy it without my boyfriend?

You sound incredibly insecure, needy/clingy. Just focus on having a good time. You had a life before you knew this guy and you survived just fine. Never, ever, rely on a person to make you happy. You'll see him on Monday, so no big deal. Have fun.

Don't neglect your friends because of any boyfriend. Nurturing your friendships is just as important as nurturing your romantic relationship. Enjoy your time with your friends and be present. You'll have plenty of time for him later.

Don't make him the centre of your world by passing up fun invitations with your friends. Guys are attracted to women who have their own lives and don't rely on them for their happiness, so go and have a great time. Neglecting friends is one of the biggest mistakes people make in relationships - don't let that happen.

Hopefully you didn't tell him that, because this is one of the biggest turnoffs for men (and us women too actually!) - when their partner doesn't have a life of their own and they are the center of their universe. Nobody wants that pressure and burden. He even told you to go enjoy yourself, which means he doesn't want to be your sole source of entertainment and good time.

Plus, don't lose your friends over a guy who may or may not work out in the long run.

Go enjoy yourself, so that Monday you can tell him how much fun you had (and mean it).

I agree with the advice given; but I also understand your sentiment of wanting to chill at home and speak to your boyfriend because you miss him. I too just have some days where all I'd want is a date night or a chilled evening with my other half when I had committed to plans / a night out with my friends and am really not in the mood. But for me personally, half of the time it isn't just because of my boyfriend, because even when i was single I'd just like to have down time a lot of the time and find it hard to muster the energy to go out and be social.

And I think when I have a boyfriend, I'm even more inclined that way because i have an additional motive to stay in - whereas at least when i was single I wouldn't have that as a reason for it to be a good choice.

I've learnt that on some days, you just have to listen to your body and if you're feeling run down or mellow, there's no point in forcing it. BUT on the other hand, on some days - you just have to push yourself, find the energy to go out and join your friends, and you'll find that once you are there and in the moment, you'll be enjoying yourself and glad you made that choice.

Key to a successful ldr is that you both live your own lives. You can't stay and wait.

That being said, is this feeling out of the ordinary or usual? If you go out with the girls a lot then it's ok to skip a night if not feeling it. But if you cancel often then it's very worrying. Or if you never go out.

And to answer the question. Going out with the girls is fun. Drink some wine and you will be having o much fun that you don't even think about missing your bf.

Don't go if you don't want to but don't decline just to cling on the phone with your bf. Try to let him miss you sometimes. It sounds like his suggesting you go indicates you are suffocating him.

I'm in an ldr and really missing my boyfriend at the moment but he wants me to go and have a good night with the girls when I'd rather be at home speaking to him. I'm seeing him on Monday

Was going to post something to a similar effect. While of course a genuine wish for you to have fun on your night out, I'd bet anything he's hoping you'll take the hint and do it so that he doesn't feel responsible for having to be the center of your universe. That can be achieved either through going out or enjoying a night to yourself.

Archived