So anyone who read my prior threads know that I moved in with my long term boyfriend and then after a month I found out he was sexting a girl he met at a bar and I moved out the next day. There was a little drama a few weeks later (see other post for details) but after that I blocked him and I've been in no contact for over a month.

One of my best friends was his fraternity brother when we were in college. The week before I found out about the cheating, my friend surprised me and came out to visit for a week. He mostly stayed at my other best friends house (where I am currently living) because he really does not care for my now ex, although whenever they interacted they were always friendly towards each other. My friend believed I deserved better and my ex has a god complex (all very true). My ex also doesn't like my friend and told me not to trust him or believe him about anything and he just uses me.

Anyway, my friend moved out here a couple of weeks after the breakup because he is going to finish school at our alma mater (we are now 27.) He was with me when the drama happened while out to brunch when I ran into my ex and the girl he cheated on me with (re post). My ex saw my friend and obviously when I went over to them afterwards he knew we were hanging out. I've been doing okay this month, but that same friend (who I'm with almost everyday) said that my ex had called him and offered him a job at his company and wanted to get drinks. This is after my ex went on a tirade about how he would never hire my friend and he's not trustworthy, etc. The only time they were in contact was at college or because of me. I haven't spoken or seen my ex in over a month.

Why do you think he would do something like this? I'm not going to unblock him or break no contact, but it really hurts me that when I'm trying to heal I had to hear about him offering my friend a job. It's bad enough I moved away from home to be with him and after a couple of months I'm cheated on and emotionally abused. The situation is so strange to me. I'm still so heartbroken and hurt by all of his deception and lies. Is he doing this to torment me? A part of me obviously wants him to be hung up on me and is trying to make his presence known, but I know that's extremely unhealthy of me to want (I do not want him back, though) . I just don't know his endgame in all of this.

I've blocked him completely and moved to a different side of the city. I have zero contact with him except for when he contacted my friend and the one time when we happened to be in the same restaurant. It was just an unfortunate coincidence because I live in a big city so the odds of that happening were very slim.

Your ex seems like a manipulative ass***. I don't know what his intentions are but I'd tell your friend to be careful because you're not sure about his intentions. I commend you for leaving this situation as soon as you found out what he was doing and for blocking him and remain NC. Always keep your boundaries up and don't look back.

I've blocked him completely and moved to a different side of the city. I have zero contact with him except for when he contacted my friend and the one time when we happened to be in the same restaurant. It was just an unfortunate coincidence because I live in a big city so the odds of that happening were very slim.

You could try telling your friend to not talk about your ex to you. Whatever his reason are for wanting to hire your friend, let it be between the two of them. It really has nothing to do with you. Just continue to focus on your self esteem and healing, just take this as a tiny bump on your road to recovery. Brush it off! I understand when you are so hurt by someone it's hard not to think about their every actions. Really, just tell your friend to not mention the ex. You will get pass this, I believe you can. Stay strong.

I don't think my friend will mention my ex like that again because he saw me get slightly worked up about it when he did tell me. I know he doesn't want me to think about my ex, it was just one of those things. It's hard to not take my exs moves personally especially when it seems like such a clear dig at me given his history with my friend. I'm not going to break no contact no matter what. He's a garbage human and I know I deserve better than that. I just hate hearing anything about him.

Archived