30 days of No Contact log ( Think I can do it?)

Hello all, I have seen plenty of these made and I have taken alot of interest in them. I'm doing this because to be able to post your daily thoughts seem to help the others who have done logs similar to this.

My story: I've been in an on again off again relationship with this guy who before was my best friend. He would help me get over the guys who mistreated me, only to become the worse of them all. He has lied, stood me up, and blamed me for his mistakes countless of times. This recent break up we had sex for the first time only for him to give me the cold shoulder afterwards and told me I get attached way too fast, he regretted having sex with me, and I forced him in a relationship( not to mention he told he loved me before the sex and I told him it back). So basically I was used. I begged and pleaded for answers only for him to turn off his phone because of my constant calling. I gave up after that and just went into NC. I am beginning day 2.

Im not sad, or angry, I'm just very disapointed in myself. I'm a 20 year old college student who is hundreds of miles away from family and longtime friends, and my college friends would just give me an I told you so.

So I am asking anyone to help me on my journey. I'm not stopping at day 30, its just a milestone for me. I always break NC after day 7.

If anyone wants to go on this journey with me feel free. Any comments, questions, or concerns are welcomed!

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on day 70 something I eventually stopped counting. It really does help you to move on and see things more clearly for what they were. I'm definitely doing a lot better than I was several months ago. She's completely not out of mind and every now and then I think of her and want to text or call her but I think that she's not reaching out to me. She did break up with me after all. Breaking no contact is tough and but you have to do it for you or you will only prolong the pain or suffering. I broke it after seven days and started over and time flies by. Maybe by day 90 or 120, I may wish her well and check up on her but I have to be completely indifferent to any response she may have. Good luck to you and you'll get through this.

I'm on day 70 something I eventually stopped counting. It really does help you to move on and see things more clearly for what they were. I'm definitely doing a lot better than I was several months ago. She's completely not out of mind and every now and then I think of her and want to text or call her but I think that she's not reaching out to me. She did break up with me after all. Breaking no contact is tough and but you have to do it for you or you will only prolong the pain or suffering. I broke it after seven days and started over and time flies by. Maybe by day 90 or 120, I may wish her well and check up on her but I have to be completely indifferent to any response she may have. Good luck to you and you'll get through this.

Day 70???????? Woahh that seems long ways from now lol. All power to you. What made you finally give up trying to contact? Oh and thank you for the kind advice I really appreciate it. I am taking this time around rough.

Hello all, I have seen plenty of these made and I have taken alot of interest in them. I'm doing this because to be able to post your daily thoughts seem to help the others who have done logs similar to this.

My story: I've been in an on again off again relationship with this guy who before was my best friend. He would help me get over the guys who mistreated me, only to become the worse of them all. He has lied, stood me up, and blamed me for his mistakes countless of times. This recent break up we had sex for the first time only for him to give me the cold shoulder afterwards and told me I get attached way too fast, he regretted having sex with me, and I forced him in a relationship( not to mention he told he loved me before the sex and I told him it back). So basically I was used. I begged and pleaded for answers only for him to turn off his phone because of my constant calling. I gave up after that and just went into NC. I am beginning day 2.

Im not sad, or angry, I'm just very disapointed in myself. I'm a 20 year old college student who is hundreds of miles away from family and longtime friends, and my college friends would just give me an I told you so.

So I am asking anyone to help me on my journey. I'm not stopping at day 30, its just a milestone for me. I always break NC after day 7.

If anyone wants to go on this journey with me feel free. Any comments, questions, or concerns are welcomed!

You can do it. I'm on day 8. It's hard. But u can do it.

Thank you so much for support, what's your story?

Good on you. Day 2 is better than day 0. Just make sure to come here when you feel weak. I'm on day 8 or so too. I would have been on day 79 (just counted it) but I'm glad I broke it because it broke the denial I was in. She did message me back but I'm not interested now. Haven't even opened her last reply and she can see that I haven't.

Because of that setback my life is now completely different. Went on holiday, joined a new club, and had a job interview yesterday. People here say the pain is a blessing in disguise. Well I agree with them, but you can only see that blessing after letting time go by. Trust me. You got this

Good on you. Day 2 is better than day 0. Just make sure to come here when you feel weak. I'm on day 8 or so too. I would have been on day 79 (just counted it) but I'm glad I broke it because it broke the denial I was in. She did message me back but I'm not interested now. Haven't even opened her last reply and she can see that I haven't.

Because of that setback my life is now completely different. Went on holiday, joined a new club, and had a job interview yesterday. People here say the pain is a blessing in disguise. Well I agree with them, but you can only see that blessing after letting time go by. Trust me. You got this

Thank you so much, if you don't mind sharing, what did you message her? And what made you resist the urge to text her back?

Thank you so much, if you don't mind sharing, what did you message her? And what made you resist the urge to text her back?

I messaged her couple of weeks ago after 2 months nc asking if we could talk as I had things to get of my chest. She replied a couple of days later saying she's ready, but after asking her when she's free to talk she wanted to do it over text. I didn't feel too comfortable doing over text as texting those things rather than being face to face or at the very least a phone call imo is kind of emotionless.

One of My female friends told me not to reply, but I did and I said I'd like to do it face to face. She opened my message then ignored it. Messaged her a week later saying the least she could do is reply. She then said she isn't comfortable doing a face to face and she doesn't want to reply to my texts. After that messaged I said I miss her and I wish her all the best. Said if she's moved on then good luck with everything. She read that m save within an hour but didn't reply to me until a couple of days later. Didn't get that message straight away as I've muted her and plus I was in another country on holiday so the only time I had access to my messages was when I was connected to wifi (fu** roaming charges lool).

I didn't open her message as the last thing I wanted was to have her in my head when I was enjoying a whole new experience in a new country. I'm back now and it's still not opened. Literally all I think is she's replying to people first chance she gets but leaves me on hold for couple of days at a time? Nah f*** that I have way more self respect

I messaged her couple of weeks ago after 2 months nc asking if we could talk as I had things to get of my chest. She replied a couple of days later saying she's ready, but after asking her when she's free to talk she wanted to do it over text. I didn't feel too comfortable doing over text as texting those things rather than being face to face or at the very least a phone call imo is kind of emotionless.

One of My female friends told me not to reply, but I did and I said I'd like to do it face to face. She opened my message then ignored it. Messaged her a week later saying the least she could do is reply. She then said she isn't comfortable doing a face to face and she doesn't want to reply to my texts. After that messaged I said I miss her and I wish her all the best. Said if she's moved on then good luck with everything. She read that m save within an hour but didn't reply to me until a couple of days later. Didn't get that message straight away as I've muted her and plus I was in another country on holiday so the only time I had access to my messages was when I was connected to wifi (fu** roaming charges lool).

I didn't open her message as the last thing I wanted was to have her in my head when I was enjoying a whole new experience in a new country. I'm back now and it's still not opened. Literally all I think is she's replying to people first chance she gets but leaves me on hold for couple of days at a time? Nah f*** that I have way more self respect

Gosh, I love your attitude. Most people would of jumped on anything their ex would of sent them no matter how long it took. I would say, don't reply back at all. She seems to only be replying out of decency, not because she wants to talk. I would leave her alone, and move on. You seem to have a lot of digitnity and self respect, don't let her take that away from you.

You've got this. I believe in you. Just read your other thread and I can give you insight into a guy's mind when you're confused about something. Ask me directly through messages, but you can 100% do 30 days. That's nothing compared to where you are want to be in 6 months time. But do it. Because you can

Gosh, I love your attitude. Most people would of jumped on anything their ex would of sent them no matter how long it took. I would say, don't reply back at all. She seems to only be replying out of decency, not because she wants to talk. I would leave her alone, and move on. You seem to have a lot of digitnity and self respect, don't let her take that away from you.

Haha I believe she already has taken more of my dignity than I'd care to admit. This is the one thing she hasn't done. Left me on unread. It's not coming from an immature perspective. Just that the last shred of dignity that I have is to not open it. It may make her think "I atleast open his messages, why won't he?" Or may not. Not too fussed at this point

You've got this. I believe in you. Just read your other thread and I can give you insight into a guy's mind when you're confused about something. Ask me directly through messages, but you can 100% do 30 days. That's nothing compared to where you are want to be in 6 months time. But do it. Because you can

I can't thank you enough, I will definitely message you for any further questions. The support is much needed right now, and if you have any questions that needs a womans perspective, I am here. And don't beat yourself up! Love tends to shed some of our diginity! The only thing that matters is how you handle yourself in the end. Which seems to be pretty good! By ignoring her, your value has went up in her eyes lol. One quick question! What do you think I did wrong? You can be completely honest.

This is a great idea, PM people on here. I used to PM an old user here last year when I was going through a break up that eventually we got back together but hey look I'm back on here again just about two months that we broke up again I guess it just doesn't work. NC proved to be the only way to move on other than that it's really hard IMO. If you need anyone to PM I'm here for you. I can relate I'm also in college. 22 years old now.

This is a great idea, PM people on here. I used to PM an old user here last year when I was going through a break up that eventually we got back together but hey look I'm back on here again just about two months that we broke up again I guess it just doesn't work. NC proved to be the only way to move on other than that it's really hard IMO. If you need anyone to PM I'm here for you. I can relate I'm also in college. 22 years old now.

Thank you so much, it's always nice to have someone who can relate to me! We have long way ahead of us, but we keep getting stuck on losers. College is already stressful enough lol. I will definitely PM you if I need anyone to talk to! You do the same if you need any help. I can't thank you guys enough for the kindness.

I can't thank you enough, I will definitely message you for any further questions. The support is much needed right now, and if you have any questions that needs a womans perspective, I am here. And don't beat yourself up! Love tends to shed some of our diginity! The only thing that matters is how you handle yourself in the end. Which seems to be pretty good! By ignoring her, your value has went up in her eyes lol. One quick question! What do you think I did wrong? You can be completely honest.

In all honesty reading from your things your major mistake was making it easy for him to go and come back whenever he feels like it. I left a chick once and didn't even want to call her after I was going through a dry spell. She still messages me when I put up a snapchat or she sees something but the convo is like maximum 3 texts. I'm not interested.

And unfortunately that's the way your ex comes across. He has sex and the next day he's not feeling it? Listen you're young. I swear I swear I swear that if you use this time to change yourself then this will be the best opportunity to do it. My relationship ended in January and I lost so much weight, and I was tired and weak all the time. Now I'm just energised because I go training every day.

Again. Send me a PM if you want me to tell you how to personally go about things. I tend to not like sharing too much on threads, but help where I can.

In all honesty reading from your things your major mistake was making it easy for him to go and come back whenever he feels like it. I left a chick once and didn't even want to call her after I was going through a dry spell. She still messages me when I put up a snapchat or she sees something but the convo is like maximum 3 texts. I'm not interested.

And unfortunately that's the way your ex comes across. He has sex and the next day he's not feeling it? Listen you're young. I swear I swear I swear that if you use this time to change yourself then this will be the best opportunity to do it. My relationship ended in January and I lost so much weight, and I was tired and weak all the time. Now I'm just energised because I go training every day.

Again. Send me a PM if you want me to tell you how to personally go about things. I tend to not like sharing too much on threads, but help where I can.

Thank you for taking time and reading my other threads to get a full look on my story. I think me being a lack of challenge bored him, so I completely agree with your statement. I'm usually like that in the beginning but once I get attached I can't anymore. I'm glad you found a way to make this a learning experience. I will too. I will definitely PM you!

Thank you so much, it's always nice to have someone who can relate to me! We have long way ahead of us, but we keep getting stuck on losers. College is already stressful enough lol. I will definitely PM you if I need anyone to talk to! You do the same if you need any help. I can't thank you guys enough for the kindness.

Ya of course this place has a lot of kind people. It's balanced as well with those who may need to tell us things that we may not want to hear. I am going to PM you.

Thank you for taking time and reading my other threads to get a full look on my story. I think me being a lack of challenge bored him, so I completely agree with your statement. I'm usually like that in the beginning but once I get attached I can't anymore. I'm glad you found a way to make this a learning experience. I will too. I will definitely PM you!

It's not even about it being a learning experience. It's about finding something new. And I mean something that you wouldn't see yourself doing but it's been something you've been thinking about for years. For example I love blood sport. But I've never had the time or finance to do it (or the stones haha). Now I train, and not that dull gym sh*t. I am standing toe to toe against guys twice my size at the cage and the andrenaline I get from going there is amazing.

I got hit really bad once and I was shocked to my core. The whole way home and lying in bed that night I was thinking how did I let my guard down? What am I doing wrong? Do I have any bad habits? The point is the experience was so profound that I didn't even think about my ex for the first time that day!! And the next day I turned up at the ring straight after work. And the next. And the day after that. 2 months has gone by since I first walked through those metal doors, looking like a lost freshman on his first day in a new school, inhaling the testosterone and sweat induced air. Now everyone is saying how lean I've become to the point where people are telling me how good and lean I look. I lost 15kg fat and I feel amazing. That's what 2 months progress does. Girls are coming up to me now and I've even swiped numbers from girls that look way better than my ex.

Do something that isn't generic and that is part of your personality. Watching UFC (if you know what that is#ConnorMcGregor) and films like Warrior with Tom Hardy always instilled me with wonder and amazement way before my ex came into my life. Now I'm actually doing it. All thanks to my hearbreak. And knowing I have all this newfound power I've actually started to expel an air like an alpha male. Even my walk has changed, as someone pointed out the other day. It's not even intentional.

It is also worth mentioning changing your look. Get a new daring haircut. Or go on a make-up tutorial and do something new. New types of clothes you never wore with him around. The key words are DARING and BOLD and my favourite word I revolved my new improvement around...ORIGINAL. But once you do this remember if he comes back then he's getting the new and improved version of yourself. NEVER let him come back if He hollers. And believe me with this new you his interest will become piqued ( I can explain on PM more extensively).

E.g. I have a brand new hairstyle that I found suits me more than anything I've done. I have a brand new wardrobe. All these changes and I used to think will my ex see this new person. Guess what? I'm at that stage where I don't give a flying space monkeys sh** if she sees it or not.

Day 3 of No Contact has been interesting. I've been distracted by my nervousness for my presentation, and it wind up going great. Now without that distraction, I feel a lil sad but no urge to message him. I keep replaying that night when we had sex, how we didn't even kiss or made any eye contact. I was so dumb to think it was love...

]

It's not even about it being a learning experience. It's about finding something new. And I mean something that you wouldn't see yourself doing but it's been something you've been thinking about for years. For example I love blood sport. But I've never had the time or finance to do it (or the stones haha). Now I train, and not that dull gym sh*t. I am standing toe to toe against guys twice my size at the cage and the andrenaline I get from going there is amazing.

I got hit really bad once and I was shocked to my core. The whole way home and lying in bed that night I was thinking how did I let my guard down? What am I doing wrong? Do I have any bad habits? The point is the experience was so profound that I didn't even think about my ex for the first time that day!! And the next day I turned up at the ring straight after work. And the next. And the day after that. 2 months has gone by since I first walked through those metal doors, looking like a lost freshman on his first day in a new school, inhaling the testosterone and sweat induced air. Now everyone is saying how lean I've become to the point where people are telling me how good and lean I look. I lost 15kg fat and I feel amazing. That's what 2 months progress does. Girls are coming up to me now and I've even swiped numbers from girls that look way better than my ex.

Do something that isn't generic and that is part of your personality. Watching UFC (if you know what that is#ConnorMcGregor) and films like Warrior with Tom Hardy always instilled me with wonder and amazement way before my ex came into my life. Now I'm actually doing it. All thanks to my hearbreak. And knowing I have all this newfound power I've actually started to expel an air like an alpha male. Even my walk has changed, as someone pointed out the other day. It's not even intentional.

It is also worth mentioning changing your look. Get a new daring haircut. Or go on a make-up tutorial and do something new. New types of clothes you never wore with him around. The key words are DARING and BOLD and my favourite word I revolved my new improvement around...ORIGINAL. But once you do this remember if he comes back then he's getting the new and improved version of yourself. NEVER let him come back if He hollers. And believe me with this new you his interest will become piqued ( I can explain on PM more extensively).

E.g. I have a brand new hairstyle that I found suits me more than anything I've done. I have a brand new wardrobe. All these changes and I used to think will my ex see this new person. Guess what? I'm at that stage where I don't give a flying space monkeys sh** if she sees it or not.

A new me? I like the sound of that! I started working out, and hanging with friends more. If only they didn't always talk about their boyfriends..

]

A new me? I like the sound of that! I started working out, and hanging with friends more. If only they didn't always talk about their boyfriends..

A. New. You. Not hanging out with friends more. Just you. Do things for yourself by yourself. Ask if your friends can do a makeover for you. Should be interesting

A. New. You. Not hanging out with friends more. Just you. Do things for yourself by yourself. Ask if your friends can do a makeover for you. Should be interesting

I'm actually excited lol! Thank you! I may go to the nail salon tomorrow.

Good idea. I'm trying to do this as well.

Look at it this way. For you to become better looking it's going to take months of planning and experimenting. Whilst you do this things will settle and you'll truly find this new you. By a couple of months things would have become a lot easier

Archived