Help! Need advice! Period 21 days late, testing negative.

lengland

So, a little background knowledge here. I am a 20 year old female who, since I was 17, have been taking the combo pill. I took a brief 3 month break at age 18, but have been back on it ever since. I started getting ready bad yeast infections and was able to figure out (through months of trial and error) that it was the pill causing it. So, I stopped taking the pill. I started getting some break through bleeding on the pill, so I just stopped the package about halfway there and let it the breakthrough bleeding continue like a withdrawal 'period.' A month goes by and my 'regular' (?) period comes. My last period was on March 7th-12th, and I haven't had it since? I do have a boyfriend, and we did have sex during the month, but used protection. We weren't too detailed about it though... So it is possible there could have been a slip up (I could be paranoid through).

So, here I am. 20 days late for my period. I have taken 6 at home pregnancy tests, and one at my local sexual health clinic, which was only a few days ago, so recent. All are coming up negative. I'm not really experiencing any symptoms right now (not even ones that I would get before my period). Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am a student, and its finals period, so I'm thinking that it's just stress. I've never really been late before though. Plus I don't FEEL super stressed out. The doctor said it's likely just that my body is trying to get back into the natural rhythm... I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and schedule a blood test. I read a lot of personal experiences from women that sometimes HCG can not show up enough in urine for tests to show. I'm a little freaked out. I'm Canadian, so there are options for me, I just would rather not even have to go through the process. Definitely going to go back on BC again after this is sorted out. The pill was causing issues for me though, so could anyone recommend a different and efficient method that they have tried and like?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice and knowledge!

Hey honey!

I was 3 weeks late for my period and I stupidly don't use contraception with my bf (just pull out) as it makes me bleed constantly and makes me mentally ill. It came though! I tried a few tests and even called my local clinic for a proper test as my body even seemed to be changing in my worried mind!

Stress can make it take even longer for you to come back on, but that being said it could be because of many other things!

Wait another week and if there's no signs call your doctors and have them do a test and/or blood test where they can test potential hormone levels in your blood and explore any other reasons as to why you've missed it!

Best of luck x

I do have a boyfriend, and we did have sex during the month, but used protection. We weren't too detailed about it though...
I mean contraception doesn't generally require a 20 page manual. What does "we weren't too detailed about it" mean?
So, a little background knowledge here. I am a 20 year old female who, since I was 17, have been taking the combo pill. I took a brief 3 month break at age 18, but have been back on it ever since. I started getting ready bad yeast infections and was able to figure out (through months of trial and error) that it was the pill causing it. So, I stopped taking the pill. I started getting some break through bleeding on the pill, so I just stopped the package about halfway there and let it the breakthrough bleeding continue like a withdrawal 'period.' A month goes by and my 'regular' (?) period comes. My last period was on March 7th-12th, and I haven't had it since? I do have a boyfriend, and we did have sex during the month, but used protection. We weren't too detailed about it though... So it is possible there could have been a slip up (I could be paranoid through).

So, here I am. 20 days late for my period. I have taken 6 at home pregnancy tests, and one at my local sexual health clinic, which was only a few days ago, so recent. All are coming up negative. I'm not really experiencing any symptoms right now (not even ones that I would get before my period). Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am a student, and its finals period, so I'm thinking that it's just stress. I've never really been late before though. Plus I don't FEEL super stressed out. The doctor said it's likely just that my body is trying to get back into the natural rhythm... I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and schedule a blood test. I read a lot of personal experiences from women that sometimes HCG can not show up enough in urine for tests to show. I'm a little freaked out. I'm Canadian, so there are options for me, I just would rather not even have to go through the process. Definitely going to go back on BC again after this is sorted out. The pill was causing issues for me though, so could anyone recommend a different and efficient method that they have tried and like?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice and knowledge!

21 days late, you'd be showing a positive no matter what (if you were pregnant).

Archived